Steering Wheel Vibrate When Cruising Above 100km/h

zLWinter

Apr 16, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
tyre problem .. try swap rear to front ! had the same problem as well but just fixed it 2 days ago ..
Already did X rotate, vibration still there.

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

My question to you is have your rims been repaired before? Were the bought 2nd hand? If yes do you know the history of the rim? Some rims repair jobs are done meticulously well but they affect balancing hence causing the vibrations. Some are repairs a bit too out of proportion and all that good stuff.

If they were bought new then it's most likely one of the tyres that's out of balance or unevenly worn or worse - manufacturing defect.
I bought it at rawang, new set of rim. I didn't send to any workshop to repair and already send to few workshop to check for bent / crack, everything ok.

Today i walk in to the same workshop again, change 2 pieces of new falken 912 & did on/off wheel balancing.

Result : Vibration still the same, so i would confirm is the rim problem. Maybe i kena conned by the rawang sales staff, it might be a refurbish rim and they re-sell it as a new rim.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Replica has a weird weight on random sides. Different spokes with different weight too. A lot.
As so I heard.

Ya, u are right. Previously i thought it was the tyre problem and i change 2 pieces of new tyre place in on the front to check for vibration. Sadly after i change the tyre and fiitted back to my rim the vibration still there. I would say it's the rim qualify problem.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

On October 7, 2009, MICHELIN launched its first global advertising campaign. The new campaign’s slogan – “The right tire changes everything” – is intended to illustrate the competitive advantages of MICHELIN tires in media outlets around the world.
In response to today’s increasingly competitive business environment, MICHELIN has decided to launch an unconventional global campaign to explain to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience