Proton 4G13/4G15....Satria/Wira/Saga

biz-da-tech

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2006
cause of too stiff. also cause of the spring rates but mostly people complain lo.

mine is very stiff so very bumppy slight a few hole in the road u will feel like riding horses but me and my wife are fine with that so im glad that i no need to change because of her hahaha~

joev8796

Known Member
Oct 23, 2008
haha, my dad is complainin bout car stiffness just now but my mum back me up although mine is da daily n onli car in my home.

my dad oso not hapi wit da ride height as every bump wil scratch my car, thn again my mum said it is becoz of illegal built speed bump tat below par means da height of da bumps is 2 high thn those local authorities stated, thn she went 2 complain bout da bump 2 da resident office

Wira_lover

Known Member
Jun 6, 2007
Easymustard,

in my opinion,Get the Exedy Semi Racing Clutch,at the same time lighten your flywheel.

Get a K& N Open Pod Filter.

Lighten Crank Pulley.

4-1 extractor/header.Hi Flow exhaust setup,if im not mistaken should be 1.8"..sifu's please correct me if im wrong.

Lightweight 15" rims

You should be able to see a decent amount of improvement for accelaration.In terms of handling,adjustables are still the best if you ask me,Tien yes,tends to be a lil too stiff even in the softest setting,however you can always opt for other brands, like cusco/hks available 2nd hand adjustables at Halfcut shops.

Can i know if youre using Wira SE or?What year is your Wira?Siemens Ecu? or Mitsubishi?

ettm_14

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
yeap i second lighten crank pulley, well can feel abit more pick up,

open pod must comes with heatshield if not you will have to suffer the consequence of hot air...

maybe you can try monroe sensatrac for suspension, pretty good i will say, cornering is ok and ride comfort not sacrificed!

maybe performance cam and adjustable cam pulley can come in later when you want more mid to high end power,

depends on your year of your car, maybe get a guang dao stabilizer/ spark earth, or hot inazma mr, all these are dyno proven device...( abit little pricey though) pivot spark earth rm180 and guang dao about Rm360!)

then when you are tired of all these mods, you can go serious with 1.6 stroker kit, port and polish and high cams!

just my humble opinion!

Bump: yeap i second lighten crank pulley, well can feel abit more pick up,

open pod must comes with heatshield if not you will have to suffer the consequence of hot air...

maybe you can try monroe sensatrac for suspension, pretty good i will say, cornering is ok and ride comfort not sacrificed!

maybe performance cam and adjustable cam pulley can come in later when you want more mid to high end power,

depends on your year of your car, maybe get a guang dao stabilizer/ spark earth, or hot inazma mr, all these are dyno proven device...( abit little pricey though) pivot spark earth rm180 and guang dao about Rm360!)

then when you are tired of all these mods, you can go serious with 1.6 stroker kit, port and polish and high cams!

just my humble opinion!

Bump: yeap i second lighten crank pulley, well can feel abit more pick up,

just my humble opinion!

easymustard

May 11, 2009
thats a nice explainaton.thx a lot.well im driving wira saloon,2007 :itsme: lol stock to the top.i've done my exhaust.but,the top speed i can reach only 160kmh.used to be higher than that before.im getting a new open pod a.filtr, but dont know which brand is better.now i will opt for K&N.i dont know a lot bout engine,but maybe i'll go for clutch first.can i use the exedy racing clutch?or just semi racing?because im not sure the racing one can fit into 4g15 or not.tq.

biz-da-tech

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2006
if not mistaken exedy only have 1 type for 4g13/15 and also is only semi racing clutch only.

meltan7

500 RPM
Feb 3, 2006
Kelana Jaya
since your car is a 2007 model, it should be running on siemens ECU. you could try the basic mods such as air intake and exhaust system. that should free up some ponies for you. but due to the "uniqueness" of the siemens ECU, any major mods will not benefit as much.

for now, just stick to the basic mods. later on, when you start to itch, and want more power. go for high degree cams, PnP, oversized pistons and so forth. you will also need a piggyback/standalone ECU to accommodate all that power.

so be wise, and plan out your mods carefully.

cheers!

afmarsyal

Known Member
Nov 20, 2008
210cc injectors in 1.5 engine sure running rich lo... i running 1.6 with perdana sei throttle body, using 210cc also AF mixture rich... for ur application, 182cc injectors will be enough (or even abit overkill)....

as for the TPS, i not vr sure as i still finding it out myself... how many pin-out does 1.5 TPS and 1.6 TPS has anyway??...

sparkplug color should be brownish in color... white means running lean... black means rich mixture....

so, can u rephrase ur question??...
that's why i'm fooling around with the tps seting..which i learn that for greater torque retard it (anticlockwise) and fuel consumption quite high but petrol smell very less, and advancing (clockwise) it fuel consumption improve but petrol smell very significant..we can advance it to only certain extent just before the butterfly valve opens, when it opens timing will shoot to 1+++ rpm..car accelerate smoother without much torque..next i'll check the spark plug..thanx for the info..1.5/1.6 tps is very identical and oso have same number of pins..now i'm using an original apm made tps instead of recond tps which come with the 1.6 tb..thanx bro:cheers:

Last edited:

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
thats a nice explainaton.thx a lot.well im driving wira saloon,2007 :itsme: lol stock to the top.i've done my exhaust.but,the top speed i can reach only 160kmh.used to be higher than that before.im getting a new open pod a.filtr, but dont know which brand is better.now i will opt for K&N.i dont know a lot bout engine,but maybe i'll go for clutch first.can i use the exedy racing clutch?or just semi racing?because im not sure the racing one can fit into 4g15 or not.tq.

ur current clutch will still handle the power output of ur engine well, money is better spent at other stuffs rather than the exedy 4g13/15 racing clutch, can save money that way

Bump:

ur current clutch will still handle the power output of ur engine well, money is better spent at other stuffs rather than the exedy 4g13/15 racing clutch, can save money that way

ettm_14

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
but i thought vdo are self learning ecu?

however maybe tofu is correct, spend your monies on something else first, maybe not on clutch...

K&N open pod should be in the region of RM320 without the ram pipe

ram pipe normally cost around RM60-70 depending on quality!

yah dont speed so fast on kota bahru roads, small kids run across the road like nobody's business:thefinger:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
that's why i'm fooling around with the tps seting..which i learn that for greater torque retard it (anticlockwise) and fuel consumption quite high but petrol smell very less, and advancing (clockwise) it fuel consumption improve but petrol smell very significant..we can advance it to only certain extent just before the butterfly valve opens, when it opens timing will shoot to 1+++ rpm..car accelerate smoother without much torque..next i'll check the spark plug..thanx for the info..1.5/1.6 tps is very identical and oso have same number of pins..now i'm using an original apm made tps instead of recond tps which come with the 1.6 tb..thanx bro:cheers:
i thought advancing it gives higher fuel consumption??...

sifoo.... i can smell my clutch burning after coming back from kl-melaka.... smells similar to burnt brakes...

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
i got a piece of K&N drop in filter (Wira/waja) for sale.. helping fren to sell.. condition is like new.. letting go at RM180 only.

anyone interested pls contact me 012-270 8685 (Guan)

1st come 1st serve.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys.
My ride is a wira SE (manual). I notice that my steering wheel vibrates quite alot when idling. The dashboard all ok..nvr vibrate..only the steering vibrates quite a lot. I have changed my front and rear bush to superpro. Even the steering rack bush is superpro. I actually chamged it hoping it will solve the problem but it didnt. What could possibly be the cause of this vibration?

---------- Post added at 04:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit -...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience