unstable streamxy?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

serge

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
-++PENANG++-
Visit site
Guys, i was wondering if ur streamxy is unstable, my msn keep on disconnecting by is own and i feel very laggy, feels slower then a 56K. Note : I am on a network sharing with 4 dudes <_< but when only one dude is dling stuff, i can't even browse, i am on 516K. and is there any program for me to reserve the network bandwidth for my own pc, i mean so everyone can get their fare share of the bandwidth, pls help :( :) :unsure:

donchichi

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Subang Jaya
Visit site
Bandwidth management is an expensive issue. :) Hardware costs a bomb tens of K's. There might be software solutions. How about your router? can it prioritize traffic?

Its just tough luck that someone hogs the bandwidth. But I think if you're downloading from like kazaa/emule etc.. you can limit the bandwidth speed that is if your buddies are willing.

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
you can buy 1 manage switch and cap them at 64kbits , 256kbits , 512kbits , 1mbps , 10mbps . manage switch doesn't come cheap , its an expensive stuff , but a good way to manage the bandwidth .

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
ive got a question too but not regarding the bandwidth prob..as for me, im using 384k the normal subcription one..this is my prob..why wenever after rain it is so damn diff to connect again..sumtimes it takes days to connect .. i faced this prob for quite some time oredi..unlike my other frens, after rain on it straight away connected without any probs..sigh..
anyone know wht is the prob and solution for it..damn bored man..paying the price of BEEMER but get a KANCIL instead..do u know wht i mean ?? heheh..
TQ

D3@dEv!L

Jun 18, 2004
Visit site
manage switch is too expensive~
so?start to check from your ISP 1st,streamyx direct to stand alone pc and try the speed.2nd only try to check all the client pc,check any worms or virus pumping traffic to your network or not.Because of that u will facing some slow traffic.

GSR5559
Check the telekom line frm outside and inside your house,Call 100 to solve this problem.They got 1 analyzer to check is the line is good condition or not.
=)

serge

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
-++PENANG++-
Visit site
thxs for the suggestions, i did make a few search on bandwidth management and found a few software but most of them is only for a 30day trial, lol, no free softwares. I am using a DLink router. Yea, i guess the easiest is to talk to the guys, and i heard bittorent reserves up the bandwidth, is tat true?. The line at my home is on for 24/7 but it is so goddamm laggy. Virus could be an issue too, i'll check with the guys. ;)

jiajia

Known Member
Nov 4, 2004
KL
Yea, streamx is updating i think. I stay in Cyberia in Cyberjaya. Mostly of the residents here uses StreamX, we got a letter a month ago that says that they are updating and might cause any inconvinience. Its lags this few days but when my housemate starts their massive dl for anime....wow....i rather sleep then :ph34r:
One of my fren told me to check the DSL light on the modem, if its not on then we should call TMnet.
Live long Tmnet~

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
GSR5559
Check the telekom line frm outside and inside your house,Call 100 to solve this problem.They got 1 analyzer to check is the line is good condition or not.
=)
thankz bro..i will do that whether the fon line is in good condition or not..cus its been awhile since started using streamyx..keep complaining non stop..i think they r bored of my voice oredi..

anyway i tot 100 is sumthin like operator to ask for fon number like 103 ??
care to share more!!
TQ bro.

Seraph

2,000 RPM
Jun 20, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
There is a company from Penang selling relatively cheap routers with load balancers. I went for an interview once but never took up the job. Anyway the cheapest is rm5000 :P

If you can tell me the s/w I think I can find the crack :lol:

DJmobile

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2003
i;m in JB..

i on the 512kpbs package for 88 monthly
issit true that from 1st november, i get free upgrade to 1Mp/s?

but i check from bandwith test at streamyx only 300plus only leh...

serge

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
-++PENANG++-
Visit site
rm 5000 is too much, lol, i betta have my own line if it cost me 5000bucks, lol.

1Mb/s is just a figure, but if ur gettin around 300 plus, me dono d, r u sharing the line or sumthing, it does get slow if ur on a network like me.

serge

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
-++PENANG++-
Visit site
dudes, i dono wats wrong, check this out.

sam9349

Nov 8, 2004
'Streamyx is having tech difficulties throughout the whole of peninsular malaysia throughout the whole month'. :blink:
That was what i was told by the streamyx guy on the phone.I had similiar probs,but they resolved it after a few days. Dial 1300-889-515.

While troubleshooting,i suggest bypassing router,straight line from phone jack to modem.Since u said ur lad's pcs are fine(did you say that?),if ur the only 1 lagging even if u tried bypassing router.Most probably kena virus.Try this then call. ;)

Seraph

2,000 RPM
Jun 20, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Originally posted by serge@Nov 11 2004, 02:21
rm 5000 is too much, lol, i betta have my own line if it cost me 5000bucks, lol.

1Mb/s is just a figure, but if ur gettin around 300 plus, me dono d, r u sharing the line or sumthing, it does get slow if ur on a network like me.
LOL bro :lol:

RM5000 is sort of the cheapest around for that kinda corporate router with load balancing. Home use don't think there is a need for it becoz you can hardly use up the whole bandwidth if you've got DSL higher than 128kps.

I got 3 machines. PC1 use to download four (2GB each) animes using bit torrent. PC2 and MAC1 no problem surfing. Even if I use PC1 to surf also no problem.

When downloading anime I don't see really any significant speed decrease, as even running 4 torrent's it can't eat up your whole up and down stream bandwidth.

Problem was PC1 doesn't have enough RAM to do everything so I surf on PC2 and there is a slight lag when I click a link but it loads at about the same speed as it would if I'm not downloading anything anyway.

So downloading anime doesn't eat up bandwidth alot for me, probably use up my whole bandwidth. :lol:

I think mine is faster than Streamyx 512kps, two months back I went to upgrade to 512 during Merdeka Promo. But now when I check speed its always over 512, either 600-800 plus.

melnikor

Known Member
Dec 31, 2003
kl - kb - kl
Visit site
Originally posted by Seraph@Nov 15 2004, 21:09

I think mine is faster than Streamyx 512kps, two months back I went to upgrade to 512 during Merdeka Promo. But now when I check speed its always over 512, either 600-800 plus.
dude ..recheck ur package lar .....

cause now if not mistaken no more 512 lor ....

the 512 already upgrade to 1mb ......

try to ask ur reseller or kedai telekom

http://www.tm.net.my/html/htm/product_streamyx/packages.htm

i think ur's upgrade to 1mb liao lor ....

Seraph

2,000 RPM
Jun 20, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
And I thought my increased speed was due to my shiny new router :lol:
Wasn't sure they upgrade my area coz my place always slow to get the latest telephony stuff coz our whole area is fibre-op the telekom guy said only if got demand they will install the equipment :(

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

牙箱响!!

my Gear box will glak glak glak!! while i stop my car, and become loud when i drive....
what the problem that???
点算好??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience