Sureshwaren Confirms Return to Formula Two for 2012

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

AFOS

Jul 19, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Indian racing driver Parthiva Sureshwaren today confirmed that he will return for a third season in the FIA Formula 2 Championship. The 2012 championship will offer a Williams F1 test drive for the 2012 champion, together with GP2 tests for the second and third placed drivers. In addition, Sureshwaren has also further strengthened his partnership with leading global telecom provider Lycamobile, who will continue to support him.

Sureshwaren, who will be the only Indian driver on the F2 grid this year, is keen to use his experience gained in the last two years to be a regular finisher in the points. Sureshwaren said, “I am really happy to return to Formula Two after gaining a lot of experience in the last couple of seasons. I feel confident heading into this season as I have a better understanding of the car and am better prepared for it. 2012 is an important year for me so will work hard to achieve the best possible result. My aim this season is to improve my overall performance by regularly finishing in the points and score some podium finishes.

“We will be going to some new circuits this year which is very exciting, especially the Hungaroring in Budapest. I have always been a big fan of this circuit and it will be great to drive an F2 car for the first time there. Most importantly I would like to thank my partner Lycamobile who is helping me make all of this possible” added Sureshwaren.

This year the FIA Formula Two Championship has announced a host of enhancements with most significant changes to the 2012-spec F2 car. The championship's expert engineers have developed a performance upgrade package which centres on new tyres Yokohama, as well as new carbon composite brakes that will see it lap around two seconds faster than the previous F2 machine.

Sureshwaren added, “From a driver's perspective all these enhancements will definitely improve the performance of the F2 car and make it even more exciting for the motorsport fans. The Yokohoma tyres will be a great addition to the championship and will put all drivers on a level playing field. I am confident that we will have another competitive season this time around.”

Jonathan Palmer, Formula Two Chief Executive, added: “I'm delighted Parthiva is back in F2 this year. He had some very strong performances last season, including a superb drive at Brands Hatch in race two where he made up eight places from 19th on the grid, and I’m quite sure he will build on his experiences in 2012. He’s certainly capable of scoring frequently and securing his maiden podium.”

The Chennai-born driver joined F2 in 2010, and after a solid start at Silverstone and Marrakech he scored his best result of the year at Monza, finishing 10th in race two to earn his maiden points finish. He went on to challenge for the points on several other occasions, notably finishing 12th at Zolder and 11th at Portimão.

The 2012 Formula Two season will also feature an F1-circuit dominated calendar visiting eight different circuits (16 races) including legendary tracks such as Silverstone in England, Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium, Italy's Monza and, for the first time, the Hungaroring near Budapest.

Prepared by Adrenna Communications for Home - Parthiva Sureshwaren

Attachments

A Post Every 5 Mins

Hi All,

Today I bring to you not a detailing journey of mine but a recent DIY that I did for my wife's Myvi. Car has been driven around for 7 years and it is giving out this "kluk kluk" sound on any uneven roads. That sound annoys me and after much research (not really, just a few read up), and it seems to point to the absorber mounts being worn out. So...... since I am taking out the mounts, might as well change the absorbers as well. More to be told at the end of this journey...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience