Proton 4G13/4G15....Satria/Wira/Saga

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ezrider

Jun 14, 2006
KL
1.3 can got up to 170? what modifications did you all do? and what tyre size? as far as im concern a 1.3's limit is till 140 nee and max 150.
not much mod... read my earlier post. sometimes it's luck with the engine. my tyres were standard 175/70 R13. i think it be safer to keep to speed limits :p

oh ya. if yours is the newer CPU set (VDO?) (post-2002 model) then i think the speed is a bit cacat, i have a feeling there's a speed limited cos i can only reach 150 kmh now on my current ride.

Last edited:

X.O

Known Member
Aug 19, 2010
Penang
not much mod... read my earlier post. sometimes it's luck with the engine. my tyres were standard 175/70 R13. i think it be safer to keep to speed limits :p

oh ya. if yours is the newer CPU set (VDO?) (post-2002 model) then i think the speed is a bit cacat, i have a feeling there's a speed limited cos i can only reach 150 kmh now on my current ride.
yeah i read. mine is a 1.3 fuel injected satria like yr previous ride thats why i asked. And you were saying your tyres are standard? i thought the limit for yr tyres is only till a 140 or something liddat?

shadow2027

Aug 31, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Here's some facts from a sifu share with me last nite

STROKER KIT for 4G15 (RM 2000+-)
With proper tuning and modifications, able to produce 130bhp from this little 1.6 stroker kit upgrade, a very rough but durable engine.

4G92 (Sohc) RM3000+-
Stock condition is good and produce about 95bhp, with good torque and FC wise. After proper modification, able to output 160bhp after 2.0 stroker kit is installed.

BOT (Instant power) RM2000+-
This is the ultimate, BOT has no limit, so depending on how much u can afford, and the maximum cablity your engine can take, your boost has no limitation. But FC will be high.....Remember its RM2.70 now:biggrin:

G-Reddy Emanage Blue (RM900)
Forget about whatever engine first, this E-Manage, with proper 3D tuning through out the powerband range, a good tuner will do their best to balance out every RPM range, mapping the best balanced AirFuel Ratio, so your engine perform near to perfect condition, smooth, less stress.....That means more power, more FC saving and more accuraccy.

So, tk a calculator n figure out how u gonna spend for the mod, and the future maintenance factor.

IMHO, I'd get a 4G92 first, the stroke it to 2000cc, then get E-Manage, is a pretty good combination for a daily use car :burnout:

does 4g92(SOHC) = swapping engine? :adore::hmmmm:

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
does 4g92(SOHC) = swapping engine? :adore::hmmmm:
i think, absolutely yes..

4g92, 1.6 engine.. in my oppinion, if wana mod engine, wana feel power, better go for engine with 1.6 cc and above.. hehehe.. mine used 1.3 but eager to play wif 1.6, still need to do more works and big effort.. ahahhaaaa..

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
first big step is to swap to a 4g15 block, very good bang for the buck

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
wat do u mean, engine cc increase or power increase?

dusn't matter whether it's 4g13 or 4g15 head

xbalance2002

1,500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
guys wan to ask, a got friends say after install oil cooler some time the oil pressure will drop. how true is it? understand if drop it will harm the engine.... i was plan so cause most of the time travel outstation all the time ... feel the engine have alot of stress.

cowa

Sep 4, 2008
sifu's,
i have change my flywheel to lighten st and install 1.6 clutch set, however i felt that my car suffers drag while in gear 1,2 and 3, is it normal?
even after i've change the stroker kit to 1.6, the car still suffer drag in gear 1,2 &3.
to restore the problem, should i change the st to standard 1.3 or 1.5 flywheel and clutch set.

pls give some suggestion. TQ.

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
sifu's,
i have change my flywheel to lighten st and install 1.6 clutch set, however i felt that my car suffers drag while in gear 1,2 and 3, is it normal?
even after i've change the stroker kit to 1.6, the car still suffer drag in gear 1,2 &3.
to restore the problem, should i change the st to standard 1.3 or 1.5 flywheel and clutch set.

bro, wat do u mean by suffers drag?
coz think to change my flywheel too.. eheheee..
need your advice..

cowa

Sep 4, 2008
series5401,
during acceleration from 0 to 100 the car felt heavier compared using standard 1.3 clutch set and flywheel.
hovewer when the speed is above 100, the momentum to reach higher speed is much significant.

maybe, thats the pros and cons for having a larger flywheel and clutch.
the modification is more suitable for driver who prefer pick up and where they tends to revv their cars and spin2 their wheel,
since my driving style is more to shifting the gears when proper speed is acquired, the mod is not suitable to my style of driving.

so.. who wanna buy my st skim flywheel? hee

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
series5401,
during acceleration from 0 to 100 the car felt heavier compared using standard 1.3 clutch set and flywheel.
hovewer when the speed is above 100, the momentum to reach higher speed is much significant.

the modification is more suitable for driver who prefer pick up and where they tends to revv their cars and spin2 their wheel,
since my driving style is more to shifting the gears when proper speed is acquired, the mod is not suitable to my style of driving.

oke.. now i understand.. eheheheeee.. since that is the kes, so i think i would like to upgrade my clutch kit, not the flywheel.. tankiu bro..

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
btw, im wondering.. wats a stroker kit actually? wat bout 4g13 wif 1.5 or 1.6 stroker kit?
this one is 1.6 stroker kit... from 4g18 engine...

guys wan to ask, a got friends say after install oil cooler some time the oil pressure will drop. how true is it? understand if drop it will harm the engine.... i was plan so cause most of the time travel outstation all the time ... feel the engine have alot of stress.
yes... the oil needs to travel further into the cooler... a longer route will result in drop of oil pressure as oem oil pump is not strong enough...

most NA cars do not need oil cooler, unless if they run endurance race... yes, turbocharged engine recommended to have oil cooler...

or u mean ATF cooler??..

sifu's,

series5401,

how much u skimmed ur ST flywheel??...

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching

yes... the oil needs to travel further into the cooler... a longer route will result in drop of oil pressure as oem oil pump is not strong enough...

most NA cars do not need oil cooler, unless if they run endurance race... yes, turbocharged engine recommended to have oil cooler...

or u mean ATF cooler??..

tankiu.. later i check with my foreman bout my stroker kit..

alive88

Nov 24, 2007
1.3 can got up to 170? what modifications did you all do? and what tyre size? as far as im concern a 1.3's limit is till 140 nee and max 150.
yup..mine is Wira A/B 1.3GLi MMC factory standard, no modifications whatsoever.. tyre size is 15, 195/50..using enkei rs evo sport rim..

but i have another wira A/B 1.3GLi VDO, to reach 150kmh is like forever..

btw,

does anybody knows if there is any workshop in melaka who can do a custom cam pulley for 4g15?
coz after ive installed my jasma so called "hi-cam", my powerband shifted to the lower rpm..
Before using hi cam, i can rev freely and have power from 5k rpm until 7.2k rpm,:love:
after using it, now can only rev till 6.5, and the power can only be felt at 3k rpm until 6.2krpm..

after all, im a high rev type of guy:biggrin:
thanks in advance

cowa

Sep 4, 2008

or u mean ATF cooler??..

actually i dont know how much have the st been skimmed, since the pomen said that flywheel was alreadly being skimmed already by the factory.during that time still super fresh2 newbie about car..
maybe i need to recheck the st flywheel. tq. is 500g will be enough to get a lighter response for low and top ?
let say: if the skimming work correctly done , what was the feeling of the car compared to standard 1.3 flywheel and clutch set? ..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A couple weeks back we brought you an onboard video of Jeff Zwart's winning drive at the 2010 Pikes Peak International HillClimb. This time it's more of Jeff Zwart but with some interesting narrating and a bird's eye view on the powerful drive uphill. Definately one to watch in HD.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience