weird idling problem...need help !!!

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
Shah Alam/ KL
Dear ZTH members....

im driving a putra...previously there is no prob with this engine....just usual prob of the stepper motor with bad bad idling....

suddenly there is engine check light out...when i plug in diagnostic tools...my air flow sensor and also TPS faulty....after change these 2 sensors....and also a used stepper motor....everything was ok at first....suddenly one weird problem came out...

occasionally the idling will suddenly go up to around 3000rpm and refuse to go back to normal idle....sometimes i rev til 6000rpm for about 15 mins only the idling will slowly go back to normal....and sometimes it wont go back to normal but go below 1000rpm....

even i try adjust my timing or idling screw on the throttle body...it still stays at 3000rpm at idling and refuse to go back to normal.....and when this happens...i have knocking (or pinging) between 1000rpm to 3000 rpm during driving everytime i change gear....

hope u can give some tech advice on how to solve this prob...many thanks in advance...

Cheers....

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
...Idling sensor, throttle body, or even ECU...based on my experience la..

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
Shah Alam/ KL
tps sensor changed..airflow sensor change..engine check light no more..but i havent try swap the ecu yet..i also suspected is tps or ecu...

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Is u replaced with same code number air flow sensor?
Btw, high possibility is related with TPS position.

Last edited:

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
Shah Alam/ KL
i pretty sure if i put in a perdana air flow sensor...it wont effect that much until go up to 3000rpm...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Highly culprit is the TPS sensor. Since you replace it with a used one maybe the TPS get stuck causing the high rpm...try servicing the stepper motor and see...I've service mine and idling went back nicely and until now there's no problem and idling is stable too.

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Hey Bro, is your problem already solved?

tps sensor changed..airflow sensor change..engine check light no more..but i havent try swap the ecu yet..i also suspected is tps or ecu...

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
Shah Alam/ KL
i check n service the throttle body n all the sensor before i install...still same prob...cant be solve...when plug in to the computer....tps sensor working fine n reading is ok...throttle cable ok...throttle body butterfly ok too...no sangkut....all have been done...but still same prob.....

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
Shah Alam/ KL
bro...mine is definitely not stepper motor prob...becoz when the car idling normal...it really works ok...idle at about 1000rpm...on air con then drop to 900rpm...engine smooth...stepper motor is working fine...just that when the rpm goes up...it will goes up slowly to 3000rpm n remain there...refuse to go back to normal unless if i rev the car for few mins....

throttle body all remove n even change to another one...service the throttle body n also sensors...when it is working fine...totally smooth...but once go up to 3000rpm...i pening gila...heheheh

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
I had this problem also previously and I just changed the throttle body and the idling sensor. Do you have this problem without switching on the air condition?

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
Shah Alam/ KL
throttle body...tps sensor and stepper motor is changed....problem stil the same even with or without air con switch on...if didnt switch on aircon...rpm stays at 3000...if switch on..will dropped to 2000rpm....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Z Project: 1987 Nissan Fairlady 200ZG Z31

So I managed to drop by Batu Pahat to pay the car seller in full, the cash amount agreed on purchasing of the car. I've only depended on the photos to determine the condition of the car. However, during closer inspection, there was some dissapointments. There are some rust holes on the bonnet and rear boot. The windscreen...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience