what makes brakes vibrate when braking?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

JDD218

i've an iswara which vibrates everytime i step on the brakes, this occur when braking at highspeed, when start braking like below 100km/h no vibrations. i've change the disc, drums, pads,front lower arms, all the front bushings n mountings n even the driveshafts and still got vibration when braking. does anyone experienced something like me? need comments from the experts out there.. please..:confused:

got skim ur disc brake or not??...

I having a iswara and facing this problem also. But solved it liao.. It happen with I upgraded to 15inch wheel.. When doing braking at 100kmh, you brake pedal will shaking a.k.a vibrating. So I bought my car to do skimming on the disc brake. After skim, problem solved edi..

it happens when yr disc brake was very hot n suddenly the brake splashed by water

that means yr rotor may change a bit shape till not straight at all

if u happen to b this kinda problem
u might need to change rotors o bring to the mechanic to refine again back to straight

ICIC..... but if you travel at 120km/h also will vibrate... also the same thing??
but at <100km/h won't, quite smooth.

Last edited:
after skimmed, the prob will come back easily...

upgrade to carbon rotor or wat wat super tahan rotor.

rotor is made to worn out.... no any other things can change the fact...hahahaha.....

no lah, normally driving cars only need to replace their rotor after 120k or 140k of mileage... thats can b take 6 yrs & above....

if u loves to genting every weekend, mayb a few month later, u need a new rotor instead of pad.....hahaha...

rotor quite tahan if dont use the makan rotor kind of brake too.
my rotor also macam wave. then i skim it a lot. now better.
when talking about car, everything is $$.

i just change to some better rotor, 1 time of pain, can ease lot of pain in future... hahahaha...

wat rotor u are using? mind to share the name and cost.
by the way u havent tell us wat honda u driving lar bro.
b16a? b16b? b18c?

wat rotor u are using? mind to share the name and cost.
by the way u havent tell us wat honda u driving lar bro.
b16a? b16b? b18c?

not of the above...:smokin:

i dun drive honda la....:rofl:

ICIC..... but if you travel at 120km/h also will vibrate... also the same thing??
but at <100km/h won't, quite smooth.
if u didnt step on the brake also vibrate means ur wheel balacing out adi lor... go and do wheel allignment and wheel balancing...

wah that means annually we gotta foot for the rotors... wah money again......
noler... rotor/disc wont wear n tear that fast... dont worry...

no lah, normally driving cars only need to replace their rotor after 120k or 140k of mileage... thats can b take 6 yrs & above....

if u loves to genting every weekend, mayb a few month later, u need a new rotor instead of pad.....hahaha...
bro, u use what brake pad??... eats ur disc so much??...

i just change to some better rotor, 1 time of pain, can ease lot of pain in future... hahahaha...

endless...

thanks for the advice u guys, i think the tough layer of the rotor is gone after skimming, so it is easily bengkok again. after skimming need to harden again.

thanks for the advice u guys, i think the tough layer of the rotor is gone after skimming, so it is easily bengkok again. after skimming need to harden again.

harden? how do u harden it?
after skim replace with new brake pad then settle. no need harden or watever. maybe u need to flush out the old brake oil if it is dirty.

harden it??... u do forged disc brakes one ahh??...
shocking.gif

Suggested post every 5mins

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom