Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

Strobes.. those who have it

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Jackie Leong

1,000 RPM
Hey guys/gals..

i'm kinda wondering for those of you who have strobes installed on your ride, i'm curious how often do you turn them on? when and why? did you come across problems with them..? (in terms of : authorities, people's response, etc)

cheers!

Hardly use... unless for major gathering with mag photographers.

i on them to show my friends.

i was thinking of getting strobes tho my everyday ride is totally N/A kelisa...i think i'll use it to flash off thos buggers driving like grandma on the fast lane and wont wanna give way no matter how many times we flash them....if someone do that to me,..i'll be thinking its a cop...haha

cheers,
daniel

i think u need those strobes that really bright so that u can flash them from behind... cheap cheap ones selling in brother's are jz for looks... they dont flash vr bright....

I dont get people who turn them on 24/7. Once I saw this Mazda lantis using them as headlights when in a traffic jam, not cool at all.
What are they thinking?

I know people who only use them when crusing at... err... crazy speeds, though.

Well.. I've seen a dozen cars that drive with it on. It's moronic and it's so bloody annoying. I hope their strobes burn out in 2 days.

To those who drive with strobes on : YOU'RE A TOTAL IMBECILE!

SkYwAlKeR said:
i think u need those strobes that really bright so that u can flash them from behind... cheap cheap ones selling in brother's are jz for looks... they dont flash vr bright....

Skywalker, can you advise the price range of better quality strobe lights?
RM100 consider cheap or ok 1 ?

there is also some seller sellin in the ZTH for below RM50 so jus wondering how about the quality and brightness ! waranty is a saparate issue !
thanks

i had a short sprint yesterday actually, so i just turn it on.. (the other side of the road with traffic congestion, i noticed 2 other cars that had them on) however, as i turn out to the residential area, i did not shut it off.. then all of a sudden, met a crazy-ass man that suddenly turn into a road bully.. reversed, made a u-turn and chased after me o.O he looks as though he's going to kill me or something.. :confused_smile:

Jackie Leong said:
i had a short sprint yesterday actually, so i just turn it on.. (the other side of the road with traffic congestion, i noticed 2 other cars that had them on) however, as i turn out to the residential area, i did not shut it off.. then all of a sudden, met a crazy-ass man that suddenly turn into a road bully.. reversed, made a u-turn and chased after me o.O he looks as though he's going to kill me or something.. :confused_smile:

Are you really that attractive?

Are the strobe lights mounted on the car rood like police car or the strobe lights installed within the car headlight -something like the F1 safety car used to have?

Jackie, are you the Black Accent with Stobe light at TTDI that night... hmm, i wonder.

I use to turn them on once in awhile juz for fun while cruising..so far so good..police see also din say anything..I felt that older people have complains to it while the younger generations tend to like it..Juz like my dad..:retarded:

true true...basically its more to car exibitions and shows...not for road use..

no point wor...

Aprt from being seen as unique using strobe lights, the lights can be confusing and distracting in someway.

Imagine if one is tailgating with Strobe s from ur back while u r on the road at night - you can be confused (even shocked) with it either thinking it was a cop car, ambulance or some wannabes who just dying for attention....

Here's a senario:
Have you guys ever seen car with a strobe mounted on the roof of a car? from far it looked like a cop car. Then, when it comes closer to you- it turned out to be a scout car/safety car for heavily laden truck en route.
Then would you say "What the &*^* is that car doing with the strobes.?!" after seeing that car?

Top Bottom