what should I go for??haltech sprint 500??Microtech LT10s??or Megasquirt??

boxcar_racer

Oct 3, 2007
Hi guys,
Currently i upgrading my E3 to 2.2L..my questions is..what engine management should i use for on the road purpose..(only race sometimes)
my option is haltech sprint 500 , microtech LT10 and megasquirt...
need otai2 opinion so much..

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
any will do... they're about the same thing...

Standalones is about maintainability... Also depends on ur ultimate set up..

Thousandten

Known Member
Aug 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
prefer haltech sprint 500. got limet cut,when u lost control yourself (maybe sometime lost mind )atl least 0ther brain still stay cool,,@car ecu @.can make safely and save money ,,,, microtech is good as well but just for crazy modify. and 2.2l good for high rev, if u using 272 /280 racing cam best match lo,depand your turbochager ,try gsc power division cam
pls call 012-3941832 james maybe can helping you ,if lookin good performance part
:biggrin:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
err... 2.2L is good for high rev only if it's done with short pistons and long rods...

boxcar_racer

Oct 3, 2007
prefer haltech sprint 500. got limet cut,when u lost control yourself (maybe sometime lost mind )atl least 0ther brain still stay cool,,@car ecu @.can make safely and save money ,,,, microtech is good as well but just for crazy modify. and 2.2l good for high rev, if u using 272 /280 racing cam best match lo,depand your turbochager ,try gsc power division cam
pls call 012-3941832 james maybe can helping you ,if lookin good performance part
:biggrin:
thanks,currently i'm still on running my engine..to have the higher lift cam is my next phase..anyway. gsc 272 how much does it cost??

err... 2.2L is good for high rev only if it's done with short pistons and long rods...
How to figure out highest RPM the engine can go??currently my setup is 4d68 94mm with 150mm rod and short piston..

boxcar_racer

Oct 3, 2007
ok..thank bro..

ajin

Known Member
Nov 22, 2005
vote 4 haltech...btter fine tune for fuel efficiency...microtech?? fuel guzzler aka for racing use only.. ;)

jo1

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
vote 4 haltech...btter fine tune for fuel efficiency...microtech?? fuel guzzler aka for racing use only.. ;)
The fuel consumption is depend on the tune..... My customer using Haltech and Microtech..... the fuel consumption still almost the same. They came from the north with 1000cc injector and the fuel consumption is better than std ECU. It not all depend on what ECU, the tune n engine setup is the most important.

The standalone ECU is as good as the tuner..... If the tuner is good than the ECU will perform....

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
The fuel consumption is depend on the tune..... My customer using Haltech and Microtech..... the fuel consumption still almost the same. They came from the north with 1000cc injector and the fuel consumption is better than std ECU. It not all depend on what ECU, the tune n engine setup is the most important.

The standalone ECU is as good as the tuner..... If the tuner is good than the ECU will perform....
Good One Jo1. Was about to say it... Bro, how about low/high impedence injectors..? Is there any influence on the flow pulse control...?

jo1

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
Good One Jo1. Was about to say it... Bro, how about low/high impedence injectors..? Is there any influence on the flow pulse control...?
What i notice from the Microtech and Haltech using High impedence injector required higher number to be input into the ECU but the duty cycle still the same as using low impedence injector with lower number input. That mean your have more broad range so more fine fuel with high impedence injector. Example for 1ms-6ms for high impedence injector maybe required 0-8(0-25) but for low impedence just required 0-6(0-20). Bare in mind that different ECU may act differently because of the Injector driver design.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
you can look and learn from that.
Tech - Low and high impedance injectors

EMS can control both of injectors.for me better fit high impedance and save a budget
Thanks APTuning... An informative page.

What i notice from the Microtech and Haltech using High impedence injector required higher number to be input into the ECU but the duty cycle still the same as using low impedence injector with lower number input. That mean your have more broad range so more fine fuel with high impedence injector. Example for 1ms-6ms for high impedence injector maybe required 0-8(0-25) but for low impedence just required 0-6(0-20). Bare in mind that different ECU may act differently because of the Injector driver design.
Thanks Jo1 for sharing the experience. Will try it with LT10s

jawsbite

Apr 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Most of the "advice" in here smells of product promotion cept for a certain few. List out all your mod first, hen only others will be able to advise. For the cost of it, standalone is only "economical" when you have spend plenty thousand on power mods, big turbo, high lift cams to name a few. A 2.2 stroker with standard top & TD05 is still puny to a 2.0 with GT30 & HKS 272.

nan83

Known Member
Nov 14, 2004
Pasir Mas,Kel
Some info about injector :

Peak and Hold:
Peak/hold injectors are low impedance, usually in the 1-4 ohm range. When the ecu calls for fuel to be injected, it sends out voltage via the wire clips until a certain current level is reached (the peak part) (varies by injector size, company). For the duration of 1 pulse width, that current is slightly reduced and held (the hold part). Peak-and-hold injectors require a larger current (~4A) to open the injector and a smaller current (~1A) to hold it open.

Advantages of this design:
minimizes the injectors "on" time, resulting in faster response

Disadvantages of this design:
increases coil heat, which can lead to failure over time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturated:
Saturated injectors are generally higher impedance than peak and hold, running in about the 10-15 ohms range. Unlike peak/hold, a saturated injector remains "on" for the entire pulse width. Saturated-circuit injectors use a constant current (typically 2A @ 12VDC) to open the injector and keep it open.

Advantages of this design:
reduces heat

Disadvantages of this design:
slower response time
can't handle large CC or lb/hr styles due to limitations in its speed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sealing Mechanism Design :

Pintle – Bosch/Denso
- easy to clog not good with ethanol
- pintle weight 4 grams
- fuel atomization good ( good at low rpm & moderate at hi rpm)

Disc – Lucas
- good with ethanol
- disc weight 0.4grams = good respond
- still can flow over 100psi
- more direct spray pattern might also help cool intake valves in high horsepower applications
(not good low rpm )

Ball & Seat – Delphi/Rochester/gm multec
- Good with ethanol
- Cannot operate at very high pressure, the nozzle will stop inject fuel
- Cone mist atomization ( very good at low rpm )
- Use light weight material = maybe faster respond compare to disc type

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minimum cycle time for most pintle types is 2.0 Ms. for Peak & Hold (OEM) and 2.5 for Saturated units. The Disc will cycle as low as 1.0 Ms. The Lucas Disc, and I assume RC Disc, weighs only 0.4 Grams. and the Bosch / Nippon -Denso pintle is at 3.9 to 4 Grams (Ten times heavier). The reduced inertial loading of the disc, allows the Disc to overcome the hydrostatic load at excitation quicker and return to it's seat faster, providing quicker response times and more consistent cycle-to-cycle values.

So why is this important. Well, it is not, most of the time. At 3000 rpm the intake valves open and close 25 times per second. Thus, each even is 40Ms in length. At 80% injector duty, the injector is "on" 32Ms and "off" for 8 Ms. This is plenty of time for both injector types to get their job done. During those last 4Ms, the pintle would only just get closed, when it is time to open again. Beyond 90% injector duty, the injector would start to become static (open all the time) or go "semi-static" (as in "lock-up"), which would have drastic consequences at WOT - this is why not to go past 85% Injector Duty.

Now, at 6000 rpm, the valves open/close 50 times per second. At 80% injector duty, the injector is "on" 16Ms and off 4Ms. Thus, at 6000 rpm, the injector pintle just gets closed, when it is time to open again. At 6500 rpm (redline), the valves open/close 54.16 times per second. At 80% injector duty, the injector is "on" 14.77Ms and "off" 3.7Ms. At 6500 rpm, the valve opens/closes 54.1667 time per second; at 85% injector duty, the injector is "on" 15.69Ms and "off" 2.77Ms. During those last 2.77Ms, the pintle would only just get closed, when it is time to open again; if the pintle is "slower" than the 2Ms stated above, the injector would start to become static (open all the time) or go "semi-static" (as in "lock-up"), which would have drastic consequences at WOT - this is why not to go past 85% Injector Duty.

Due the short time the pintle is open at 6500 rpm, the "ramp-up" time of the P&H vs. Saturated injector becomes critical as to how much fuel is injected. The 1-1.5 Ms quicker opening time of the P&H is significant in the amount of fuel injected. It is for this very reason and the reasons first stated (consistently and accuracy) that P&H injectors are used in turbo and performance applications.

See some injector vid test :

YouTube - comparison of Lucas type disc injector to Bosch design III to the stock GM multec.

YouTube - 850cc to 1680cc

my list to buy item is Injector Dynamic 2000CC hi impedance .. it very good injector, still can get good idle for 1.8cc engine with petrol ... google it if wanna get more info.

Apr 5, 2011
johor
i need help..i got M&W PRO 14 CDI with M&W IGnition coil set..it is can be installed in my Wira injection 4G13...i need help and suggestion..please anybody help me..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If one were to have carbon fibre hood installed it is necessary to have hood pins as well? Would the relative lightness of the carbon fibre hood pose a danger in 'lift' at high speed runs?

:confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience