Risk of losing more instead of gaining more...

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
thought i saw wira ma, must be becoz i was reading two threads at same time, waahahahahaaa! :biggrin:

LemonRuski

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
KL
hahaha....air filter, have modified to K&N drop in.

like i said...so far only extractor has been changed to 4-2-1 (hotbits)

So hor, you guys DON'T recommend that I change my exhaust piping size..rite?
Keep to the stock piping....

So for now, stop exhaust mod, ah?
bullet and etc..all dont need ...rite?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
if u happy with ur current setup, maintain it lor... if u hand itchy wanna mod, change to midbullet and remove the CAT... if hand vr itchy, change piping as well... and if ur hand vr vr itchy, change muffler as well....

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
Try finding some one who had mod their kia's b4.. because honestly i dun know many mechanics would have enough research with kia, most mods are done by trial an error....

Enslaved

Known Member
Jun 17, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Save ur money and buy another car that's manual and has power from the fctory like a sgti or putra or civic si...then u will gain more satisfaction from modding those cars : )

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
my extractor is still stock 4-1...for top end...if wanna have low to mid torque is better if i change to 4-2-1 rite..? powerzone seems overated...how is hotbits?any other?
im driving a 1.5 manual...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
My Theory

Well, i have noticed the current Toyota vehicles has a special exhaust setup for most of their AT cars.

Take example Camry 2.4
What they do is the piping dia. after the header is large (eg.3.5") then the piping dia. after the CAT is smaller (eg. 3") and the piping dia. after the center bullet is even smaller(eg. 2") straight to the rear muffler.

The theory that i get from what i see is that. They made the dia. after the header large is to allow the exhaust gas to exit the combustion chamber fast and the exhaust gas at this area is the hottest and the flow speed of the gas is the fastest.

Then after the CAT the piping dia. become smaller and smaller this is because exhaust gas give up their heat to the cooler surrounding (the atmosphere) when exhaust gas losses their heat, they losses their flow speed so to ensure a minimun drop in heat and flow speed the engineers shrink the piping dia. section by section. This forces the exhaust gas to be compress on each other thus increases the exhaust heat temp and increases the flow speed. This also creates a slight vacuum inside the exhaust system that helps pull all exhaust gas out from the combustion chamber asap.

The result they get is, a faster flowing of exhaust gas will give better and more powerful combustion as very less exhaust gas is left inside the combustion chamber.

Well, this is my theory lah but don't know to what extent it is correct. Its a good discussion though.

Enslaved

Known Member
Jun 17, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
In a way you could be correct but those cars are tuned for economy not power. Most articles written on exhaust flow and tuning are quite the opposite really, increase in diameter over sections AFTER the header, helps prevent backflow into the engine and thus making the engine work harder to push exhaust gases out. Less backpressure is good, don't be fooled into thinking back-pressure increases torque - i have never read an article which proves this is true : )

The idea is always to move exhaust gases out as fast as possible and backpressure is a definite power robber.

LemonRuski

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
KL
i've read the advise that you all have given me.
Looks like, muffler i will keep to the original one.
Might go for bullet and mid box modification.

Piping size wise, i'll keep to the original.

Is that right??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Last week two guys on a stupid kapchai met with an accident. Its not just a normal accident because my friend rammed their stupid bike and then then they fell into a drain. My friend rammed them on their left side so I guess their left leg must be crushed. My friend felt guilty about rammin into them. I told him "don't give a sh*t about these kind of people because they don't deserve to live, if they die let them die". After these two idiots fell into the drain, we never bothered to call for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience