Which 1.6L used car to go?

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Meh. My wira custom job fit 7" Dynoaudios. :biggrin:

Erm... he... doesn't have... a Wira? Nickname already VR2Turbo lor.

Just an fyi, there was a lot of cost cutting (so it would seem) with the Putra. Antiroll bars were thinner, sound proofing was lesser and the price was as high as the GTI. And c99 chassis isn't invincible. A heavily modded 4G93 will still be too much for the C99 chassis. If I ever do get a Putra, the first thing I'd probably do (apart from checking for rust) is spot weld and straighten the chassis (if necessary).

And I like the FD3S. Stock twin turbo form please!
Before ma!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Just an fyi, there was a lot of cost cutting (so it would seem) with the Putra. Antiroll bars were thinner, sound proofing was lesser and the price was as high as the GTI. And c99 chassis isn't invincible. A heavily modded 4G93 will still be too much for the C99 chassis. If I ever do get a Putra, the first thing I'd probably do (apart from checking for rust) is spot weld and straighten the chassis (if necessary).

And I like the FD3S. Stock twin turbo form please!
I remember last time he mention he got Wira...

So, Putra's chassis wasn't exactly as good as the original Mitsubishi Mirage Asti chassis then.. . Sound proofing won't matter much if you want the car for performance but antiroll bars do matter... About modded 4G93, I remember you once mentioned about a Putra with heavy 4G93 NA mods until the chassis cracked or something? Something about the canard creating downforce until it ripped off the bumper. Is it?

If kept the FD3S stock, maintenance should be fine? I saw before in youtube where there is this thing called bridge port mod in FD3S's engine that creates a loud brap brap brap sound. I still don't have much idea what port means in Rotary...

Carb model 1.5(M). Sold in 2003. Power window, first owner changed once, under me again change, then got one time even the rear manual one...:banghead:
Din't know 1.5 uses manual window for rear. Mine all four also power window.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Meh. My wira custom job fit 7" Dynoaudios. :biggrin:

Custom fit sure can lah!...:biggrin:

Wira long ago one, sold in 2003....:smokin:

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Din't know 1.5 uses manual window for rear. Mine all four also power window.
First batch, power front, manual rear cost down probably.....:banghead:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
And...when men are in that type of car, men are free for the moments until we reach home......

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Yup, near your feet. Dont think the 3 in 1 will fit like std without having interference with the window.

Aiyoh....if i read correctly this car suppose to take bro TS from point A to point B only right?
Now slowly turning into a mega project.

Now is July, I bet after Raya he will be posting about ECU tuning, performance engine part.
And by next year, put it up for sale.
Lets hope i have the cash by then.
RM11.5k @ yr 97, a lot of parts already wear and tear.
Since the car price is cheap, this is why I have extra budget to minor mod :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

For you F1 fans, the BMW Sauber F1 Team is launching its 2008 challenger live on the team's website, BMW Sauber F1 Team - Entry. The unveiling happens Monday, January 14 from 12:00 to 12:30 CET. BMW Sauber driver Nick Heidfeld has played down the team's title chances...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience