What Car Should I Buy

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
the better question will be:

HOW MUCH MONEY I HAVE so I can be that car.....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
the better question will be:

HOW MUCH MONEY I HAVE so I can be that car.....
haha good one....:biggrin:
Yup, Have to follow your priorities, budget, some go for second hand value, some on reliability, fuel consumption and so on....:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
So many types of cars, which one to go for? Found this article is very interesting - What kind of car should I buy? Any more input other than those mentioned in the article?
We also dunno what kind of car you want and what you are looking for in a car yet. So hard to suggest till you state out your certain requirements that you want to find in a car.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
He not asking what car to buy, but what else to look out for when buying a car, other than those in the article......hahahaha

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
add RWD car for drifting and AWD for rallying...

additionally, either Vtec or turbo...lol

hatchback is like satria...
another type is supermini, or city car...like viva..

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
very interesting article...for nubies...not for otai...like me.....hahahaha

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
People who are asking what car to buy already got a car in their mind. They are just trying to get support so they can mentally tell themselves they are making a right choice. That or they are trolling, lol.

At the end of the day, 99% of the people buying cars are based on preference, not practicality.

If practicality was the determining factor we'd all be driving MPVs, or poor bastards would be driving Savvy manual.

Give you simple example, between god car Toyota Vios and Perodua Alza, strip the badges, drive like a normal average Joe. In every way the Alza is more practical, spacious. If you fold the 3rd row seats down, in theory you're driving a wagon.

Then there's the people who take 9 year loan to buy a Myvi (or any other car). Like major WTF. If you just need a vehicle to get from point A to point B, as a means of transportation, there's a Proton Savvy you can buy for RM7k with change.

Nowadays people nak gaya, no money tak apa.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
There are ppl I know that prefer to rent a room, survive on basic food....but driving a beemer and like to be seen by others.

I personally know a young fren (just graduated fr. uni and join a bank as junior executive) that pestered the father to buy him the latest Honda Civic.
Why? I ask him. He said "becoz all his exec colleagues oso drive a Civic. he cannot be seen driving a proton or ppl will laugh at him".
His monthly gaji so little. Not much left after paying for phone bill, entertainment, GF makan-makan party-party, GF holiday, etc.

Lastly, cannot pay monthly bank installment. Make sad face in front of his retired father pulak. Then his father use his "coffin money" to cover the installment...Everytime, say that this is the last time.....(BTW, His father only drives an old beat-up 130Y).

Blardy gaya son, I would say...but damn useless....

I think there are plenty of these ppl in Malasia...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
There are ppl I know that prefer to rent a room, survive on basic food....but driving a beemer and like to be seen by others.

I personally know a young fren (just graduated fr. uni and join a bank as junior executive) that pestered the father to buy him the latest Honda Civic.
Why? I ask him. He said "becoz all his exec colleagues oso drive a Civic. he cannot be seen driving a proton or ppl will laugh at him".
His monthly gaji so little. Not much left after paying for phone bill, entertainment, GF makan-makan party-party, GF holiday, etc.

Lastly, cannot pay monthly bank installment. Make sad face in front of his retired father pulak. Then his father use his "coffin money" to cover the installment...Everytime, say that this is the last time.....(BTW, His father only drives an old beat-up 130Y).

Blardy gaya son, I would say...but damn useless....

I think there are plenty of these ppl in Malasia...
You should have slap him and ask him to wake up. If he suffer and paying the car on his own is fine. But still depend on father to pay the monthly installment for the "mau muka" car then really deserve a slap.

So if his friends/colleagues driving BMW M3 then he also have to buy one to blend in? What mentality... :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
No need to slap his face. Let his father slap his own "pai kar" son. lately the father had to find a part-time job to support the family. Now this son case pulak........

What to do, youngsters today are like that. They think being a uni grad deserve all the good things in life. They are set for life. One class above.

For me, after uni....things and life REALLY gets tough.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
No need to slap his face. Let his father slap his own "pai kar" son. lately the father had to find a part-time job to support the family. Now this son case pulak........

What to do, youngsters today are like that. They think being a uni grad deserve all the good things in life. They are set for life. One class above.

For me, after uni....things and life REALLY gets tough.
Being a father myself, Giving the son his Uni education already d*mn good. Thereafter, he has to fend for himself. My kids using whatever spare car we have and that is a 19 years old Hyundai Sonata. Don't want there is always the Bus and LRT.....:biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
None of our business. You can buy a BMW but you can't buy class.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear Owner,

Would appreciate if you could share you precious oldskool, vintage, classic car picture here..

Please keep it clean and comments and etc are not welcome.. this is strickly for pictures only.

Thank your for your co-operation.:adore:

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

Copy past from Mr. 1972Mini1000Auto thread, Gorgeous

'66 Dodge Dart 270...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience