It's time to let it go......

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Too much power for daily drive hard to drive also.......lol
That's why now newer supercars all come with AT transmission and electronic throttle... Got high power but can easily be controlled by reducing throttle response and controlling the gear shifting points....

I heard old supercars are really difficult to control....

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
That heavy? This explains why Evo 1,2,3 are around 1200kg which is like 200kg heavier than Wira. The 4WD parts, heavier engine and perhaps the reinforced chassis.

Yes, I know about 4WD having much better grip on the road compared to 2WD. For a 4WD machine to launch during start, it is much easier than 2WD. For 2WD, you really need to time your RPM right before launching or else you'll risk losing grip and wheel spin. Grip and acceleration is one reason why I like 4WD cars compared to 2WD. I like cars like Evo, STI, Skyline GT-R...

Are you referring to this Optima Evo? Because I remember seeing an Optima Evo here before.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=426863
Yup this is the one... :)

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
That's why now newer supercars all come with AT transmission and electronic throttle... Got high power but can easily be controlled by reducing throttle response and controlling the gear shifting points....

I heard old supercars are really difficult to control....
No skool like ol' skool...:driver:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Well modded. But too bad it was sold off quite quickly.
The car was sold but loan was given personally. After a few years, the buyer was not able to continue the loan, so the car was back to the owner now... It's one and only I believed.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
There are 2 kinds of cars. Easy to drive and heard to drive. When young, I don't mind driving a hard to drive car. Like a wild bull. But as age catches up, I am tired and I want less effort to drive, so the new ones with tons of features and aid is a pleasure to drive, making driving comfortable but not enjoyable.

So in a nutshell, a car enthusiast should have 2 rides. 1 that is easy to drive and 1 that is when your 'gian' comes, then you drive the other torture machine. hehehe..

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Too much aid then also not drivers skill anymore.......lol:biggrin:
nowadays new cars all disconnect you to the road la.... even lights and wipers are auto, making the driver feel as if handicap.

I recalled my first car, morning start up still need to pull the choke.. that's raw man... raw!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
No skool like ol' skool...:driver:
Agree. But at my current age, I'm also worried if I won't be able to enjoy old school anymore when I have the enough money... Feels like I missed to board the train for 90s era JDM cars. :banghead:

Too much aid then also not drivers skill anymore.......lol:biggrin:
That is what younger ones prefer. I have friends who admitted that they may not be able to park their cars without rear beep sensor.

The car was sold but loan was given personally. After a few years, the buyer was not able to continue the loan, so the car was back to the owner now... It's one and only I believed.
So, the owner sort of gets $ during the period when the car is not with him? And now, he got back the car as well.

There are 2 kinds of cars. Easy to drive and heard to drive. When young, I don't mind driving a hard to drive car. Like a wild bull. But as age catches up, I am tired and I want less effort to drive, so the new ones with tons of features and aid is a pleasure to drive, making driving comfortable but not enjoyable.

So in a nutshell, a car enthusiast should have 2 rides. 1 that is easy to drive and 1 that is when your 'gian' comes, then you drive the other torture machine. hehehe..
At my age, I think I can still enjoy hard to drive car for another 2 decades or so. :biggrin:

I agree with you about having 2 rides. One that is more suitable for daily use and another for weekend or when you feel like driving something fun. I don't mind keeping my Wira as a daily car for as long as possible. Instead of paying monthly installment for a new car, I'll just save up a certain amount per month until I reach the amount to get a second car.

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Now for me to get another car oso x possible hehe..malas wanna hutang2 bank...n x afford for cash purchase (well actually I can but its called priorities hehe)...nowadays I'm just happy to do up other people's rides...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Now for me to get another car oso x possible hehe..malas wanna hutang2 bank...n x afford for cash purchase (well actually I can but its called priorities hehe)...nowadays I'm just happy to do up other people's rides...
Hahaha, your age is different than mine what. Also you have already experienced all these fun cars, VTEC, turbo and all that... For me I am just at the starting of my journey. Haven't even experienced enough of all these yet. Very hard to resist these kind of poison. :biggrin:

I don't know if having such a passion is a good thing or not but at least I feel like I have a goal and something to look forward to compared to many of my friends who don't have any specific passion. They just live life as it goes. Work or study. Then free time go play games like dota or mobile games. Drink tea or beer with friends. The cycle just repeats.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
RIGHT, it boils down to priorities. At some point, our perception change. Where something used to be at the top of the list now has became lowest. :)

YES, at some point, we have to own and experience high performance cars if you are a car enthusiast. Bro Renesis, you're still young. Take your time..... 90's and 2000's JDMs will still be available 20 years more to come.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
RIGHT, it boils down to priorities. At some point, our perception change. Where something used to be at the top of the list now has became lowest. :)

YES, at some point, we have to own and experience high performance cars if you are a car enthusiast. Bro Renesis, you're still young. Take your time..... 90's and 2000's JDMs will still be available 20 years more to come.
Priorities changes as life goes. I won't say anything is permanent in life because unexpected things do happen and sometimes they change you a lot.

I hope fuel price is still affordable and parts availability is still good, hahaha. My current favorite car now would be the 2005/2006 WRX STI Version 9. Already 10 years old now for that model... But I guess version 10 is okay too if their price drops down (over RM100k now) in future.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Honestly if you really want WRX, I would advise you to get Evo. The reason is reliability and availability of parts. It is cheaper to maintain or repair compared to WRX.

In terms of tuning cost, it's cheaper too. Even in stock, you can just raise the boost anytime without much worry. That's what I did to my Airtrek and I ran for years before I started the Evo-mods.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Toyota Corolla KE70 model DX, which is the perfect/ ideal engine for this machine?

I prefer 4AGE but Halfcut AE86 very expensive!
Any modification come with high horse-power (BHP) but minimum modification on the car example mounting shifting, panel knocking and etc?

I prefer mod for street legal drift machine that no problem with JPJ/ Puspakom!

There's a few suggestion by mechanic and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience