wut is the best tyre size for myvi??

OKLY

Known Member
Nov 26, 2011
Selangor
How is the tire balancing done? Need to recall back the process to know whether they did the balancing or not.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
There are two ways of doing it. The first way is to put your wheels on a machine and let it run. It will show how much weight or something like that to put to balance your tyre. The second way is by jacking up your car and accelerate while another guy will be sitting near the wheel to "feel" the vibration. Then, he'ss use the weight to see if it's balanced or not. This will be done till he is satisfied that the wheel is not vibrating any more. This explanation is based on what I see. Why, how and the terms I used may not be correct.

Anyway, just send it to another shop to do it. Very cheap only.

OKLY

Known Member
Nov 26, 2011
Selangor
Is it one machine that they will put 1 tire and let it spin? If that's the machine then yes they did.

So I guess I will have to go back there because I'm pretty sure I was charged for it.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Yes, just my personal opinion, I don't like the machine balancing. I prefer the 'feel' balancing. Just go back to the shop and tell them to do the 'feel" balancing. Hehe. Good luck bro.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I ended up with Advan Racing 15" and Michelin PS3 195/50/R15.
However, when I got out to the highway I felt vibration when I'm driving about 110km/h which did not happen before changing the rims and tires. This is mostly due to the balancing right?
When changing tyres, balancing is always done. Whatever the job is done properly or not, depends on the sifu handling it. The one done on the machine is usually called off wheel balancing.
The one done on the car is on wheel balancing. Firstly I need to ask. Does the new rims fit perfectly with the wheel hub? If not, I suggest you fit the center cone first to fit the rims properly in the center.

powerman

Dec 19, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I ended up with Advan Racing 15" and Michelin PS3 195/50/R15.

However, when I got out to the highway I felt vibration when I'm driving about 110km/h which did not happen before changing the rims and tires. This is mostly due to the balancing right?
bro , how much was ur cost for ur tyre and rims??

OKLY

Known Member
Nov 26, 2011
Selangor
When changing tyres, balancing is always done. Whatever the job is done properly or not, depends on the sifu handling it. The one done on the machine is usually called off wheel balancing.
The one done on the car is on wheel balancing. Firstly I need to ask. Does the new rims fit perfectly with the wheel hub? If not, I suggest you fit the center cone first to fit the rims properly in the center.
How will I be able to check if it fits perfectly now? But one friend of mine said that most of the time when upsizing to a larger aftermarket rims, the center cone is very likely needed. But shouldn't the shop suggested/advised on this matter?

SE86

Known Member
Nov 21, 2005
best offset for myvi 15inch 6.5jj and offset35..wont scrub even on full load..how low the can be no problem.

regarding balancing..if satisfied with machine than no problem, but if high speed still vibrate than onwheel balancing is best..in KL is around 10-15bucks for one tyre..seremban is 15bucks for front..this on wheel balancing depends on the persons skills..not everybody can do it till perfect.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

is better to use center cone cause the rims original center hub is not big.. for myvi i think is 50to60mm and the taiwan rims center hub is 73mm..they have readymade center cones

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Since you saw them putting the centre cones, I think it's balancing that you need to do next. I don't think the rim shop guy can make a mistake with this. Did you do it in Kedai Papan, Klang?

OKLY

Known Member
Nov 26, 2011
Selangor
bro , how much did ur tyre and rim cost u??
If don't consider trade-in value, the whole set would cost about RM1,900.

Since you saw them putting the centre cones, I think it's balancing that you need to do next. I don't think the rim shop guy can make a mistake with this. Did you do it in Kedai Papan, Klang?
Yes, did/bought at Kedai Papan aka Hin Leong in Klang.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
How much is the tyre only? How do you find the tyres?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
How will I be able to check if it fits perfectly now? But one friend of mine said that most of the time when upsizing to a larger aftermarket rims, the center cone is very likely needed. But shouldn't the shop suggested/advised on this matter?
Depends from shop to shop. That day at Tek Ming, my mechanic was changing rims, they did suggest fitting the center cone. Many other shop I went to did not.

To check you have to remove the rims from the car, take out the rim cap in the middle then fit the rims back on. Through the cap hole you can see whether the rims hole fits properly to the wheel hub. If fitting means no space left, even 1mm space means not fitting.

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Actually I saw them placing something similar to this before putting on my tires:
WTS : Aluminum Center Cones (Hub Hole)

So now got 2 possibilities? One is that the center cone is not the correct size, another is the balancing was not done properly?
If the cones have been fitted then the balancing maybe not good......

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

How much is the tyre only? How do you find the tyres?
195/50R15 PS3 should be RM230 per pc.

OKLY

Known Member
Nov 26, 2011
Selangor
Went back to Hin Leong today and told them about the vibrating steering, at my receipt I was charged for the center cones and also saw it fitted with the rims. So their foreman went to proceed with tire balancing, then after doing it he tested it and told me it shouldn't vibrate anymore.

So on the highway I tried again, vibrations are less but I still feel it (not as smooth compared to stock tires/rims). Now, is the balancing still not done properly? I'm considering to bring to another tire shop to do the balancing again and hopefully they can solve it for me.

Also another thing, if a tires are not run-in 100% yet, will there be any effects like vibrations?

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
May I know which method is used to balance your tyre this time?

OKLY

Known Member
Nov 26, 2011
Selangor
May I know which method is used to balance your tyre this time?
First he did the off-wheel where he put the tire to the machine. After doing that, he did the on-wheel where he fit back the tire and then spin the tires by accelerating it until about 120-140km/h to feel the vibration. After several adjustments, then he said done and shouldn't vibrate anymore based on his testings. But when I took it back to the highway and tested it myself, I still felt vibrations but it wasn't as bad compared to yesterday.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
120-140km/h? If I'm not wrong, I usually see them doing it at only 80km/h. Anyway, balancing actually need some skills. If that person not so skilful or experienced, there will still be vibration. I only send to selected shops and only let selected guys to do it for me. Try another shop. Not sure of any good shops where you live, unless if you are willing to travel to Seremban or Port Dickson, then I can recommend you those shops. Hehe.

There was once I travelled from Seremban to Taiping. My Kancil was vibrating at 110km/h. So, the moment I reached Taiping, I did my balancing at a random shop. The result?? Even at 90km/h the car was vibrating worse than 110km/h. Came back to Seremban and sent it to my usual shop, no more vibrating even at 130km/h.

OKLY

Known Member
Nov 26, 2011
Selangor
Was thinking of bringing to Lim Tayar and try their balancing service. Apparently they have this high speed balancing service. Price slightly more expensive, heard it was around RM70 but if it really solves my problem then I think it's fine. It's quite frustrating that the steering vibrates when going at highway speeds (considering the fact that I'm always outstation so I travel on the highway a lot).

Plus I don't think many tire shops are open on a Sunday.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Ask around if anyone knows any shop that does good balancing.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Yesterday my beloved car got stolen at Pantai Hillpark. :bawling: Parked near to the guard also wont scare these muthafckrs! Detail of the car is as follows :

-Honda civic eg4 Hatchback (or dolphin as some call it)
-Red color
-cap ayam ssr type c 15" silver color
-standard bodykit. No lips or ducktail whatever. Standard exhaust also.
-front windshield got ppum sticker and sepang parking sticker PA4
-Back screen got small mambo sticker
-Left sideskirt got crack, big one in fact.
-Driver...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience