iswara car timing unstable, PRess clutch timing stays high. WHY?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Hi to all masters and sifu's out there,

I have a 7 year old iswara 1.5s Manual iswara. This car has served me well and has been running good.

As i started doing some freelance work it required me to travel up to 150km a day. Petrol was a killer thus i changed to NGV. It has been great using ngv. Recently i also added Power Steering set as my car came without it to make travelling and PARKING a piece of cake. Since i installed power for god knows what reasons my car has been giving problems which i have solved and left with only one.

PROBLEM:

My car has not been started or used with petrol for over 5 months and when i tried using it recently there has been unstable movement on my rpm meter. It was also hard to start with gas or petrol recenly so i changed my spark plugs now its better.

The unstable movement of timing when using petrol is bothering me. When driving with petrol i also relize that the rpm tends to stay high and not drop when i press clutch and causes car to jerk due to the rpm i guess

I have been reading the problem can be due to broken air filter box? Mine is lil cacat as well...Will changing this solve the problem?

Another thing unstable rpm does not occur when using NGV . Timing and car runs fine on NGV but not when using Petrol. There is also little pinking sound from engine when using petrol but not when using NGV.

Also any idea how to make my ride quiet ?

I drive alot and will like to have a problem free car.

Guys im just a student in local university and running on tight budget any way anyone here can suggest reasonable way to fix my car? Not cheap work but reasonable which will fix my problem..

I will really appreciate it.

Sorry for the long essay above.

Thank you

since ur car runs well with ngv, why switch back to petrol??... because petrol price turun harga??..
laugh.gif

unstable idling could be caused by wrong ignition timing... ngv has vr high octane rating... hence, ur ngv installer could had adjusted the timing a little bit higher than normal petrol engine... and when u switch back to petrol, the timing is too high for lower ron octane petrol usage... u also mentioned pinging sound coming from engine... means ur igntion timing is pretty high... continue usage of over advanced ignition timing can cause serious damage to ur engine....

broken airbox would not cause any problem... u can even open up ur whole filter box and run without filter.... its about ur car timing... (more than jz idling rpm)....

all u need to do is jz adjust the distributor there... clockwise for advance... anti clockwise for retard... if u wanna diy, good luck... if not, jz send to mechanic and ask them to retune the ignition timing... wont cost u more than 20bucks....

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom