question about weber carb and 4 throttle

b8t_ford

Known Member
Jan 1, 2006
hi guys, wanna to know about what is weber carb and what is 4 throttle?

i tot both things is the same just the name tak sama oli, but my fren told me that i am wrong. is not same.

so, nid to ask expert here about this. just wan to make it clear about this two things. pls give me more info about this. thanks 1st to u all.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
4 throttle is usually for efi engines... means each cylinder has its own intake system....

weber carb is a carburettor... there are other brand as well such as solex carb, mikuni carb, and aisan carb (4g13/4g15 oem carburettor)

some might relate a twin carb as something similar to 4 throttle for carbie engine...

b8t_ford

Known Member
Jan 1, 2006
ooo ...i see.

then if i wanna to mod weber carb into fuel injection engine. then my ECU nid to do modification also ? because weber carb is cheaper than 4 throttle ma, hehe.

actually i m interested to put weber carb into my old car but i less knowledge in this area. so nid to do survey and ask ask all sifu here about thier experience.

as i know that, my car's engine have two important sensor which is air flow sensor and throttle sensor. then question is if i put weber carb fix into my engine, izzit very hard to start engine or hard to tunning also ?

anyone experience b4? i nid this info seriously.cos goin to mod. hehe.
thanks sifu sifu here 1st

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
if change to weber carb, means convert ur car from efi to carburettor lor... ecu no need do adjustment, jz throw it away.... it is much more simple convert from efi to carbie...

but be reminded, twin carb fc gonna be heavy....

for more info about weber carb, join us at http://www.carbforum.cjb.net/

unknown1x

Known Member
Sep 26, 2006
yep.. if you wants to save youer fuel.. 4 throttle is ways a better choice since you are using efi now.. or just simple mod,noneed change to carb nor 4 throttle, get a piggybag computer then good enouigh already.. for the starts.

well efi usees computer to tune the a/f ration.. and.. webber uses.. your hand.. hahaha

if you wants to mod.. best is to let everyone knows about your ride / budget and what are the things you looking for.. then.. i believe there alot of sifoos here ready to give you more answers.. as from noobie like me... i would recommend

get a piggybag , then later change to 4 throttle if you can afford it, its easier compare to changing a webber in overall as..
1) performance carb its harder to find
2) carb tuning vs efi tuning, you using efi.. so.. its more easier if you remain efi
3) FC wise... efi car is better, and twin dcoe makan petrol

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
dude, 4 throttle also makan petrol kau kau

remember the golden rule: more power = more fuel

If you get a 4throttle you will have to obtain a piggyback computer cause of the massive air/fuel ration.

theorekz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
hiztorikal.c.t.
Visit site
i think the 4 throttle u mean is twin dcoe eh?? most ppl refer twin dcoe as 4 throttle.... which ITB engine has good fc? i think i never see 1.. hehe..

Last edited:

unknown1x

Known Member
Sep 26, 2006
theorekz, well thats a common mistake...

4 throttle =x= twin dcoe

well.. typically our engine inline 4 - so.. we have.. 4 cylinder, our stock one for carb 1.. 1 aisan carb... to manifold which split to 4 - thats why look like octopus ..
as for efi.. its 1 throttle, then.. also split to 4, so you see 4 lines something like that for the manifold for efi engine...

well.. in terms of concept of twin dcoe vs 4 throttle.. ..

dcoe got 2 lubang in and out, so.. its like... each dcoe pump to 2 cylinder..
while 4 throttle is.. each cylinder have their own throttlebody..

besides.. dcoe(webber) is carburator! and.. carburator.. dont need any ecu nor whatever computer chip.. its OLD SKOOL! but ROCKS! macam muscle car.. brutalforce.. mechanic tuning.. compare to...

4 throttle is efi, need ecu to tune. if you needf fit in one.have to get some safc or something i am not really sure (piggybag) to send to shop dyno and tune it for best effectiveness.. and.. you see toyota levin.. some have such setting.. more modern technologies..

if you wan see 4 throttle body engine.. go cari around this forum.. think have picture.. or.. go find chop shop.. visit visit.. sure can see one.. usually i see them in much of toyota levin.

^^

theorekz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
hiztorikal.c.t.
Visit site
haha.... i think u havent come across mech that says dcoe is 4 throttle.... u r right.. most ppl mistaken about that.. btw, the correct term for 4 throttle on toyota 4age is called "individual throttle body".. it can definitely more than 4.... and whether dcoe pumps 2 cylinder o not is depends on ur setting.... if 1 dcoe splits into a intake manifold with 6 outlets... i think it pumps more than 2 cylinder in ur engine... it runs on 2 venturi per dcoe... just like the dcnf...

in fact, twin dcoes can be considered as individual carb too as u can set each trumpet on the dcoe running on different a/f ratio n jetting... thus it is not easy to fine tune a dcoe... too many jets to be considered.. if u have 2 dcoe on a 4 pistons engine, u can call it the old-skool ITB.... this is how the itb is born... all from the concept of dcoe..

and is 'weber' not 'webber'..... :)

Last edited:

pcdr

Jan 4, 2007
lovely lovely

but wait till u try 4throttle wit secondary injectors for each cylinder.....wet ur pants for sure,i did wet my pants.....but lets not talk bout that

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
pcdr said:
lovely lovely

but wait till u try 4throttle wit secondary injectors for each cylinder.....wet ur pants for sure,i did wet my pants.....but lets not talk bout that
secondary injectors means bigger injectors??...

jombiee

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Ghombau
sky, its additional injector loh.

hey, dont forget the fuel injection kit for weber ha ha ! cost a bomb though.

unknown1x

Known Member
Sep 26, 2006
lol. sorry for my spelling error lah.. finger moves faster then brain.. lol
anyway. just curious about what you plan to mod? on what car/engine? for track use ar? or daily use. -__-

the thread starter macam sudah hilang only. hahah