It's time to let it go......

fazidk

You are like 2 times my current age, hahaha. You are in the same age group with fstrader (uncle Fred). :biggrin:

Not easy for you to retire fully since you have already experienced so much of car mods stuff. Most car guys just end up playing convert cars or street cars till the end but you have already reached the stage where you are playing with performance/sports car.

While you are starting to retire, I am just on the beginning of my journey. :biggrin:

4G63T VR-4 seems quite powerful enough despite it being lower powered than Evo 1,2,3 4G63T... Sometimes I do wonder how crazy can those Wira, Satria and Putra feel with modded Evo 3 4G63T...
Same here retired oredi..feel sad bout it but true..had loads of fun wiz my ex-wira 4g63...stock internals (even when I got a full overhaul done I retained oem parts..)..just some minor upgrades like bigger cooler,bigger injectors,bigger fuel pump,bigger throttlebody etc etc..dyno'd @ about 300..but maintained at 1bar most of d time (if wanna go crazy just a push of a button n it's at 1.3bar :)

stutzedward

May 27, 2009
Not easy for you to retire fully since you have already experienced so much of car mods stuff. Most car guys just end up playing convert cars or street cars till the end but you have already reached the stage where you are playing with performance/sports car.

While you are starting to retire, I am just on the beginning of my journey. :biggrin:
Just go slowly.... when I was at your age, I was using Proton Saga 1.3... with standard mods. Those were the days.

Same here retired oredi..feel sad bout it but true..had loads of fun wiz my ex-wira 4g63...stock internals (even when I got a full overhaul done I retained oem parts..)..just some minor upgrades like bigger cooler,bigger injectors,bigger fuel pump,bigger throttlebody etc etc..dyno'd @ about 300..but maintained at 1bar most of d time (if wanna go crazy just a push of a button n it's at 1.3bar :)
I once met a tyre shop owner before which is into car modding. He told me he used to own a Wira with Evo 2 4G63T. He told me now he want to buy R34 Skyline GTT so I say Skyline GTT should be powerful enough. He told me not really because his old Wira Evo 2 is more powerful. Said he tested his friend's GTT before and the pulling power feel is not as strong as Wira. Is Wira evo really that crazy? :confused:

Just go slowly.... when I was at your age, I was using Proton Saga 1.3... with standard mods. Those were the days.
20 years ago, having a Proton Saga is quite a good car. Still new what. Most of the members here started small with local cars.

fazidk

I once met a tyre shop owner before which is into car modding. He told me he used to own a Wira with Evo 2 4G63T. He told me now he want to buy R34 Skyline GTT so I say Skyline GTT should be powerful enough. He told me not really because his old Wira Evo 2 is more powerful. Said he tested his friend's GTT before and the pulling power feel is not as strong as Wira. Is Wira evo really that crazy? :confused:

20 years ago, having a Proton Saga is quite a good car. Still new what. Most of the members here started small with local cars.
Rgds to d skyline vs wira evo2 I wld agree to some extend...it's called power to weight ratio..d skyline is definitely more heavy..n assuming he modded his wira...say mid to heavy/extreme then it wld be true..but if u mod d skyline equivalently then that's a totally different ball game...

He was comparing with a stock Skyline with his slightly modded Wira. He told me he din't touch the engine internals and turbo because he wanted reliability. He also told me that he is using 205/60/15 tyre size which is the same size for stock Evo 2 and 3. I guess the lighter weight of wira and smaller wheels gave the wira an advantage over Skyline which is equipped with wider and heavier wheels.

stutzedward

May 27, 2009
Did you know that GTT only has 250hp? And on wheel is around 180-190whp. Coupe with the body of over 1600kgs, the performance is similar to Airtrek in stock. My tuner has tuned many GTT or even GTRs, they regards them as sluggish and slow. Well, that is IF it's stock.

However the RB25DET or RB26DETT has loads of potential. With proper mods, they can FLY!

He was comparing with a stock Skyline with his slightly modded Wira. He told me he din't touch the engine internals and turbo because he wanted reliability. He also told me that he is using 205/60/15 tyre size which is the same size for stock Evo 2 and 3. I guess the lighter weight of wira and smaller wheels gave the wira an advantage over Skyline which is equipped with wider and heavier wheels.
A wira with 4G63T is not considered slightly modded.....lol
One time my VR send for alignment, the tyre shop boss was also doing a wira with 4G63T. After he finished both cars and the wira left, he told me that wira got VR engine but is so light, so feel much more power than my VR with super saloon body.... :smokin:

stutzedward

May 27, 2009
Wira chassis is only around 1000kgs and mate with a VR, that's like 240hp/ton. It;s too much actually and the chassis will not be able to take it. It's dangerous IMHO.

Yup, if always do pick up, heard many have crack in chassis........

stutzedward

May 27, 2009
I think in the late 90's and early 2000, there were a lot of Wiralution on the road with VR4 engines. And I've seen ridiculous 1.3 non-ventilated front brakes and rear drum brakes still intact with 240hp engines. It was just disaster waiting to happen.

Did you know that GTT only has 250hp? And on wheel is around 180-190whp. Coupe with the body of over 1600kgs, the performance is similar to Airtrek in stock. My tuner has tuned many GTT or even GTRs, they regards them as sluggish and slow. Well, that is IF it's stock.

However the RB25DET or RB26DETT has loads of potential. With proper mods, they can FLY!
In a way, a Wira with 4G63T can be even faster than your Airtrek?

RB25DET and RB26DETT both have a high threshold limit for their engines... I think 600hp is possible with stock internals... 4G63T will have a hard time to reach such figures...

A wira with 4G63T is not considered slightly modded.....lol
One time my VR send for alignment, the tyre shop boss was also doing a wira with 4G63T. After he finished both cars and the wira left, he told me that wira got VR engine but is so light, so feel much more power than my VR with super saloon body.... :smokin:
I mean he said his 4G63T is just slightly modded. Din't do major mods to the engine.

I hope someday I can get the opportunity to have a ride in 4G63T Wira... My experience in ridding modded car is B18C Civic EG hatch and EJ20 twin turbo Legacy auto but that was just cruising only...

Yup, if always do pick up, heard many have crack in chassis........
My favorite activity when driving. Guess I'm not suitable for that engine. :rofl:

My friends who are not used to sitting in manual cars are always frightened during pick up.

fazidk

Yes that's very true...that's y I kept it close to stock n mainly concentrated on d braking n suspension system (I trial n error d absorbers 7x before I got d rite set up)..I upgraded to bigger discs n better pads...I also had d chassis fully seam welded (d advantage of running own body/paint shop hehe)..n apart from some bars for extra peace of mind...:)

fazidk

In a way, a Wira with 4G63T can be even faster than your Airtrek?

RB25DET and RB26DETT both have a high threshold limit for their engines... I think 600hp is possible with stock internals... 4G63T will have a hard time to reach such figures...

I mean he said his 4G63T is just slightly modded. Din't do major mods to the engine.

I hope someday I can get the opportunity to have a ride in 4G63T Wira... My experience in ridding modded car is B18C Civic EG hatch and EJ20 twin turbo Legacy auto but that was just cruising only...

My favorite activity when driving. Guess I'm not suitable for that engine. :rofl:

My friends who are not used to sitting in manual cars are always frightened during pick up.
I'm not so much into straight line aka drag but more to curcuit driving aka winding/corners..that's y I retained stock oem internals for more reliability..

Yes that's very true...that's y I kept it close to stock n mainly concentrated on d braking n suspension system (I trial n error d absorbers 7x before I got d rite set up)..I upgraded to bigger discs n better pads...I also had d chassis fully seam welded (d advantage of running own body/paint shop hehe)..n apart from some bars for extra peace of mind...:)
Your Wira seems well balanced. Original chassis is from which Wira? Standard ones or C99? I think even by keeping the 4G63T, power is very much enough for a lightweight Wira. Pushing out more power will probably affect handling and grip because of torque steer I guess...

I'm not so much into straight line aka drag but more to curcuit driving aka winding/corners..that's y I retained stock oem internals for more reliability..
I guess you are very particular and sensitive towards handling, suspension tuning and tyre choice?

fazidk

Original body from 1.5 hehe..that's y lots of work as listed had to be done..n more work...:)

Yeah u might say I'm very particular about d handling/suspension n braking systems...no point having all that power if u x control it aka handling n stopping rite..I learned my lesson from my integra incident..

But then again like I said I'm x much into straight/drag so I x really need much power...just main focus more on d handling n braking...:)

N oh ya tire wise I x afford d UHP so I settle for mid range (at least in my opinion they are la hehe)...my last set was kumho (x remember d model tho)/nexen (n8000) combo..x too bad actually (oso at least in my opinion)..

The recent editions of the Need For Speed franchise has been very track-biased with Shift and the sequel to it coming soon, Shift 2. Most of us would remember when Need For Speed was all about running wild on the streets with some of the fastest sports cars money couldn’t buy.

Now the franchise is returning to its roots with the next title in the series, The Run. Slated for release on 15 November, The...