wuts best for kelisa???

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Known Member
Jun 14, 2004
Pee Jayy
anyone got use double 12 inch in kelisa before??? how's the sound,.or 10 inch better?? plz help guys..

pisces

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
For pure SQ systems, a single 12" is good enough.
Don't forget, for good subbass, you need to consider the sub amp and the sub enclosure as well.

Known Member
Jun 14, 2004
Pee Jayy
wht abt SLP??? can a be fiteed with a double 12 inches SUB?? with the right box???

pisces

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by 4041@Feb 28 2005, 13:37
wht abt SLP??? can a be fiteed with a double 12 inches SUB?? with the right box???
SLP???
You mean SPL??
Most probably can put 2 12" in sealed box but your boot space will be taken up.

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Go with the 2 X 10". I dont think you can fit 2 X 12" in your car.

SPL? 2 X 10" in a ported box with 3 cu. ft. will give you SPL.

energie

Known Member
Jul 19, 2004
2 12" in sealed will meter higher than 2 10" in vented. burp higher ;)

energie

Known Member
Jul 19, 2004
15" ? Deeper maybe, but not any louder at lower notes, Kelisa has a higher in car resonance frequency than bigger cars, you won't be complementing the 15"s capability to play loud at lower frequencies, unless .. the Kelisa has no backseats ..hehehehe :D

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Originally posted by energie@Mar 1 2005, 01:03
2 12" in sealed will meter higher than 2 10" in vented. burp higher ;)
i disagree with you. if a 10" has more displacement than the 12" then the 10" will be louder than the 12". Not all 12" is louder than 10". furthurmore you need a bigger box for a 12" than a 10" with the exception of some subs (Brahma).

2 X 12" in a sealed box? are you kidding? you want loudness and you put in a sealed enclosure. sealed enclosure will need more power from the amp compared to a ported box. For a ported box, the bigger the box, the more efficient the subs will be and will result in lower power handling.

The reason why ppl not in favoured in ported box its because they dont know what they are doing. A cutom ported box can beat any sealed box in any given day.

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Originally posted by energie@Mar 1 2005, 01:19
15" ? Deeper maybe, but not any louder at lower notes,
would you share the basis behind this? Means that 15" cannot play low freq.? is it?

yohannes

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
NZX/Kelana Jaya
haha...why yong sigh??expert talking , don disturb la..

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
Originally posted by yohannes@Mar 1 2005, 21:06
haha...why yong sigh??expert talking , don disturb la..
ooppsss...sorry...akkakahahaha

i think is better 4 u 2 try out wats good 4 ur car...wat i noe is tat my frens kancil wit 2 debetz(or wat u call it) 10" is very very loud(in his car)...n wit just 2 10"...it has taken up those whole boot area...the other 1 was wit 2 12"....louder (prokick)
but not as tight n solid s the 10"

i saw aljebat selling of his 8" kicker solobaric L7...if u like those drum sond thump thump thump...u can consider bout tat also...

energie

Known Member
Jul 19, 2004
appleyard :blink:

Look dude, it seems you get awfully ticked when someone mentions the word sealed. What's up? If you hadn't notice, I do have a pair of Stroker setup, born long before the Brahma. Stroker is the real deal in SPL and no Stroker of mine is in sealed. You do have your opinions & I have mine & the next time you would want to requote me, make sure it's the whole nine yards. I said " 15" ? Deeper maybe, but not any louder at lower notes, Kelisa has a higher in car resonance frequency than bigger cars, you won't be complementing the 15"s capability to play loud at lower frequencies, unless .. the Kelisa has no backseats " , do you know what in- car resonance frequency is ? Or do you just punch your numbers in Win Isd? You do not drive a Kelisa, you wouldn't know, go figure your own in- car resonance frequency, & let me know whether you'd want to burp your car at 60hz or 45 hz. Oh one more thing, save the Win Isd expert talk & cut paste from someone else, we know all about it, it's not just the enclosure, a lot of other things count. Do you compete my friend? I doubt it, coz if you did, then you'd know that JS Audio in Sunway still holds the current Super Street record in the local DBDrag & Racing doing 153.4db using 3 Tarantula 12"s sealed in a Kancil with the backseat still intact. You would not beat that record with your pair of Brahma 15"s, no way with the backseat still intact. My buddies at Acoustic Edge had burped with a single Brahma with 2200 wrms fed into it, 5.2 cubic enclosure, burped at 42 hz in an Iswara Aeroback & it only did 142.8 db. Look, Brahma is good, but it ain't that great, Scott Johnson did 170db with 9 Brahmas 15s, Chilli Roberts did 174+ db with 4 Stroker 18s, that's twice as loud, & he did that a couple of years back, look we don't need you to argue abt which box you feel is better for you, not everyone is you, not everyone wants a Brahma or two & not everyone just discovered WinIsd or vented box. Some of us might have paid a hefty price for linear X rather then just download some freeware ...
These guys out here wants to know what might sound loudest in their car, in this case a Kelisa, why don't you just chill dude, you don't hear DJ Laz asking everyone to get Power HX2s which he has or Bert asking others to get Butler amps. We are just trying to help 'em out, let's not be pushy ya? Don't question me dude, & I don't need it from you :D

energie

Known Member
Jul 19, 2004
No Xtorm, small car can go low, but you'd need to get around it with a bigger enclosure if it's vented, which is inconvenient if it's your daily ride :D

verticalar

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
the 1st question i will ask u.....
Do u still wan ur booth space?????

xtorm

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
Originally posted by energie@Mar 2 2005, 03:15
No Xtorm, small car can go low, but you'd need to get around it with a bigger enclosure if it's vented, which is inconvenient if it's your daily ride :D
oooooo......i always tot vented need smaller box to go lower..:) it is actually the other way around...

tis make sense....tats y manufacture always recomend biger box for ported setup, so meaning if a sealed box which is as big as a ported box will always go lower izit?

energie

Known Member
Jul 19, 2004
Any enclosure will play deep, but with sealed, the deeper notes are much more audible than vented bcoz it doesn't suffer from the steep rolloffs. Put it this way, a pair of sealed RF PunchHX2 only requires approximately abt 2 - 2.2 cuft in a sealed enclosure, but requires approximately 2 - 2.5cuft for a single subwoofer in a vented, or 4 cuft for a 4th order bandpass. Now, if you were driving something small such as a Kancil or a Kelisa & you wanted to go loud regardless of power but not at the expense of your backseat, you do the math, the bandpass though is loud, is horrible when it comes to bass quality plus you'd need to throw off your backseat, which leaves you with only the single woofer setup with the vented or the dual woofer setup with the sealed, now I know a lot ppl might disagree with me in many things, but I think that 2 12's which has more cone area & power handling to offer opposed to the single setup would definitely play deeper & pound harder. Remember dude, we're not talking abt an SPL intended built car, which is a totally different ballgame, we're talking abt you going loud with your daily ride :)