Triniti Friction Disc

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
I have finally replaced my worn out stock GTi clutch disc and cover. I am now using Triniti Cera-metallic friction disc matched with MMC clutch cover.

The result is a damn light pedal pressure with adequate grip clutch system, definitely better than my old stock clutch system.

Why not Exedy? Well the obvious reason is that driving a car with a racing clutch cover is not practical in the city with the constant traffic jams. I have friends who are using Exedy clutch cover who have oversized left calf and thigh mucles...look very odd lah :lol:

So if anyone is interested to have a test, let me know.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
bro let me know where u got it from..
might need it soon..
if u getting direct from triniti then its ok.. other ways u got it ? then let me know..

Dremel

1,000 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Ampng Nrdschlff
Visit site
initialD

your cerra metallic got sound or not?

me got aaa... quite noisy too.. but pedal feel is ok lah.. soft as usual..

the grip.. no need to tell lah.. everyone said bout it already.. hehe

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
dremel, is ur disc springless type? if it is then thats why got noise... my kevlar one oso got noise

Dremel

1,000 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Ampng Nrdschlff
Visit site
yalor.. no springs at all.. mine as below

ooh so... triniti got models that equipped with springs ka?

coz, stanley told me that kevlar type won't produce sound..
since you have said it, now i know la, it's all because of the damping spring

so dolly, how's yours? do you feel ok when driving in the traffic jam?
i'm talking about the sounds only.. not very comfortable, have to
rev higher to avoid those sound. In normal traffic jam still ok..
but if it's extremely congested, i'm afraid that i'll bang the car in the
front lar.. hehehe

anyway the pedal feel is ok la.. like stock only.. BUT the grip is damnn superb!!!
really satisfied

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
Originally posted by InitialD@Dec 4 2004, 15:20
I have finally replaced my worn out stock GTi clutch disc and cover. I am now using Triniti Cera-metallic friction disc matched with MMC clutch cover.

The result is a damn light pedal pressure with adequate grip clutch system, definitely better than my old stock clutch system.

Why not Exedy? Well the obvious reason is that driving a car with a racing clutch cover is not practical in the city with the constant traffic jams. I have friends who are using Exedy clutch cover who have oversized left calf and thigh mucles...look very odd lah :lol:

So if anyone is interested to have a test, let me know.
Hello InitialD, I am planning to buy the triniti cera metallic clutch plate for my Kancil, could I take alook at your car and test it out a little first? I would really appreciate that coz clutch is quite expensive and I don't wanna make the wrong choice. Hope you could help me here bro.

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
mine got no sounds at lowspeeds or when pushing it, only got sound at 4th gear when i let go the accelerator... its like something grinding or something... no other sounds at other gears tho

mine in traffic jam its like stock clutch... pedal feel feels like stock, just dun let go the clutch too much and too fast lar haha wont bang one

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Guys, I think Dolly is correct. The sound occur when you are moving off very very slowly or when you are balancing it..say on the hill. At first I thot something wrong somewhere...I guess that is due to the fact that it doesn't have the springs like a normal stock clutch.

The type of construction for Triniti Friction Disc is called the Solid Hub Clutch Disc while the normal organic stock clucth with the spring is called the Sprung Hub Clutch Disc.

One way to reduce that chattering sound is to rev higher a bit and delay the release of the clutch pedal a bit.... or whatever method that works.

Anyway, I am getting use to it now.

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Guys, maybe we can meet up at the next TT session and exchange opinions and test out my Triniti.

regards
Dennis

Dremel

1,000 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Ampng Nrdschlff
Visit site
i'm referring to Dolly's case, the sound only comes sound when
he's in 4th gear.. other gear is ok right?

mine is only 1st gear, 2nd gear sometimes

but i heard some triniti user were saying that their triniti clutch
got no sound at all

voltron

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
initialD
i need to know how much u bought urs plus installation, pls reply or pm me better.
thanks

im driving a gti.

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
dremel, you never had the sound b4 you changed the friction disc?

wildboar

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2004
Penang
Visit site
InitialD, how much did it cost u for the cera metallic disk?? how about for the kevlar??

i think stanley_iga started a thread abt triniti clutches sumtime ago...but i cant remember already...wats the price different between the cera metallic & kevlar?? for gsr..

n wats their difference?? as in how long they last n how they 'feel'?

jzhost

Known Member
Sep 8, 2004
huh... too bad, i bought exedy semi race for my mivec stock last month...

very sucks on every traffic jam...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just wonder it's there any problem if convert from 4G15 (AUTO) to 4G91 (MANUAL)? Would this modification pass JPJ?

How much does it cost if done by self or runner?

Please advise~~ :secret:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience