Rear disc brake for hyundai getz, any sifu can help?

peterj

Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
refer to the heading above, i am searching rear disc brake for my getz, any sifu can help ? where can find it?? since i know getz do come with rear disc brake for certain model just that the model is not sale in Malaysia, any chop shop or spareparts shops have it? or got some other rear disc brake which can pnp to the car? ZTH sifu pls help...:adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

peterj

Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
no one can help??:bawling::bawling::confused:

nikolaiski

Nov 4, 2005
yo bro

I used to drive a 1.3A Getz. abt 7 years ago.

VERY hard to find something that can fit. However, last time my mechanic use the hubs and disc (front and rear) transplant from the old 2.2L Honda Odyssey..so become 5 hole lor.. Dunno how he do, but fit quite well and lasted quite long. You need to gantung your car at ur foreman for a while because he needs to redo the brake lines, servo master pump, knuckles, etc...

Transplant a 1.5 SOHC S-coupe enjin + GB, and then TD04L with E-Manage...not bad...0.8 bar got about 150 whp, can chase Colt Version R and terrorize Myvi with YRV turbo...hahaha

Heard got someone muat B16A inside...until today still dunno where the fella in JB :D

peterj

Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
can, but i see none of 1 matrix at my place having rear disc brake bro danz.....:bawling::banghead::driver:

peterj

Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
bro danz, that is why i searching for hyundai gets halfcut with rear disc brake, cause i saw the forum dy, they use diesel getz rear disc brake for it.... can find any matrix 1.8 rear disc brake on the market sifu danz??:confused::bawling:

haha....when i see yr thread sure got extreme mods wan....not all i can answer wan leh....
but y wanna make yourself pening to get those rear disc brakes for your getz...just get a pair of EBC brake shoes for the front enuf lor....should have enuf braking power....

but if u still insists of getting those rear disc brakes...i could ask around la.....1.8 matrix quite rare lor.....when i was selling hyundai cars last time....very seldom ppl buy 1.8......1 mth got 1-2 sales...per dealership.....

peterj

Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
haha, i actually searching for look and more efficient braking on my rear, i use bendix for my front, enough for my use, but rear seems abit no brake, everytime braking i feel my tail standing up... lolx.. maybe the drum shoe also worn out dy....

zuruzuruz

Nov 12, 2006
Ampang
maybe singapore got one...? better get the overseas' getz rear disc brake then.. safer n less headache cos almost pnp..

peterj

Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
but i am in malaysia, seldom go singapore le.........

zuruzuruz

Nov 12, 2006
Ampang
i think got some chop shop for korean cars import parts from singapore.. where do u live? maybe if i drop by to those chop shops, ill hv a look for u.. PM me ur no if interested.. :)

if yr car is stock...the ori brake should be good enuf...unless u r hardcore driver. hard to find leh, my HM car also getz...so far brake is good.....

artworkz

Jul 3, 2008
singapore have very less 1.8 matrix coz under 1.6 can get cheaper COE. matrix use 114.3 pcd/ get 100. i think u can search mazda to mod.

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

i oso want mod my fiesta rear drum to disc but the sensor issue. no 1 can gurantee the sensor can work or not

Just want to give everyone a word of advice on HID kits.
For those who hv fitted these kits, you might agree with me.

The Korean and Taiwanese kits are simply unreliable.
The bulbs hv a much shorter life compared to Phillips bulbs.
The kits are prone to imtermittent problems such as:

1. Once side refusing to light up.
2. Complete failure to light up
3. One side turning slightly yellowish and failing later on.

Pls stay away from SuperVision kits by Hokomoto. Lots and lots of...