Sunday Uphill Breakfast Report: Ulu Yam - Goh Tong Jaya (UY-GTJ) 17 July 2011

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site

For most of us, Sundays would mean staying under the covers for extended sleep mileage. Waking up late would be the best tonic after a night of partying, plus being the perfect day to get some shut eye before the arrival of Monday blues.

Not for these gentlemen though (as well as a couple of accompanying significant others), as they voluntarily endured waking up in the early morning for a bout of roti telur at a place far uphill. One would wonder why go all the distance in the wee morning just for roti telur as the friendly neighbourhood mamak would also be delighted to whip up some without the extra fuel surcharge. To these men, the roti telur is just an excuse for them to put pedal to the metal and test their balls on the Ulu Yam - Goh Tong Jaya (UY-GTJ) touge route or at least enjoy a cool drive with their brethren of motorheads.

The UY-GTJ Touge​

These Sunday Uphill Breakfasts has become a staple of not only the Skyline Club members but also the RX-7 Club as well as other groups. It has been customary for these drives to include a mixture of cars from different makes as members would invite friends to enjoy the drive up GTJ. For me, these drives are a way to vent pent up stresses due to work and is the time that I could enjoy the thrill of driving. Today however, the Skyline Club was missing a couple of regulars most notably [PIMPIN], Loki and the Club Chairman himself BloodRed. Also missing is the fabled pocong reincarnated in a certain red Polo GTi which has made UY-GTJ his haunting ground. Fret not, this plucky Polo will return after getting a few upgrades (does 216whp sound good to you?). Fortunately the RX-7 Club as well as a couple of friends joined in for the fun drive.

The early comers at the rendezvous point

One bad ass looking BNR34 with a cool driver and pretty girlfriend

Monster waiting to play

Twin BNR32 all the way from Klang

The lead RX-7, a one mean green FD3S

Quite a crowd going uphill for breakfast​

We left quite late, at around 7.30am or so. Preferably, these Sunday Breakfast drives should depart from the rendezvous point by 6.45am to enable the drivers to enjoy the drive with a cool breeze as well as avoiding traffic that rapidly builds up after that. Luckily traffic was not all that bad, as we could still enjoy some good driving en route to the roti telur. Quite often we get to see a group of supercars that would also be going uphill albeit straight onwards to Genting rather than our usual breakfast spot but they seemed to be missing this time around. Also missing were the Lotuses and the usual array of superbikers (there were some superbikers but in a much smaller numbers than usual).

Early in the drive, a pack of 2 GT-Rs (one R33 and one R32) and 2 FD3Ss made their way in front of the rest. It was a superb drive though I sensed that due to the traffic we could have enjoyed the drive slightly more. Nevertheless the drive was awesome to say the least and good job to these drivers.

Chasing rotaries on a Sunday morning :love:

The podium finishers
(Please note that this was not a race! Racing on public roads is strictly frowned upon!)​

There are two stages to this UY-GTJ touge; the first stage is from the turn off towards the Batu Dam until the quaint village of Kampung Pasir (that would be the name of the village if I remembered correctly) while the second stage starts at the turn off towards GTJ itself. The first stage has fast corners and some hairpin (sort of) turns as well as two moderately long stretches. The second stage is fairly made up of corners with gradients that would need not only power but also finesse to enable drivers to fully enjoy it. The route is also fairly short but in my honest opinion would be perfect for a breakfast drive.

The early arrivals at the stop just before the breakfast point

Top Three Touge Kings

The rest caught up for a breather before onwards to roti telur

As the rest caught up, it looked like a used car auction​

As usual, we parked all of our precious lovelies in a large open carpark before indulging in roti telur. Funnily though, after all these drives, I've only tasted the roti telur once as I'd rather take a packet of nasi lemak to avoid the roti telur queue.

I'll leave dear readers with the rest of the photos courtesy of a fellow forummer, yeehau86 who with his friend wai88 drove all the way from Seremban in wai88's awesome ER34.

Till the next Sunday Uphill Breakfast, drive safe guys.. :top:

The breakfast crowd

The Green Berets, Nismo BNR32 and Touge King FD3S

BNR34, A31, BNR32, FD3S & HCR32

S13, BNR34, FD3S and two S15s

GTJ Touge Idol, the infamous Midnight Purple BCNR33!

Awesomely kitted ER34 all the way from Seremban! Thank you for coming! :top:

S15 Silvia tag team

Soon to be awesome on the drift scene near you

There's something about this BNR34 that makes it more awesome than the typical BNR34..

Nice Nismo LMGT-4s. Them brakes look much bigger than the standard BNR34 Brembos..

Can you see what makes this car special yet?

Have a good look here and tell me what you see.. :listen:

The youngest BNR32 in Malaysia that I know of. Look at that stock airbox and strut bar! Coolness~

Frog-eyed awesomeness!

The twin BNR32 from Klang again

Hoods up people!

Red is for prosperity

Gorgeous round taillights, signature of the Skylines

Awesome booties​

Please visit the Malaysian Skyline Club's Facebook page for more photos by clicking here.

Attachments

Last edited:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Damn it got this type of event no need sleep already la... Who wants to sleep late on sunday.... Good for skyline owners man... Envy...

rokok_sebatang

Known Member
Nov 24, 2007
Nice to meet u guys..hope can join again next time..here some yesterday's pics..sorry for low quality hp's camera..

Morning assembly at PETRONAS

Start to move.. :driver::driver:

FINALLY.. :smokin:

farique

500 RPM
Jan 22, 2005
Klang
Visit site
A single lug nut wheel. Nismo strut bar. 365mm brakes. RB26DETT Z2 block. Is that BNR34 a Z-Tune? Only 20 units made?
i dont quite think it is. Z-Tune is very rare. The brakes are silver coated rather than this one is more likely a unit from a R35 with gold color coated.

Err.. how do you know its a Z2 block anyway?

bangkai_jk

1,500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
m
A single lug nut wheel. Nismo strut bar. 365mm brakes. RB26DETT Z2 block. Is that BNR34 a Z-Tune? Only 20 units made?
Also its not a single lug, but single lug 'look' cap :)

Drool for the strut bar tho! When was the hood open and i didnt realise? :(

Last edited:

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
frootloop.wah, very the famous la nur spec.. wonder when can my "Jeneral" ( as nicked by bloodred) cant find the power to wake up on sunday morning..hahah

Last edited:

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Looks like straight from the brochure. But no, it's not a Z-Tune. Please kindly replace the letter Z with another one.. :biggrin:

i dont quite think it is. Z-Tune is very rare. The brakes are silver coated rather than this one is more likely a unit from a R35 with gold color coated.
Awesome observation mr dear Watson.. :top:

Also its not a single lug, but single lug 'look' cap :)

Drool for the strut bar tho! When was the hood open and i didnt realise? :(
Don't worry bro, I didn't have the chance to have a look too. Apparently the hood was opened as we went to get the roti telur. Then the owner left before we finished our breakfast.. Oh well, there's always a next time.. :biggrin:

That brake on the silver R34 looks like its taken from the R35.
Again, awesome observation my dear Watson.. :top:

frootloops

Known Member
May 28, 2009
nice pics and write up but i think it would be better if all number plates on all pics are blurred or covered

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there ,
This is the first time I post thread.......:)
Hope to gain some information from all car enthusiasts here/ senior
I knew a turbo kit is about 2500.
Then Including other necessary changes .....
My question is, what about the JPJ part ?????
Sure can isit , if i want to bold on turbo kit ?? Or any other problem ???

If I have the choice, MIVEC 1.6 better or Turbo KIt ??????

Please inform me every sifus and seniors. THANKS :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience