Car Auto Starter

barry_allen

May 14, 2006
Hi y'all......

Im not sure if this kind of topics have been discussed before. I've tried to browse all the forums, but it seems that this site is too slow...

Ok. Straight to the point!...

If any one of you guys knows where can i install a device(?) that allows me to start my car engine with a remote? If yes, where is the best place? FYI, i'm in Cheras area.

Thanks.

jack-jack

Known Member
May 10, 2006
lol i got 1 auto starter...but i'm in miri

bOnk

Known Member
Feb 17, 2006
hi,
acctually i don know where to install these remote thing you're asking for but i'd like to give my opinion on the device..
straight to da point, i don't think it's a good idea to do it because my old man, my father has used it, before some workshop guy told him not to use it cause it can cause fatalise of your engine.
i donno in which point it cud do the damage, so this is just my comment. no hard feelings

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
bro....usually comes with the alarm package....
so, go visit accessory shops.

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
viper offers a remote start module that is added on to a viper alarm. My fren also installed a remote start module once for his ori proton wira alarm. Range is as OEM alarm and it uses back the original alarm's remote. Price was about RM200 or something but i dunno where he did it...

as to whether the remote start would damage the engine and/or starter motor depends on how the remote start functions. Expensive viper remote start taps the car's RPM cable so that when the engine starts up, the remote start would stop cranking the engine. My fren's remote start worked on a timer basis in cranking the engine, eg crank the engine for 0.8 sec etc. This kind of timer based remote starter is kinda risky coz it might still crank the engine even though engine started.

Last edited:

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
barry_allen said:
well...

viper is the brand, right?

Thanks y'all!!
ops.. think i confused u... viper remote start used only for viper alarms...

my fren's wan was another brand which i dunno wat it was...

Lambert

Known Member
Sep 18, 2005
Seremban
have to choose expert ppl to install it, else wont run de. very complicated things, normal accessory shop cannot do de.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
if normal proton car, shudn't be a problem for accessory shop.
But cars that they seldom see....like mine; i rather not let them install anything regarding tapping of ECUs or touching electronics.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

So you happen to get stuck with a total combined power of 1081bhp from an English and a German marque; both drop tops, a wet English track and a camera crew. Take it sideways and see what sort of lap times they produce. That’s what Tiff Needell did with an Aston Martin DBS Volante and a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster.

<!--more-->It’s always fun to watch...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience