Removing Water Spots on rear Windscreen

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Today was washing my VR, then decide to clear the water spots on the rear windscreen. The VR have been parked in the open 24/7 for a long time already and water spots have appeared on the rear windscreen. Have been there a while, only lazy to clear them until now....hahhaha:biggrin:

Water Spots/Marks on the glass. To remove by Polishing also will take a long time with rotary

When wet with water it becomes worse. Driving in the rain at night becomes very difficult

Don't mind the bottle as the glass acid was given by a friend. He mentioned getting it from Honda SC and that is the only bottle he could find, so I also do not know the actual brand except it is glass acid. Similar to this you can check out Tom Cat or Formahero water stain remover, but do not use these products on the front windscreen.

This acid just apply onto a cloth and scrub hard. Depending on how stubborn the water marks, you may need to scrub two to three rounds to remove the stains. Wear rubber gloves if not the acid will sting your hands.

Right side after scrub clean with glass acid. Water sheeting over the clean glass. For comparison left side full of water marks

Completed. Washed and dried. No more water marks.

Thanks for viewing......:wavey:

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
I went to do this at a workshop, and yes those watermarks were gone but with that came swirl marks that are visible when light shines and other scratches that is getting on my nerves. I am told there is no way to remove them except to change the windows, I hope that is not true?

Btw, how much does the acid cost normally?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I went to do this at a workshop, and yes those watermarks were gone but with that came swirl marks that are visible when light shines and other scratches that is getting on my nerves. I am told there is no way to remove them except to change the windows, I hope that is not true?

Btw, how much does the acid cost normally?
If you have swirls means the shop did polishing by rotary using compound. This can create swirls.
I heard there is a special glass polish (cerium oxide) that can polish it back, but I think still will need a rotary polisher to do it.
Acid base is to dissolve the water spot and remove so no harm to the glass. Those Tomcat and Formahero should be around RM16 a bottle.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If you have swirls means the shop did polishing by rotary using compound. This can create swirls.
I heard there is a special glass polish (cerium oxide) that can polish it back, but I think still will need a rotary polisher to do it.
Acid base is to dissolve the water spot and remove so no harm to the glass. Those Tomcat and Formahero should be around RM16 a bottle.
But how come only windscreen cant use ar bro? Cuz windscreen also ada watermarks haha!
Guess Rain X good enough though.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
But how come only windscreen cant use ar bro? Cuz windscreen also ada watermarks haha!
now i use AWOC...better than rainX....no wiper jumping2...no mist on outside if stuck in traffic..and works better...

i bring small bottle can get a bit?? :listen:

Blanc2z

May 24, 2013
Subang Jaya
I use Mosiac Cleaner from my local hardware store which I buy for like 10 bucks tops. used for cleaning toilets but works everytime! I have like half a bottle left... bought it around February last year. this stuff works wonders :biggrin:

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
All these acid , mosaic cleaner does clean the watermark but same time killed the surface sheeting capability....which you need to compound or re-polish back...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Front windscreen can use but must be very very careful. Must wash off before it dries. Front windscreen when use wipers will have micro lines scratched into them and if these acid fluid seeps in and dries, it turn white then your windscreen vision will be blocked and it is a pain in the a** to remove. Even with rotary and compound also difficult to remove....:banghead:

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

All these acid , mosaic cleaner does clean the watermark but same time killed the surface sheeting capability....which you need to compound or re-polish back...
Glass polish and rain X.....:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
now i use AWOC...better than rainX....no wiper jumping2...no mist on outside if stuck in traffic..and works better...

i bring small bottle can get a bit?? :listen:
AWOC where can get? Ace ?

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
One comment on the video is same as Rain X only.....hhahahhahahhah:rofl:

Wah! If buy rain X and re-bottle / repack can make a lot woh!:smokin:
Good idea xD

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I wanna diy to connect the aluminium hose from the front of my bumper to my air filter.But i can't seem to be able to find the aluminium hose. I saw it once in kakimotor in subang but it cost about rm 50 for about 1 meter(i think)...very expensive though! :eek:

Is there anyone out there in zerotohundred who knows where to get a cheaper aluminium hose with good qualities?

URGENT!

Thank You.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience