Risk of losing more instead of gaining more...

LemonRuski

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
KL
Would I run a risk of such a thing happening?
My car is a 1.6 automatic.
And so far, I have changed my extractor. Low-end , mid and high-end power has improved, according to what I feel.

Everything else is still stock, in terms of the exhaust system.

So is it advisable to just STOP modifying my exhaust system now?
(new extractor + retain what the stock piping size, rear muffler and mid box)

or

Should I modify my piping (increase size), install bullet & mid box, and change rear muffler?

LemonRuski

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
KL
I'm scared that if i continue with exhaust mod, then i will end up losing what I have now,...instead of further improving it..

please advice and comment..

thank you !!

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
u have 3 choices now actually...

1) dont mod anymore, stick to wat you feel now about ur current setup, and continue feeling this way..

2) mod to a wrong setup (wrong piping size,etc.) n fark things up...

or

3) do some research around the forum (call or visit workshops to inquire) n find out the best exhaust setup for ur 1.6 wira automatic, n gain more performance...

its all up to urself really, simple as that...

LemonRuski

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
KL
business men being business men, when i call them to find out more / research, surely they will want me to buy stuff from their shop ....

will they be so honest as to tell me..."No, your current setup is fine. You don't need to do anymore modifications?"

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
LemonRuski said:
business men being business men, when i call them to find out more / research, surely they will want me to buy stuff from their shop ....

will they be so honest as to tell me..."No, your current setup is fine. You don't need to do anymore modifications?"
heheee.. of course la business men will be business men ... its up to u to listen or not only ma ... u listen ady, u can ask some ppl here about it ... n see wat ppl advise u with. then only u think about it la ... take ur time. some ZTH ppl are very helpful...

of course if u want more power, u'll need better (n correct) modding rite? if u mod correctly, u'll only gain, not loose.. (maybe some sacrifice on the FC side, but heck it)

i also dunno how to explain to u la ... we're not considered small kids anymore ady right if u wanna play with cars? so juz find out more before u think that "my current setup is fine, i don't need to do more modifications."

if u want to know what better mods can be done to your car, ZTH ppl sure can tell u ... but if u're starting this thread to be skeptical on ur view about businessmen's way in the car mod business, then u're better off not modding my fren... all im saying is, if u mod the right things, u'll only gain power (little by little)

juz my less than 1 cent advise, im just a noobie of noobie here. cheers! :regular_smile:

S.W.Yap

Known Member
Aug 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
If you still want to stick with auto gearbox , better maintain the stock muffler ,
that's is a bigger risk that you lose low end torque after changing to bigger
size muffler or piping .
If you have spare cash , can try to make a bigger piping to test , if not ok
than just put back the original pipe lah .

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
nitrus said:
u have 3 choices now actually...

1) dont mod anymore, stick to wat you feel now about ur current setup, and continue feeling this way..

2) mod to a wrong setup (wrong piping size,etc.) n fark things up...

or

3) do some research around the forum (call or visit workshops to inquire) n find out the best exhaust setup for ur 1.6 wira automatic, n gain more performance...

its all up to urself really, simple as that...
how u know is WIRA? hahahaha LemonRuski never mentioned it also....just said 1.6 Automatic

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
why not change to performance air filter first??.. this stuff no need headache... not like exhaust system so complicated... might give u some bhp gain and reduce ur FC... not sure what others feel la, but my car power increase abit while FC reduced abit after installing K&N filter...

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
yes,go with intake and exhuast at the same time.lets ur engine breathe better.u shud stop with ur exhaust mods.

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
nitrus said:
ehh.. tot i saw Wira .. ooooo 1.6 Kia Spectra! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
hahahaha i also feel weird.....people never mentioned is Wira how the hell u know is a Wira........hahahahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi y'all......

Im not sure if this kind of topics have been discussed before. I've tried to browse all the forums, but it seems that this site is too slow...

Ok. Straight to the point!...

If any one of you guys knows where can i install a device(?) that allows me to start my car engine with a remote? If yes, where is the best place? FYI, i'm in Cheras area.

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience