Which 1.6L used car to go?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The gasket seems rather fragile... When I am cleaning my car this week, I'll probably try and locate where the screws are in the first place...

You're rich. So fast modding a lot of stuff into the car. Can't wait to hear from you about the final result of all the mods.
It's not fragile at all. In that picture I can see the gasket already. It's sticking out mah! And the TB only has 4 x 10mm size long bolts holding it down. Remove the black rubber intake hose by loosening that clamp which probably uses 10mm as well.

I think later on if it's still available, I will either get myself a FD or a Putra as a project car. DOHC 1.8L can stroke to 2.2L or closeby. With that power and that light chassis, it's really quite a good combo

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
It's not fragile at all. In that picture I can see the gasket already. It's sticking out mah! And the TB only has 4 x 10mm size long bolts holding it down. Remove the black rubber intake hose by loosening that clamp which probably uses 10mm as well.

I think later on if it's still available, I will either get myself a FD or a Putra as a project car. DOHC 1.8L can stroke to 2.2L or closeby. With that power and that light chassis, it's really quite a good combo
Then do a 50/50 weight balance for the car :top:
Like the BMW 320i is 50/50. Car handling really good. Feels like you are in control and not being controlled.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But my doortrim is changed to 1.3 manual window turning. Still can put in component ?:confused:
The speaker usually will be at the bottom, any space for that? The component tweeter will be on the dash...:driver:

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Almost bought a Putra myself. Metallic yellow some more. But at that time looking for 4 door already....:driver:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Then do a 50/50 weight balance for the car :top:
Like the BMW 320i is 50/50. Car handling really good. Feels like you are in control and not being controlled.
And...when men are in that type of car, men are free for the moments until we reach home......

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

The speaker usually will be at the bottom, any space for that? The component tweeter will be on the dash...:driver:

:

Yup, near your feet. Dont think the 3 in 1 will fit like std without having interference with the window.

Aiyoh....if i read correctly this car suppose to take bro TS from point A to point B only right?
Now slowly turning into a mega project.

Now is July, I bet after Raya he will be posting about ECU tuning, performance engine part.
And by next year, put it up for sale.
Lets hope i have the cash by then.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Save $$ instead of keep changing the power window motor.
Btw, I also did the same on my Satria few years ago :biggrin:
Power window is really that bad? Thankfully mine is still okay after 15 years.

Just now when I was at home, I opened the hood to look at the throttle body. I found the gasket already. Now I saw several wires and stuff connected to the TB...

Which FD? FD2 or FD3S... FD3S is going to be really expensive for maintenance... Putra is nice, C99, 4G93... Worth to consider.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Almost bought a Putra myself. Metallic yellow some more. But at that time looking for 4 door already....:driver:
Putra is cheap what... Why din't get it. But for that price, can get AE101 SEG or EG Civic...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, near your feet. Dont think the 3 in 1 will fit like std without having interference with the window.

Aiyoh....if i read correctly this car suppose to take bro TS from point A to point B only right?

Now is July, I bet after Raya he will be posting about ECU tuning, performance engine part.
He mentioned component, means separate speaker and tweeter with cross overs. Biggest usually 6", if no space then 5" and smallest is 4". Tweeter usually the same size...:driver:

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Power window is really that bad? Thankfully mine is still okay after 15 years.

Putra is cheap what... Why din't get it. But for that price, can get AE101 SEG or EG Civic...
Mine was bad, even rear manual winding mechanism broke....:banghead::banghead:

The putra I was looking at that time was quite new...:smokin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Mine was bad, even rear manual winding mechanism broke....:banghead::banghead:

Your Wira how old already? Carburetor or Injection?

When Putra is still new, that should be several years ago. :biggrin: Back then, EG and AE101 probably cost even more.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
He mentioned component, means separate speaker and tweeter with cross overs. Biggest usually 6", if no space then 5" and smallest is 4". Tweeter usually the same size...:driver:
Meh. My wira custom job fit 7" Dynoaudios. :biggrin:

When Putra is still new, that should be several years ago. :biggrin: Back then, EG and AE101 probably cost even more.
Erm... he... doesn't have... a Wira? Nickname already VR2Turbo lor.

Just an fyi, there was a lot of cost cutting (so it would seem) with the Putra. Antiroll bars were thinner, sound proofing was lesser and the price was as high as the GTI. And c99 chassis isn't invincible. A heavily modded 4G93 will still be too much for the C99 chassis. If I ever do get a Putra, the first thing I'd probably do (apart from checking for rust) is spot weld and straighten the chassis (if necessary).

And I like the FD3S. Stock twin turbo form please!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Carb model 1.5(M). Sold in 2003. Power window, first owner changed once, under me again change, then got one time even the rear manual one...:banghead:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Just an fyi, there was a lot of cost cutting (so it would seem) with the Putra. Antiroll bars were thinner, sound proofing was lesser and the price was as high as the GTI. And c99 chassis isn't invincible. A heavily modded 4G93 will still be too much for the C99 chassis. If I ever do get a Putra, the first thing I'd probably do (apart from checking for rust) is spot weld and straighten the chassis (if necessary).

Before ma!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

I remember last time he mention he got Wira...

So, Putra's chassis wasn't exactly as good as the original Mitsubishi Mirage Asti chassis then.. . Sound proofing won't matter much if you want the car for performance but antiroll bars do matter... About modded 4G93, I remember you once mentioned about a Putra with heavy 4G93 NA mods until the chassis cracked or something? Something about the canard creating downforce until it ripped off the bumper. Is it?

If kept the FD3S stock, maintenance should be fine? I saw before in youtube where there is this thing called bridge port mod in FD3S's engine that creates a loud brap brap brap sound. I still don't have much idea what port means in Rotary...

Carb model 1.5(M). Sold in 2003. Power window, first owner changed once, under me again change, then got one time even the rear manual one...:banghead:
Din't know 1.5 uses manual window for rear. Mine all four also power window.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Custom fit sure can lah!...:biggrin:

Wira long ago one, sold in 2003....:smokin:

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Din't know 1.5 uses manual window for rear. Mine all four also power window.
First batch, power front, manual rear cost down probably.....:banghead:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
And...when men are in that type of car, men are free for the moments until we reach home......

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

RM11.5k @ yr 97, a lot of parts already wear and tear.
Since the car price is cheap, this is why I have extra budget to minor mod :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Go ahead, drool, it’s ok, I did the same while writing this. For most of us, this will end up as another collection in our wallpaper folder. For the rest, I don’t like you. Yes, I’m jealous. I can’t afford this car, not for now anyway. Wishful thinking, I know. But can you blame me? Look at it; it’s stunning. Yes, there is already a roofless F430 running around, its called the Spyder, some of you may remember it from the movie...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience