Preve having problem uphill over 30% gradient?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ok I found out more info about this particular issue indirectly from the owners mouth :

1. The owner refused to use handbrake in stop-start condition. Owner claims he's never driven a manual in his entire life and doesn't understand why he needs the handbrake.

2. The Punch gearbox has a safety mechanism when the clutch slips too much due to over stressing it or something and it cuts off the engine when that happens. On hindsight the Punch engineers probably should have considered that possibility when implementing the system.

3. The Punch engineers are a arrogant bunch of people who'll bring out clause 4.1 where by the car was changed in some manner (battery, catcon, brakes, wheels) and dissallow your warranty claim. The most interesting thing is the engineers claim that their gearboxes never break down and if anything breaks, the whole GB is changed.

4. Proton has zero claim over the gearbox. They aren't allowed to touch the gearbox regardless of the situation and only Punch themselves are allowed to 'repair' it under warranty terms.

There's another interesting story regarding the gearbox failure too that's caused by the gearboxes own programming failure. Will wait to see the outcome of that.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
damn sakit hati if proton car (or any other car for that matter) is new and still give problem...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
4. Proton has zero claim over the gearbox. They aren't allowed to touch the gearbox regardless of the situation and only Punch themselves are allowed to 'repair' it under warranty terms.
That's a blatant lie. I know an owner of Exora CFE who had his gearbox changed. Unless Exora Campro Turbos aren't using the same Punch gearbox (which they are), yup, they are straight lying to your face.

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
Seriously??? Did u watch the opening or our thread about Suprima S?

I remembered the Hisham Othman of Proton.. as he said "I like the back of the car, it matches with the word S" which we all? WTF?! ASS?

n then with the epic "This is the 1st proton model with rear LED lights which u can find in high class cars" .. all of us were.. Exora? Saga FLX?

anyway u forgot Saga FLX which currently has an ECU issue (bcoz i owned one n many owners are facing the same prob as mine)

Yes Power Window still got prob, my FLX power window just fixed in the last service (still under warranty)

btw about the PReve Hill, i remembered there was a youtube video of a guy's preve had an issue at Cameron Highlands

*if I am still in UiTM posting this sure my coursemates will belasah me sbb they think i am not patriotic for being in this thread, that was in 2006

Oh yeah i did forgot about the FLX.. I don't know about that car..never driven or ride even once wither the BLM or FLX. but i prefer the BLM.. looks nicer i guess..
It's not about being patriotic or not man but its a fact, i'm just writting out what i think about proton cars ever since they start. And IMO, i really do think that the suprima S tail light is sexay.. it may look sexy too me.. Different people different views.. Same thing goes IF u say miley cyrus is hot, while i say she's not.

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

wow, Preve with climbing problem...lets comment with power window problem first...:banghead:

its much to do with the punch CVT, the clutch mechanism...i think its been rectified in lowyat that it need higher rev to climb...30 degree is quite steep though...thus the Suprima comes with hill-start technology...

interested to test the actual road or orse with preve CVT...and see how..

The gear box for Campro is RM14,000..Inspira CVT is RM27,000...
thus RM10k is quite cheap for a V6 gearbox..

Campro gearbox RM14,000? Are u serious? What are they? Getrag gearbox? You know.. there's something like mudah.com.my where we can actually survey the market price of it.( i think most of the ZTH member browse it).
And btw.. try google something about CVT gearbox.. there are few articles even in wikipedia stating that the CVT gearbox are CHEAPER to be produce compared to the old school auto and manual gearbox. CVT lowers the cost of production thus making the car company earn more but providing a better 'feeling' gearbox without u all even knowing the true cost behind CVT. I really don't get it why CVt gearbox as you state would cost that much because they are cheaper to be made and also they cannot handle high torque (some of them).
Lastly, i may not be that smart in cars.. but i do know, if something is called cheap or affordable, it wouldn't be a front page news. The story of the minister (Terengganu) changing the gearbox for more than RM10,000 came out in front of the news paper and it became an issue.:smokin: During that time in 2008, some state that the price of a gearbox should be RM8000 - 9000 for a perdana V6 gearbox. Not more than RM10,000.

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I thought it was Saga BLM Auto. Since mine usually have problem going uphill if on gear D :laugh:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Campro gearbox RM14,000? Are u serious? What are they? Getrag gearbox? You know.. there's something like mudah.com.my wher
Probably gearbox at Punch factory is sold for RM9000. But the deal brokered by an agent so Proton buys it for RM14,000 lor....

You would be surprised the amount of part companies who have only 1 client, Proton. You wonder how they survive when they sell only 1 item to 1 client.

Even big part companies like Denso and NGK have more than 1 client.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, in the letter it's already mentioned that Proton also test other cars there and the result also cannot climb!
First time I read this in the Lowyat forum, I was laughing! As bad as I thought Proton was, I never thought something as hilarious like this can happen!:rofl:
My Persona has no problem la. I saw many Personas up in Genting too.
Tak kan helicopter dropped them. :rofl:

Sigh, I was still quite supportive. Now with the Punch, probably never anymore. Unless 6MT.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
That's a blatant lie. I know an owner of Exora CFE who had his gearbox changed. Unless Exora Campro Turbos aren't using the same Punch gearbox (which they are), yup, they are straight lying to your face.

Not i say. Its punch say. But they had nothing to say when someone highlighted that someone just had their gb repaired the week before.

Thats why they used 4.1 on these claimants. "You modified your car therefore warranty void". Modified is very vague for these jokers. You change battery not done by proton means its modified

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
Not i say. Its punch say. But they had nothing to say when someone highlighted that someone just had their gb repaired the week before.

Thats why they used 4.1 on these claimants. "You modified your car therefore warranty void". Modified is very vague for these jokers. You change battery not done by proton means its modified
dis is what happened to my uncle's preve. we were at desaru on sunday for a wedding and his battery went flat. we cant find any jumpers around thus opted to find spare part shop for a battery. got the new battery at petronas, it was the last piece. fuuhh.

problem persisted til the following monday his car couldnt start the next morning again in KL with the new battery. jumped and sent to proton to check. guess what, the peeps over in proton said "warranty voided cos tukar battery lain".

i was like WTF, middle of desaru and u expect to send it to proton too? gila ah!

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
dis is what happened to my uncle's preve. we were at desaru on sunday for a wedding and his battery went flat. we cant find any jumpers around thus opted to find spare part shop for a battery. got the new battery at petronas, it was the last piece. fuuhh.

problem persisted til the following monday his car couldnt start the next morning again in KL with the new battery. jumped and sent to proton to check. guess what, the peeps over in proton said "warranty voided cos tukar battery lain".

i was like WTF, middle of desaru and u expect to send it to proton too? gila ah!
:rofl:

Padan la..who ask him buy Proton...

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I took my myvi to P2 to claim warranty on disc rotor and got it done without any question being asked. I just mentioned that the brake is not that good anymore and feeling spongy.

They skimmed the discs, changed the brake pads and bleed the fluid even though:
1. The brake didnt wobble when applied, only feeling spongy
2. I've changed rims
3. DIY braided brake hoses are there
4. Suspension changed

If Proton rejected the warranty because of petty reasons, well that's 1 more reason why you should "buy" proton, other than feeding mahathir

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Campro gearbox RM14,000? Are u serious? What are they? Getrag gearbox? You know.. there's something like mudah.com.my where we can actually survey the market price of it.( i think most of the ZTH member browse it).
And btw.. try google something about CVT gearbox.. there are few articles even in wikipedia stating that the CVT gearbox are CHEAPER to be produce compared to the old school auto and manual gearbox. CVT lowers the cost of production thus making the car company earn more but providing a better 'feeling' gearbox without u all even knowing the true cost behind CVT. I really don't get it why CVt gearbox as you state would cost that much because they are cheaper to be made and also they cannot handle high torque (some of them).
Lastly, i may not be that smart in cars.. but i do know, if something is called cheap or affordable, it wouldn't be a front page news. The story of the minister (Terengganu) changing the gearbox for more than RM10,000 came out in front of the news paper and it became an issue.:smokin: During that time in 2008, some state that the price of a gearbox should be RM8000 - 9000 for a perdana V6 gearbox. Not more than RM10,000.
its in the part list..

mudah got new gearbox eh?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
jgn la mcm tu taikor ixeo. he did it to himself.. but i believe shouldnt be that way right?
It shouldn't be that way, but Malaysia boleh ma.

Toyota cannot do that? Proton can!

Got a Proton Inspira at home also, I can only :banghead: when talking about Proton service.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

is there any way to remove the badge like proton...city...vios ...1.5 ... all kind of badge from the car without spoil/ peel off the car paint? thx///
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience