Lamborghini confirms production of four-door supercar

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

According to reports online, Lamborghini has confirmed its intentions to build a four-door supercar, seen here as the Estoque concept that was shown at the 2008 Paris Motor Show.

Lamborghini CEO Stephan Winkelmann told US reporters that "a third model would fit Lamborghini very well", and "four-door car would be a very feasible approach".

This is not the first time that Lamborghini has spoken about its desire to build the Estoque, but the idea was shelved last year due to the global financial crisis, but now it may be revised to help Lamborghini's falling sales.

First half sales this year were down 18 per cent on 2009. Winkelmann said a third model would need to provide “a real leap” in sales.

Source: Autocar

Attachments

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
now every supercarmaker wants to share a little piece of 4door supersaloon market...

MaRvyn

Known Member
Nov 9, 2007
www.vixiousworks.com
Honestly, this is a sign that Lambo just killed itself. Sad.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
Honestly, this is a sign that Lambo just killed itself. Sad.

the success of Porsche cayenne & to some extend their Panamera showed niche supercars makers can milk it. even Maserati Quattroporte (sharing ferrari engine) showed there is luxury 4door that has the wealthy willing to buy

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
porsche done well on its panamera... we''ll see about this.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
something the super rich will use when travelling outstation with their family...a very small niche but a niche none the matter.

Gen2R3

Known Member
Oct 20, 2007
Petaling Jaya
Looks good to me.. Looks cool to me.. and design looks great to me.. ;-)
Can compete with Porsche Panamera and Maserati Q.. :driver:

Gen2R3 :burnout:

MaRvyn

Known Member
Nov 9, 2007
www.vixiousworks.com
the success of Porsche cayenne & to some extend their Panamera showed niche supercars makers can milk it. even Maserati Quattroporte (sharing ferrari engine) showed there is luxury 4door that has the wealthy willing to buy
Bro, I totally understand what you mean. Making money is one thing but we're talking about 'Raging Bulls' here... not 'Pregnant Bulls'... you know what I mean...

Frankly speaking, Porsche, Aston Martin & Maserati would do great with their super saloon because their mostly FR layout, so they done looked weird with 4-doors. But not Ferrari and Lamborghini. Ferrari and Lambo are the Icon of Super Exotic Mid-engine cars.. I just can't believe Lambo would sacrificed their true image. :banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi peeps, im new here =D, i wanna ask how much would it cost if i change the trans from auto to manual as said in the title? and is there any side effects? thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience