Regarding insurance claim

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
Heres my little problem hope some one could tell me what to do...

last Christmas eve 2005 i was involve in a minor accident which i hit something, it was a slight dent on the guys car but as it was at night i just left without knowing that i hit something till I receive a letter from the police, so fine i made a police report myself and handed everything to my insurance agent.. I also paid a summon as i didn't report the accident within 24 hours.. So I admit i was at fault.. but after that i hear no news of the other party making a claim against me and I know that he had repair his car...

And this morning i receive a letter from my insurance company telling me that he has lodge a claim.... My question now is its freaking 1 year later that i receive this dem letter and the best part they said that i didn't inform them of an accident.. I freaking annoy at this point.. can anyone tell me what 2 do?

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
there's nothing else you can do in this case my friend.

in the 1st place the police could have given you 2 summons because
1. colliding into a 3rd party
2. did not lodge police report within 24 hours.

i believed what happened was the 3rd party had claimed against his insurance company for repair and the that insurance company had claimed against your insurance company.

this guideline is made by Bank Negara and was enforced since a decade ago.
its called OD KFK or Own Damage Knock-For-Knock.

OD KFK is like 3rd party insurance claim actually, only faster. the party at fault will lose his NCB.

what you should do?? avoid hitting other vehicle in future.

good luck to you! :D

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Dino@Casper said:
Heres my little problem hope some one could tell me what to do...

last Christmas eve 2005 i was involve in a minor accident which i hit something, it was a slight dent on the guys car but as it was at night i just left without knowing that i hit something till I receive a letter from the police, so fine i made a police report myself and handed everything to my insurance agent.. I also paid a summon as i didn't report the accident within 24 hours.. So I admit i was at fault.. but after that i hear no news of the other party making a claim against me and I know that he had repair his car...

And this morning i receive a letter from my insurance company telling me that he has lodge a claim.... My question now is its freaking 1 year later that i receive this dem letter and the best part they said that i didn't inform them of an accident.. I freaking annoy at this point.. can anyone tell me what 2 do?
hi,

u received a police letter coz u didnt report after u hit his car..consider case "langgar lari'

since u oledi lodged a police reports and submit a set of required document to the police.

the other party then will know ur car reg no, insurance company. which all these will helps him to proceed his car claim against u. it just a third party insurance claim. nobody will inform u coz both parties oledi lodged a police report.

by the way, u can tell them u didnt inform coz u didnt claim ur car. it just a minor accident and u didnt know bout this insurance thing.

just a small matter, gv them a call...can be settle. no worries dude

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The rare exotics............................ not just another raging bull but the rare 2 wheel drive raging bull..............truly a collectible piece

as most of the 4 wheels drive raging bull make driver easy and safe to handle but unlike this 2 wheel with this kind of power...the driver needs to tame the bull and not tame by the bull...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience