Water Leakage at Boot

chris_x

Known Member
Mar 5, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.lowyat.net
Driving a Wira Sedan 2001 make. Having problem during raining season where water comes in through the boot.

Water got all over the spare tyre compartment and worrying it will get rusty soon. I've open up the tail lights and seal with sillicon, yet water still coming in.

How to check where is the water leakage? Headache...

Supachip

Known Member
Apr 9, 2004
puucuung
Remove the spare tyre, under the spare tyre, more to the left, there is a metal cap right? mayb coming from there? Make sure the metal cap is closed properly.I was having the same problem.

MOVE_Type_K

Known Member
Dec 31, 2005
bro...try buy a new set of wira rubber seals...its cheap and easy to change...maybe ur rear boot rubber seals already torn or old...

craziechild

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
Sarawak
change the rubber... solve everything... after change dun expose your car to the burning sun for too long... cuz the rubber from proton is kinda low quality...

cdraculla

Feb 6, 2006
my ride also got the same problem. Has seal it with silicon but still got water come in. Don't know where come from. My fren's ride also got same problem, why haa ? if I change the rubber and problem still not resolve, what is other possibilities other than the rubber issues and the metal cap ?

LoneWolf81

Known Member
Jun 28, 2005
Puchong
cdraculla said:
my ride also got the same problem. Has seal it with silicon but still got water come in. Don't know where come from. My fren's ride also got same problem, why haa ? if I change the rubber and problem still not resolve, what is other possibilities other than the rubber issues and the metal cap ?
Where you sealed? Ur ride Wira? I applied silicon gel at rear lights (there is a gap between the top part of the lights and car body) then problem is solved.

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
LoneWolf81 said:
Where you sealed? Ur ride Wira? I applied silicon gel at rear lights (there is a gap between the top part of the lights and car body) then problem is solved.
yeah same with my iswara also...most proton cars the water come in from there...

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
so im not the only one with the leakage prob here huh?haha

my prob was the same..leakage in the boot..it was the rear light gap.had to use sealer.cheap and simple done in 15mins.

cdraculla

Feb 6, 2006
I sealed it at the top & side part of the tail light, but the water still come in. My ride is Civic. When I opened the carpet inside (behind the tail light), can see the water came in from the tail light.

LoneWolf81 said:

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
sifu back =P

hieya, i am the one that posted the pictures few years back

this is what i did when i was searching for the source of leak

open up the boot
take lots of 1.5liter water bottle and fill them up with water
then pour the water from the side (the water drain next to the rubber seal)
this will take a while so slowly pour it in
till u notice the water inside the boot and u start tracing then

as for the underneath
the screw definately wun leak if screwed properly (but heck i might be wrong so to counter this, just wrap the screw with the white plumber tape and screw it back lar)
as for the cap, yes, water can enter from here if not sealed properly, so what i did was permanently seal it with silicon

kowkl

Known Member
Nov 26, 2003
Thank for the info DA.

I think I know where the water is coming from to wet my booth. It's the plastic screw on the booth cover. I'll try with the plastic tape and will feed back after a heavy down pour.

DarkSin

Known Member
Sep 12, 2005
kl
i have the same problem.

boot leaking is easy to track but most of the case is due to the tail light (for proton cars).

you can always try to visit any accessories shop nearby and a lot of them know how to solve the problem especially proton cars.

anyway im getting my tail light "fixed" tomorrow at 1 of the accessories shop. :_:

so good luck to you guys. and no more flash flood in ma boot!

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
pouring water from outside and detecting from the boot with a torchlight is a good idea. However, for minor minor leaks, its better to mix water with talcum powder. With that, the water trail leak can be seen easier as it leaves a trail of white powder......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

what is hologram? buffer trails?

who cares!!!!!....i pay 400 & i got my car ready in 4 hours while a shop ....u chop chop lo

master & visa card incoperations....what izzit...can use for shopping ke

abrasion holograms, often reffered to as buffer trails or machine...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience