Evans Water-free Coolant

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I came across this product at one of the events I went to. Quite interesting product, the coolant is not waterbased and is completed water-free.

Evans Cooling

So what you do is you drain your engine of all the coolant, use their flush to clear out all traces of water from your radiator, then final fill using the performance water-free coolant.

Benefits include zero pressure at the radiator since there is no water. Meaning even when the engine is hot, you can open the radiator cap and it won't explode in your face. They had a demo car there. The coolant was even touchable with the finger - hot but not scalding. Felt oily.

Other benefits are cooler running radiator, zero maintenance and lifetime coolant.

Here's the catch, the coolant 4L bottle is RM300. They will flush out your radiator for RM600 including fill. 3 hours process.

That's kinda overkill if you ask me but if it helps cool the engine better, there are a lot of benefits!

Anyone using the product already? Please give your feedback. I'm not convinced but it has peaked my interest. If it were cheaper I'd already gone for it. Right now money is too much more important to me than radiator coolant.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Cool the engine also have it's limit right? Not too cold then not running optimum dy.

Zero maintenance as in what sense? My radiator also zero maintenance if running well.
What If got leak and need replacement means another RM300 to refill?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Cool the engine also have it's limit right? Not too cold then not running optimum dy.

Zero maintenance as in what sense? My radiator also zero maintenance if running well.
What If got leak and need replacement means another RM300 to refill?
Water will corrode eventually when the coolant breaks down. Since this coolant doesn't contain any water it doesn't break down (supposedly) and just lasts forever since it also doesn't leave sediments or deposits since there are no minerals because no water.

Supposedly la. This is what the brochure says.

The sales guy said they'll check all the hoses and gaskets before installing the coolant for you but he wasn't able to answer my question about the head gasket and how they can verify that.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
looks like pure water-less based coolant....probably will also deteriorate like engine oil over time...but how long still yet to find.... and topping it up would be a headache....

i wonder if we were using that coolant, then decided to topup (leaks/replacing hose) do we still able to top it up with water?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
For me, RM300 is a lot of money.......I would stick with something that works, like water + typical coolant.

RM300 can buy about 15 bottles of coolant.....and probably last 15 years if flushing once a year.
Unless you are running NASA spec. and grade engine...that goes to Mars, or bust kind of scenario.

Of course, this is just me.....

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
interesting product. I'd use it in my old V12 especially at the traffic jam. Tight engine bay with no fancy air vents or auxiliary coolers.

however, most engines that require such a special coolant products are either old or tuned.

Either way, these candidates require moderate to frequent top ups and have potential coolant leakage.
This would mean having to carry an additional RM300 bottle of the product since you can use water.

I've heard a lot of good thing about Engine Ice though. Perhaps those with coolant issues can give it a shot
POWERSPORT INDUSTRY

there's a local dealer as well

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
looks like pure water-less based coolant....probably will also deteriorate like engine oil over time...but how long still yet to find.... and topping it up would be a headache....

i wonder if we were using that coolant, then decided to topup (leaks/replacing hose) do we still able to top it up with water?
I am with you on this, with high engine temperature anything will break down with time. Since cannot top up with water then got to buy another bottle for top up. Same scenario with using nitrogen gas for tyres then top up at station with normal air. If not, got to find tyre shop with nitrogen and got to buy for refill...:smokin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Overkill I'd say, way too expensive and doesn't seem too practical as well. I'd rather spend that kind of money on tires.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

I am with you on this, with high engine temperature anything will break down with time. Since cannot top up with water then got to buy another bottle for top up. Same scenario with using nitrogen gas for tyres then top up at station with normal air. If not, got to find tyre shop with nitrogen and got to buy for refill...:smokin:
nitrogen is a heck lot cheaper than RM300 evans water....
Nitrogen in tires is also useless at least for daily driven cars. It's more a myth than real benefits. I wouldn't spend a single cent on it.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Overkill I'd say, way too expensive and doesn't seem too practical as well. I'd rather spend that kind of money on tires.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Nitrogen in tires is also useless at least for daily driven cars. It's more a myth than real benefits. I wouldn't spend a single cent on it.
Yeah, there was a couple of youtube vids that did a comparison of tyres running on nitrogen and ordinary air used on road cars tyres. Found out there weren't much diff in terms of performance....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Can't top up with water. Doesn't mix.

That's also why I said they will not let outsiders install the product, they will do it for you. After a complete inspection of the car parts then only drain, flush and fill their coolant. The coolant runs a lot cooler than water and doesn't boil like water so I'm thinking a few things here (purely speculation and based on the salesmans feedback) :

1. Since it runs cooler (dissipates heat fast), the hoses don't deteriorate as quickly as it would with water based coolants. Hence the chances of leaks is less or zero.

2. Since it appears to be oil-based, the thing will not corrode or leave any deposits (supposedly) so the lifespan of the radiator is much longer and less prone to leaking.

For me, RM300 is a lot of money.......I would stick with something that works, like water + typical coolant.

RM300 can buy about 15 bottles of coolant.....and probably last 15 years if flushing once a year.
Unless you are running NASA spec. and grade engine...that goes to Mars, or bust kind of scenario.

Of course, this is just me.....
I guess economies of scale is relevant. But if you have the time to do the flushing it still means your parts are still more prone to wear than compared to using this thing? Assuming it works as it should la.

The breaking down part I forgot to ask the salesman. Maybe I'll mail the Evans website and see what they say. Cuz claiming to be a lifetime 1 time change thing is a pretty big deal.

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

nitrogen although should be discussed in a separate thread is a con job. Unless you're an F1 team owner, you won't be able to find a machine in malaysia that is capable of producing pure nitrogen to fill your tyres. All of the shops I've ever come across readily admit that their machines still have a mix of air inside and unless you completely drain your tyre of its air contents (which will have to be done in a vacuum environment) there's no real way to completely fill your tyre with pure nitrogen like how they do in F1.

Oh btw, the sales man also claimed colder air con (due to less heat emitted), longer lasting engine (which is debatable) and here's the kicker : more horsepower. Again this is debatable but the claim is since the engine runs cooler, it does result in some horsepower gain which to some extent is true.

Anyone can comment on this?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Can't top up with water. Doesn't mix.

That's also why I said they will not let outsiders install the product, they will do it for you. After a complete inspection of the car parts then only drain, flush and fill their coolant. The coolant runs a lot cooler than water and doesn't boil like water so I'm thinking a few things here (purely speculation and based on the salesmans feedback) :

1. Since it runs cooler (dissipates heat fast), the hoses don't deteriorate as quickly as it would with water based coolants. Hence the chances of leaks is less or zero.

2. Since it appears to be oil-based, the thing will not corrode or leave any deposits (supposedly) so the lifespan of the radiator is much longer and less prone to leaking.

I guess economies of scale is relevant. But if you have the time to do the flushing it still means your parts are still more prone to wear than compared to using this thing? Assuming it works as it should la.

The breaking down part I forgot to ask the salesman. Maybe I'll mail the Evans website and see what they say. Cuz claiming to be a lifetime 1 time change thing is a pretty big deal.

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

nitrogen although should be discussed in a separate thread is a con job. Unless you're an F1 team owner, you won't be able to find a machine in malaysia that is capable of producing pure nitrogen to fill your tyres. All of the shops I've ever come across readily admit that their machines still have a mix of air inside and unless you completely drain your tyre of its air contents (which will have to be done in a vacuum environment) there's no real way to completely fill your tyre with pure nitrogen like how they do in F1.

Oh btw, the sales man also claimed colder air con (due to less heat emitted), longer lasting engine (which is debatable) and here's the kicker : more horsepower. Again this is debatable but the claim is since the engine runs cooler, it does result in some horsepower gain which to some extent is true.

Anyone can comment on this?
I see you mention it is oil based, so the normal hoses can still be used?

On engine running cooler, doesn't the thermostat regulate the temperature? Even if the coolant can dissipate heat the thermostat will not open until it reaches it's operating temperature, NO?

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
I'm on evans now. It feels like your normal ..... brake fluid! hahahah.... oil based so damn PITA to clean when it gets into your engine bay as it is like cleaning an oil spill. Heats up very fast so your warm up is good maybe can prevent those early start up wear and tear. Cools fast also. Can be used with your normal hoses. Have not checked the logs on the temps yet but so far no problems. I think it is great for cast iron blocks. Very suitable for your for your kereta perang that sits on your driveway for most of the week. Boils at 190c so when your engine oil is 120-130c that fellow is hardly breaking a sweat.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I'm on evans now. It feels like your normal ..... brake fluid! hahahah.... oil based so damn PITA to clean when it gets into your engine bay as it is like cleaning an oil spill. Heats up very fast so your warm up is good maybe can prevent those early start up wear and tear. Cools fast also. Can be used with your normal hoses. Have not checked the logs on the temps yet but so far no problems. I think it is great for cast iron blocks. Very suitable for your for your kereta perang that sits on your driveway for most of the week. Boils at 190c so when your engine oil is 120-130c that fellow is hardly breaking a sweat.
Did you install the coolant yourself or went to the shop to do? How long have you been on it? Is it true it's 'lifetime'?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there,

Anybody know of any clutch upgrade for Saga BLM? My original clutch even after replacement is not holding well...

Thanks and Regards.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience