Uphill with gear 2

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

jeffbeh

Hi all,

Just want to find out whether have you guy encountered the same on SVT. Recently i can feel my car is vibrate moderately when idling although engine has warmed up for more than 5 minutes and even i stopped at traffic light and this thing only happened recently. Other than this, my car always have difficulty to uphill even with 2nd gear, it moves very slow and sometimes 1st gear also. I know that increasing the fuel ratio will eventually resolve it, then FC will be going up as consequences. BTW, my Anyone can shed some light?

Do you feel knocking when doing the uphill? If yes you should go fix it.
If not, there something wrong with timing, plus wrong timing made your car slow n use quite fuel than usual, in my experience.

Sache > as i noticed, there is no knocking from engine. the car just moving very very slow and sometimes the car just die half way uphill.

Chinozie > i never encountered this before.

Another issue is when i stuck at jam with aircon on and when i step on clutch, the engine will just dies without any reason. i also noticed the rpm will just drop like rocket and this thing happened intermittently. Should I do a throttle cleaning? Do you guys think this will solve this problem?

There a thing in black, small about kotak mancis size, it use for the a/c compressor. check if the thing work or not.
I change the thing(lupa sial name dia) around rm70 from hc shop.

Sache,

Thanks for your prompt response. I will try to checkout the thing. BTW, what is hc shop ?

half cut shop. the thing called vacuum sensor, i think.

sorry for the interrupt... just wanna know the truth about many ppls saying tat the more advanced the timing the more power it is but knocking sound really annoying....wat will be the suitable timing degrees for SVT, mine is set to 20 degrees....tq

20 degree? zomg..

dunno lar but repair manual says 8-12 degree, sifu chin last time set 15 degree i think knocking already also.

my idle also funny. when normal it idles 860-900rpm, but sometime drop below until 750rpm and engine kinda jerk once in a while and rpm flunctuate. when i on aircond no such prob anymore. only happens when i din use the aircond.

but when suddenly turn on the aircond the engine died too..

My timing, I dont know. Just let it run 1300-1500rpms.

sache, may i know what is your current fuel consumption in Mileage per liter?

Last edited:
That something difficult to answer. But if I go to S.Petani from K.Terengganu, the petrol cost around RM50-60 depend the traffic.
I try test it later coz the car at SP right now and I at K.Trgnu using other vehicle.

Top Bottom