Rear disc brakes for Iswara

Kelis

Known Member
Jul 5, 2004
Penang
Hi to all sifus out here. Hope u guys can help me out with this. Which set of rear disc brakes are most suitable for an Iswara? VR4's? Any other suggestions?How about the price? Thanks in advance. :tee:

Last edited:

johnnygsr

Known Member
Dec 24, 2005
Kelis said:
Hi to all sifus out here. Hope u guys can help me out with this. Which set of rear disc brakes are most suitable for an Iswara? VR4's? Any other suggestions?How about the price? Thanks in advance. :tee:
All my iswara fren use Mitsubishi Mirage rear disc. It fit just nice. If not mistaken price is around RM500-600.

darahhitam

2,000 RPM
Oct 4, 2004
KL
www.cardomain.com
Go here:

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=3022

Long discussion on Saga/Iswara Rear Disk Brake Solutions.

Mirage is still the ONLY plug n play rear disk/caliper set for Saga/Iswara.

The rest require mods.

Typical market price -

Mirage - RM600-RM800
VR4 - RM350 - RM450
Supertouring RM400 - RM500

zakie

Known Member
Jul 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
:albertein
aLop geng....

u own an iswara standard or turbo?? if turbo i suggest the vR4 rear brakes.... but for standard better use the drums, better maa....

the right condition for braking sYstems is the front braking must be better than rear.... u know Y or not?? becoz aaa, if rear braking is much gripping than front aaa..... verY dangerous coz it wiLL make ur cars spin during the emergencY brake.... the rear brakes is onLy to support the front braking in order to stop ur moving vehicLe.

but nowadaYs aarrr ppL onLy wanna Looks prettY onLy their car....
so theY ignore the reaL usage of the rear brakes....... :secruity:

but its up 2 u Laaaa..... its ur moneY....... :rock:

:dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yah, if rear brakes more powerful, they will lock ur rear brakes (rear brakes tend to lock easily)... thus, this will lead u to a spin if not careful...
better get a front vr4 single/twinpot brakes, then only upgrade rear to disc brakes...

anyway, if ur car stock, jz get better brake pads can adi lo..

darahhitam

2,000 RPM
Oct 4, 2004
KL
www.cardomain.com
And if you need just adequate braking power, much better than stock, then there is NO NEED to change anything. Just the Brake Master/Servo Pump would suffice.

Kelis

Known Member
Jul 5, 2004
Penang
SkYwAlKeR said:
yah, if rear brakes more powerful, they will lock ur rear brakes (rear brakes tend to lock easily)... thus, this will lead u to a spin if not careful...
better get a front vr4 single/twinpot brakes, then only upgrade rear to disc brakes...

anyway, if ur car stock, jz get better brake pads can adi lo..
Agree with bro. Skywalker, just change to better brake pads will do, or u could go with bro. darahhitam's opinion, that is to change your brake servo to a bigger/better one.

Just my 2 cents... :)

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
put rear disc better...better heat dissipation...my car...using vr4 disc front and rear drum...brake very unbalanced...biased towards front...so its like rear without brake...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Doink said:
put rear disc better...better heat dissipation...my car...using vr4 disc front and rear drum...brake very unbalanced...biased towards front...so its like rear without brake...
means if upgrade, must upgrade both front and rear??

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site

standard iswara has disc for front and drum for rear...while using this standard settings,most of you guys i am sure will notice that the rear drum tends to lock easily...I nearly meet with accidents a few times...because the rear locks and the tire skids...which means no traction thus there is no brake...nearly met with accident 3 times...the front disc doesnt have much grip...
so the first step i did was to upgrade the master servo...this provided better braking power...means...i get better grip compared to earlier...but still it doesnt solve the rear drum locking up and losing traction...and the pedal feel is very hard due to the powerful vacuum of the bigger servo...
and then follows the next solution is to upgrade the front disc to a bigger brake pump...solution is to use VR4 single pot...which is very sufficient...so i get better grip at the brake in front and softer feel on the brake pedal...
there is one part...i need to change...the brake line divider on the firewall in the car...where the main brake fuel goes in from the master servo and 4 out to each brake pump at each wheel...changed to wira...which provided better 50:50 division...
now the last problem is sometimes the rear still can lock...intermiten...but mostly front will lock 1st when braking hard while driving fast...further plan to upgrade rear...then update you guys...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The 2016 Paris Auto Show is set to start on Sept 29, but Honda couldn't wait to unveil it. They've released the latest 2017 Civic hatchback, which will also be displayed at the said motor show. The UK-built Civic will be marketed to 70 countries across the globe, and has made American debut last month.

Although the Honda Civic Hatchback still...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience