Opinions of GAB HA series height adjustable suspension

starscream

Known Member
Aug 18, 2007
bigger piston can dissipate heat better too.bigger piston=better damping,it's true.
reason,forgot....hehehe...try google it up star scream.i've read the article before.
there a good reason why all adj sus manufacturer racing to make their piston
bigger.the biggest that i've heard of if i'm not mistaken is a round 48-52mm.
don't shoot me if i'm wrong.tend to forget a lot of car tech lately.hehehe.....:rofl:
I went to kakimotor in sunway and the sales person recommend me the zerone adjustable claiming a bigger pistons for more precise damping, then i went to 1 utama shopping center and saw the pedders absorboers claming a 52 mm diameter pistons for better performance. So im just wondering and pop out this question.

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
big doesn't mean it's good.sometimes the design that made the abs perform well.
there's other factor that need to take into consideration in making a good set of
abs.

starscream

Known Member
Aug 18, 2007
big doesn't mean it's good.sometimes the design that made the abs perform well.
there's other factor that need to take into consideration in making a good set of
abs.
Totally agree. The material grade use on springs, shafts, housing & etc, Inverted monotube design & the most significant, production QC. Impurities in the gas/liquid filled chamber might also effect the overall performance.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
hehehe......ciaklat jin...sick liow ar?:nurse:
not meh..?? last time when using 82mm piston, only gets 170whp... now using 91mm piston... gets 210whp ler....

ehhehehehe....

ghibril

Known Member
Jun 30, 2008
gab ss series selling at rm2200 now

Front full adjustable shock absorber x2 (with spring)
Rear full adjustable shock absorber x2 (with spring)
Height adjustment special tool x2
Damping force adjustment special too x4
Front pillow ball mount x2

got one seller told me

maybe it would be better to get this one

my hks and bddyclb all out d

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
gab ss series selling at rm2200 now

Front full adjustable shock absorber x2 (with spring)
Rear full adjustable shock absorber x2 (with spring)
Height adjustment special tool x2
Damping force adjustment special too x4
Front pillow ball mount x2
Solid mount is different from pillow ball mount.

RM2400 is the official/recommended price. RM2200 is a discounted price but it's doesn't come with the pillow ball mount (to adjust camber), but solid mount (non adjustable) instead.

Anyway, the "special tools" are nothing special because they are included as default package.

ghibril

Known Member
Jun 30, 2008
Solid mount is different from pillow ball mount.

RM2400 is the official/recommended price. RM2200 is a discounted price but it's doesn't come with the pillow ball mount (to adjust camber), but solid mount (non adjustable) instead.

Anyway, the "special tools" are nothing special because they are included as default package.
ohooh

now i see the catch oni

so i should ask for a pillow ball mount if i were to get the gab ss? because the package comes with the pillowball.

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
ohooh

now i see the catch oni

so i should ask for a pillow ball mount if i were to get the gab ss? because the package comes with the pillowball.
No, that's not what I mean. At RM2400 it doesn't come with the pillow ball but a pair of solid mounts. Add RM700/pair UPON ordering to upgrade to the pillow ball mounts and a pair of bearing cap.

I don't think that your seller is pulling your leg but merely misunderstanding on the correct term.

carlmc

Known Member
Jun 5, 2008
heard there is two type of GAB suspension...one local and the other one GAB.jp??....how can i differentiate them..planning to get the GAB ss....

thor03

Dec 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
to share with u guys, I also used gab HA series for 3 years.... i drive my car 5000km/month, after 3years 1 got leaking front.... then think back it's ok what i used for 3 years.... What can i said first time i used at my wira the spring rate was 8k front and 4k at the back, since i'm the traveler plus with full of spare parts at back bonet and seat......

i'm satisfy with spring rate 4k at back..... but 8k to stiff for me at front, u see we though much harder suspension good for cornering rite. Then i notice if we used too hard suspension also can make car not good in cornering, this what i notice when used 8k front the car bouncing when corner and tyre not grip and make car oversteer, Then i change to 6k, feel much better on cornering.

So u also must know which spring rate u must used, different car can be different setting also. That my 2cent opinion.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear sifus,

Does anybody know where to get a nos purge kit... but idont want to use nitrous, use CO2 instead.. or other DIY ways?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience