Steering Wheel Vibrate When Cruising Above 100km/h

zLWinter

Apr 16, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys, i would like to seek for helps & opinion :banghead:

When i drive above 100km/h above the steering wheel keep vibrate, the vibration even worst when i step more on the pedal.

Car : Myvi 2011 model with 15' aftermarket rim ( SSR @ made in china or taiwan i guess ) with continental cc5 195/55/15

What i did :

On wheel & off wheel balancing = DONE ( already went to 4 different tyre shop with " timbang kuda " )

Alightment = DONE

Tyre = Check no problem, no swollen, all round.

Tie road = Check no problem

Steering rod = Check no problem

Engine mounting = check no problem

Disc rotor = previous using stock caliper & stock rotor also vibrate, now upgraded to honda ra1 caliper & rotor still the same

Rim = Check no problem, no dent & already fitted with center cone perfect fit.

Driveshaft = change 1 set left & right on march 2013, claim another new set left & right from workshop YESTERDAY 23/7/2013.

What the workshop foreman told me was it might be the driveshaft problem so he proceed for warranty claim as previously he gave me 1 year warranty, but after changing to another new driveshaft (left & right )vibration still the same :mad:

Now he suspect might be the driveshaft qualify bcoz it is not a OEM driveshaft from perodua, he ask me to top up a little bit of $ and go for the oem driveshaft IT MIGHT can solve my problem

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I would leave the mechanic and swap the tyres around. Front to back then see if the vibration feels different. I suspect uneven tyres.

Not typically visible and can only be felt and even then it's felt only by seasoned hands

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I had the same situation last time while i need to fill high air pressure for daily max load (230kpa front, 215kpa rear) we have bouncy tires with more air inside >_< but it fixed after reducing back to 200-190. Hope it helps with the easiest way.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
On wheel balancing done properly?
Base on what you have done above, probably you may need a center cone to centralized the wheel if this have not been done.

zLWinter

Apr 16, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Went to the same workshop again...This time they gave me another set of 15'inch rim and tyre, tested in on mrr2 just now. I would say vibration 70-80% reduce :driver: ( cause they jz simply did on wheel balancing )

Conclusion : Either is rim quality problem or tyre problem. Btw foreman already check the rim, no bent, no crack.

Change rim first or tyre 1st ? :confused:

kazukimy

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2006
KL/Pahang
devil-home.blogspot.com
on my situation, rims is the issue, where i need to go bck to the tyre shop, and he had to run 4times on wheel to finally get the mark spot on, as i bought the rims from them, hence they need to do it,wakaka

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Went to the same workshop again...This time they gave me another set of 15'inch rim and tyre, tested in on mrr2 just now. I would say vibration 70-80% reduce :driver: ( cause they jz simply did on wheel balancing )

Conclusion : Either is rim quality problem or tyre problem. Btw foreman already check the rim, no bent, no crack.

Replica has a weird weight on random sides. Different spokes with different weight too. A lot.
As so I heard.

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
tyre problem .. try swap rear to front ! had the same problem as well but just fixed it 2 days ago ..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

My question to you is have your rims been repaired before? Were the bought 2nd hand? If yes do you know the history of the rim? Some rims repair jobs are done meticulously well but they affect balancing hence causing the vibrations. Some are repairs a bit too out of proportion and all that good stuff.

If they were bought new then it's most likely one of the tyres that's out of balance or unevenly worn or worse - manufacturing defect.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Apologize for the thread.

Had been driving Civic FD for 5 years and decided to change. It had been months but I still can't decide between the W204 AMG and IS250. Pricing wise both bout the same but how bout the performance, comfort and maintainance? Any feedback highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience