Preve having problem uphill over 30% gradient?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
If this is true, that Preve model is worse than rubbish. And seems to me that proton is trying to taichi to jkr. My old junk 23years old nissan sentra had no problem going up tian hou gong at all.

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
This is sort of bad man..
I thought in my sense of nationality that the proton group had already achieve something when they came out with the Preve and Suprima-S. But never knew it would be this shitty also.
Here's what i think la about Proton cars, i dont intend on offending anyone.

-FIRST SAGA: Robust,Boxy but STRONG built with a cute engine. Mitsubishi 4G13 Engine (RELIABLE)

-Proton Iswara: Another Saga but with Aeroback and better looking head lights. The Aeroback is great for Drag racing. (RELIABLE) Mitsubishi 4G13/15 Engine.

-Proton Wira: Commonly can be seen on the road and the third best platform to mod. (RELIABLE) Mitsubishi 4G13/15/93 Engine. I think i missed some. 4G92/91 got ar?

-Proton Satria: Fun car to drive especially the GTi version, it was superb with cornering no doubt, the best handling Proton ever had. (RELIABLE) (Mitsubishi 4G13,15,92,93)

-Proton Perdana: Le Executive car where the gearbox will cost you 10,000 as the minister said (how dumb to think we're stupid). But its from a galant breed and i do believe this car is nice and comfy and it gets better as you put in a 6A12TT perhaps? or the 6A13TT!

-Proton Putra: The best car to mod besides the Wira and Satria,2 Doors, ample space on the back. I think its the strongest during this era of Proton before the Gen 2. But i don't know if the Wira C99 (with tiang gol spoiler) is better. (RELIABLE but spare parts ain't cheap and this is the hottest target for the assholes car thief.) (Proton 4G93 DOHC)

-Proton Waja: Depends on which engine, 1.6, very reliable and still the power is acceptable eventhough not enough with the Mitsubishi 4G18 SOHC. But the 1.8 Renault engine, i blow my pipe holes if i get that one. Way too hard to maintain and ain't easy finding the parts. Good luck. You'll need it. They even come with Campro now.

Proton Gen 2: First time i went in to it, the rear seats were awful, my head will hit the roof on every bumps. Not CPS engine, it was just CamPro engine. And to be honest, i felt the car was struggling hard.

Proton Persona: Finally, something worth the time and quite comfy, i dont know if the back seat is actually the same like the Gen2. BUT it is comfortable for me. I felt that the Gen2 engine had more power, i may be wrong.

Proton Satria Neo: My friend bought it even when i say don't. It was problematic, from standard alarm, to aircond switch, and to the mounting bla bla bla.. Inside i can see full of plastic like the Gen 2 and Persona. THE WORST, as Jeremy Clarkson said about Neo ''They've made metal out of plastic!''. they are referring to the fuel cap.

Proton Inspira: Another copy paste project, as the quote ''Smart one gets it''. so no comment, as i may be stupid coz i do not own an inspira.

Proton Preve: MAKE WAY FOR THE BOSS! Super huge car with turbo and i had to praised it because the ass was not only big, but the engine provide sufficient power where you can actually felt for the first time in proton history, the thing called 'passion in making cars'.

Proton Suprima S: I....love.....the....tail lights..... SEXAY!

Oh.. i dont know if this problem still exist and i would like to ask all proton owners out there:
Does your power window still becoming a common problem nowadays? Or has proton improved?
Like harith iskander said ''if you use a proton car, your window will stuck halfway.''.

Last edited:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Proton Preve: MAKE WAY FOR THE BOSS! Super huge car with turbo and i had to praised it because the ass was not only big, but the engine provide sufficient power where you can actually felt for the first time in proton history, the thing called 'passion in making cars'.

Oh.. i dont know if this problem still exist and i would like to ask all proton owners out there:
Does your power window still becoming a common problem nowadays? Or has proton improved?
Like harith iskander said ''if you use a proton car, your window will stuck halfway.''.
I love the lights as well. And the Preve is getting prettier and prettier day by day for me.
I have changed 5 power windows regulator set. All warranty within my 1.5 years of ownership.
Afterwards, I got to know some tips. Spray the side with silicone spray, now it lasts. Hopefully forever till my end of ownership.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I think this is an isolated incident. Drex and a few others have disputed this issue and they've encountered equally steep hills with start-stop traffic and never had issues.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
This is sort of bad man..
I thought in my sense of nationality that the proton group had already achieve something when they came out with the Preve and Suprima-S. But never knew it would be this shitty also.
Here's what i think la about Proton cars, i dont intend on offending anyone.

-FIRST SAGA: Robust,Boxy but STRONG built with a cute engine. Mitsubishi 4G13 Engine (RELIABLE)

-Proton Iswara: Another Saga but with Aeroback and better looking head lights. The Aeroback is great for Drag racing. (RELIABLE) Mitsubishi 4G13/15 Engine.

-Proton Wira: Commonly can be seen on the road and the third best platform to mod. (RELIABLE) Mitsubishi 4G13/15/93 Engine. I think i missed some. 4G92/91 got ar?

-Proton Satria: Fun car to drive especially the GTi version, it was superb with cornering no doubt, the best handling Proton ever had. (RELIABLE) (Mitsubishi 4G13,15,92,93)

-Proton Perdana: Le Executive car where the gearbox will cost you 10,000 as the minister said (how dumb to think we're stupid). But its from a galant breed and i do believe this car is nice and comfy and it gets better as you put in a 6A12TT perhaps? or the 6A13TT!

-Proton Putra: The best car to mod besides the Wira and Satria,2 Doors, ample space on the back. I think its the strongest during this era of Proton before the Gen 2. But i don't know if the Wira C99 (with tiang gol spoiler) is better. (RELIABLE but spare parts ain't cheap and this is the hottest target for the assholes car thief.) (Proton 4G93 DOHC)

-Proton Waja: Depends on which engine, 1.6, very reliable and still the power is acceptable eventhough not enough with the Mitsubishi 4G18 SOHC. But the 1.8 Renault engine, i blow my pipe holes if i get that one. Way too hard to maintain and ain't easy finding the parts. Good luck. You'll need it. They even come with Campro now.

Proton Gen 2: First time i went in to it, the rear seats were awful, my head will hit the roof on every bumps. Not CPS engine, it was just CamPro engine. And to be honest, i felt the car was struggling hard.

Proton Persona: Finally, something worth the time and quite comfy, i dont know if the back seat is actually the same like the Gen2. BUT it is comfortable for me. I felt that the Gen2 engine had more power, i may be wrong.

Proton Satria Neo: My friend bought it even when i say don't. It was problematic, from standard alarm, to aircond switch, and to the mounting bla bla bla.. Inside i can see full of plastic like the Gen 2 and Persona. THE WORST, as Jeremy Clarkson said about Neo ''They've made metal out of plastic!''. they are referring to the fuel cap.

Proton Inspira: Another copy paste project, as the quote ''Smart one gets it''. so no comment, as i may be stupid coz i do not own an inspira.

The first few cars until Renault engine were all Mitsu.........:driver:

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

I love the lights as well. And the Preve is getting prettier and prettier day by day for me.
I have changed 5 power windows regulator set. All warranty within my 1.5 years of ownership.
Afterwards, I got to know some tips. Spray the side with silicone spray, now it lasts. Hopefully forever till my end of ownership.
That is nothing compared to my ex Wira 1.5 that has manual wind up window for the rear. One of them broke too.....:banghead::banghead:
My VR power window are still working after 22 years.....:thefinger:

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

I think this is an isolated incident. Drex and a few others have disputed this issue and they've encountered equally steep hills with start-stop traffic and never had issues.
heh! heh! then how can Proton issue such a report....:banghead::banghead:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
What's the definition of "steep"? In the letter Proton admitted that the car is unable to climb gradient of 31%

Please, Drex and whoever they are, no numbers no measurement. "Steep" can mean 10% gradient to them, "Steep" can also mean 5% gradient to a 10 month toddler.

They are just butthurt.

In the letter Proton admitted the car can only do 26% gradient (bravo Proton, at least got balls to admit). And Proton says the road is not compliant and JKR should fix it (lol, big balls sial Proton).

If this car sold @ New Zealand, habis la, Baldwin Road's gradient in New Zealand is 35%.

Tiu lor, San Francisco city easily got gradients around 31%, I had NO ISSUES jamming up with a Hyundai Getz Automatic rental.

Proton Preve - to prove Proton is a joke of a car maker to the world.

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site

Seriously??? Did u watch the opening or our thread about Suprima S?

I remembered the Hisham Othman of Proton.. as he said "I like the back of the car, it matches with the word S" which we all? WTF?! ASS?

n then with the epic "This is the 1st proton model with rear LED lights which u can find in high class cars" .. all of us were.. Exora? Saga FLX?

anyway u forgot Saga FLX which currently has an ECU issue (bcoz i owned one n many owners are facing the same prob as mine)

Yes Power Window still got prob, my FLX power window just fixed in the last service (still under warranty)

btw about the PReve Hill, i remembered there was a youtube video of a guy's preve had an issue at Cameron Highlands

*if I am still in UiTM posting this sure my coursemates will belasah me sbb they think i am not patriotic for being in this thread, that was in 2006

Last edited:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Seriously??? Did u watch the opening or our thread about Suprima S?

I remembered the Hisham Othman of Proton.. as he said "I like the back of the car, it matches with the word S" which we all? WTF?! ASS?

n then with the epic "This is the 1st proton model with rear LED lights which u can find in high class cars" .. all of us were.. Exora? Saga FLX?

anyway u forgot Saga FLX which currently has an ECU issue (bcoz i owned one n many owners are facing the same prob as mine)

Yes Power Window still got prob, my FLX power window just fixed in the last service (still under warranty)

btw about the PReve Hill, i remembered there was a youtube video of a guy's preve had an issue at Cameron Highlands

*if I am still in UiTM posting this sure my coursemates will belasah me sbb they think i am not patriotic for being in this thread, that was in 2006
Facts is facts, nothing about not patriotic. Those are just ethnocentric haahhaa.
Btw, the power window warranty is lifetime warranty. But their lifetime is only 5-7 years I forgot which ahahahahha :rofl:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yah! Was just in Cameron Highlands 3 weeks back. Some roads to some chalet, houses are really steep. Tean Hou Temple road nothing compared to them....:driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, in the letter it's already mentioned that Proton also test other cars there and the result also cannot climb!
First time I read this in the Lowyat forum, I was laughing! As bad as I thought Proton was, I never thought something as hilarious like this can happen!:rofl:

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
wow, Preve with climbing problem...lets comment with power window problem first...:banghead:

its much to do with the punch CVT, the clutch mechanism...i think its been rectified in lowyat that it need higher rev to climb...30 degree is quite steep though...thus the Suprima comes with hill-start technology...

interested to test the actual road or orse with preve CVT...and see how..

The gear box for Campro is RM14,000..Inspira CVT is RM27,000...
thus RM10k is quite cheap for a V6 gearbox..

Facts is facts, nothing about not patriotic. Those are just ethnocentric haahhaa.
Btw, the power window warranty is lifetime warranty. But their lifetime is only 5-7 years I forgot which ahahahahha :rofl:

its 10 years...lifetime of a car...

i never have power window problem for old saga, neo, inspira...happened on waja and saga blm...
certain model have bad designed...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Blaming the road and say the road is not within spec is stupid. Even Myvi with non-turbo engine, normal torque converter auto gearbox can traffic jam up the temple no issues.

Kononya want to be global car. How la? Can't even climb up own mountain in own country, ask JKR go fix the road. So go San Francisco that time ask them to flatten the mountain cause gradient is 30% -- cause Proton cannot go up the road, its not within specs.

What a joke.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Fuel regulator.
Its quite common in modification scenario.
Actually what the actual function of the fuel regulator?
Just in doubt, because many of car owners make this item as a compulsory item. Must get? hot items
And to make it clear, can fuel regulator add more hp?
Or just to prevent any problem that will rise later
And or only to make your engine bay look nice (bling.bling)
Please describe?
Sorry for this basic questions, cos im newbie
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience