I'm planning for a 1997 Putra. What do you guys think?

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Guys,

i've just sold my car...

I already have a good reliable car (ie Persona). i'm thinking of a fun car.

What my ideal car is:
budget around RM15k.
2 doors
Can get loan (if not i can get my own personal loan).
Above 1995
Easy to find spare parts.
No conti

But after studying the market, my option (not exactly according to my wishlist but close enough) is Putra 1997 1.8 around RM17k

Anyone can help fit my description?

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
NICE CAR bro own wan last year if u take ur time find 1 a stock condition.... you wont regard!!!! sold mine and got a gti!!!!!! eeeeeemmmmmmmm but still envy if i c a putra!!!!

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
yes.. for a tight budget a putra would be the ideal choice for a 2nd car to play as hobby for modifying.. you can find good deals with this car if you scout around.. some have accessories given free like rims,body works and engine upgrade..
Mechanical parts are easy to source, can find at chop shops n mix matching with other mitsu 4G9X series engine parts or you can get new parts at spare part shops or from proton itself.. try making sure you get putra with the ori recaro seats or something better inside.. some ppl tend to sell the interior parts for more cash n sell the car low..

if you really looking for sprinting power you got to go with V-Tec.. but unfortunately.. with your budget you can only get a honda civic gen4 1988-1991 models.. civic EF9/ 2doors converted.. other than you can try Integra DA6, but DA6 is more difficult to find parts for body parts n interior.. mechanical parts it shares the same family with civic EF models.. these cars are considered very old to some ppl.. not sleek n round like eg models.. but it still performs just as good with the B16A engine n its light body compared to most cars in its equavalent category.. and the other plus thing is.. u get to pay the 1.6 r.tax..

Attachments

Last edited:

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
bro if i m not mistaken that an r3 engine and 97 putra till 2000 used mit ecu!!!!!! if i m not mistaken!!

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
THanks guys.

You all have been very helpful.

Luka,

I was actually considering the civic EF standard for RM12k. But questions like spare parts availability and insurance ( coz it was a 1991) appeared in my head.

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
93na..
yes it is Satria r3 engine.. im just showing the difference to identify for siemens n mitsu on 4G93P that all..

Zidane..

what do you mean a standard EF?? if a local stock OEM EF 2doors would be even worse than a putra.. since it runs on D15B single cam carb engine.. If you want to get civic ef, better prepare 15k-20k to get one with a V-Tec engine.. other wise just get the putra since its EFI n dohc engine is way much more better in terms of FC,Hp n torque... only bad part is the R.tax is more expensive

the issue about EF is its an old car n road tax is expensive for old car bout rm 400+- for r.tax include insurance.. if you want to buy the car stock standard condition n later do the convertion wld not be economical.. parts are still available as long as ppl still playing V.tec in malaysia, only difference is its not available at every spare part shops to compare to Proton parts and Perodua part which is more ppl use today n the supply can be found at every shops..

Last edited:

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
CRX i dont think it will fit your budget.. its rare and still fetches high price.. and that car body parts are even difficult to source compared to EF...

Spareparts like body parts still got for EF at chop shops.. just not as much like newer cars thats all.. what is important is the mechanical part bro...

N mechanical parts not actually that much problem, can buy used chopshop parts, or buy from sparepart shop..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

See yourself as a race car driver but don't know where or how to kickstart this glamorous career? Wonder no more as the 2 great motorsport forces of Malaysia, TOC Automotive College (TOC) and professional race team Aylezo Motorsports have recently collaborated to form the TOC-Aylezo Racing Academy...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience