No topspeed after installation b.o.t

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Status
Not open for further replies.

mesi kaka

From Facebook
Jan 31, 2010
haloo guys,i got vios with bolt on turbo n its very good in respons but very low in topspeed... can any sifuu out there solve my problem or teach me how to setting my car so it will quick respons n d same time very good in topspeed... tq :confused:

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
any dynograph to see? can check your ecu/fuel supply. hows the fuel consumption?

freeman1314

Known Member
Oct 7, 2008
Can I know what do you mean by top speed ?
If you mean theres no changes in the top speed it's because there's no changes in the rev limit and gearing and tyre size. So the top speed will remain the same. B.O.T will help increase the power so u can reach top speed faster but not more top speed if you didn't change the gearing, rev limit and tyre size.

mesi kaka

From Facebook
Jan 31, 2010
during dyno test d topspeed very high,it can reach around 220km/h... but of course it cant reach 220km/h on d road,d weight also need to be calculate... d problem is before i use this b.o.t my car can reach 190km/h,but now only can reach 180km/h... how? :banghead:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Woah. Did you change anything? Tires... bodykit or something? O.o

ae101rulez

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
erm...
fyi...tyres n bodykit dun affect car top speed...even a stock standard 13 inch iswara can manage 180kmh..what is the spec of the turbo?? internal stock ??? some specs please....

xbalance2002

1,500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
how come 180? but in dyno able to do 220.... sure some where when wrong...
even stock NA able to do 200... If base on formula vios AT able to reach 220 at about 6000k RPM...

maybe u can try to go to GT Auto for checking ... they have done vios turbo before...

dorift0

Jan 15, 2010
Subang
NO, dont go there, later kena chicken chop, pm me, I tell u where to do and worth ur $$

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
ae101 , tyre does affect top speed.
in track , tyre alone will easily differentiate 1s .

maybe what you mean is tyre is not the cause of mesi top speed drop...

but in general, even if after you turbocharge your car, there is no reason for the top speed to drop from 190->180 as you claim, little different yes, but not till extend of 10/15kmh

if a drop is noticeable after turbo charge... few things can be obvious
1. intakes, air intake play an important role... especially after you turbo charge them and they need to breath faster and more

2. supply. fuel supply in this case, make sure the fuel supply is adequate for your boost need

3. exhaust. eating too much without letting out ? that sure feel bad, same goes to your car too...

4. transmission. if i am not wrong, your vios is aged and the clutches might slip due to the "additional" work after you charge them... if the slip is continuos, maybe it will ended up in a repair soon enough... haha...

charging your car is fun... but tuning them right to where you want it to be, that is the pleasure... hahaha...

xbalance: nothing wrong with the data... is common i see people run their wheels at 220 250 or 300.. but when on road... whose ball and brain is big enough to getthem up to that speed ? hahaha... is just the matter of opportunity la... people want to know how fast they are for once in their life time.. so mar floor it when on machine ... hahhaa

xbalance2002

1,500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
his vios is manual meh?

yes now days alot of new vios & city like rocket when at nite .... fast man ... i always tell myself follow speed limit then when see there are few car in the same class ... i join they too... haha

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
fyi...tyres n bodykit dun affect car top speed...even a stock standard 13 inch iswara can manage 180kmh..what is the spec of the turbo?? internal stock ??? some specs please....
The wider and heavier it is has more rolling resistance lah, and whatever unessecary bodykits you put has drag kan?

FYI you need to do research lah. Seriously -.-".

The thinner the tires the faster it is what, of course 13" can get up to 180 lah, you try using 18" see whether still can hit 180.

ae101rulez

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
erm...
The wider and heavier it is has more rolling resistance lah, and whatever unessecary bodykits you put has drag kan?

FYI you need to do research lah. Seriously -.-".

The thinner the tires the faster it is what, of course 13" can get up to 180 lah, you try using 18" see whether still can hit 180.
malas to fight wiv small cikus like youla...hehe..anyway..offcourse i know 13 inch can reach 180..18 inch definitely can pass the 180 border depending on what engine you use..ok..back to topic...the thread starter have settled his problem then ? :smokin::smokin:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Nah still havent heard from him yet. Yalah I'm also lazy to tindak balas -.-". Every race car runs lighter and smaller wheels for a reason ahaha. :rofl:

Small ciku, lol one of the uncreative things ive been called in ages :stupid:

4G93NAPower

Known Member
Nov 23, 2008
Penang
on dyno the traction and down force is different than on the road,

you might hit 210km/h on dyno but on the road just 180km/h

mesi kaka

From Facebook
Jan 31, 2010
whats d meaning of AFR?actually im new in this field,1st time im using this turbo... but i think during high rpm there was no temp rising... plz xplain detail?thanx guys...

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
AFR = air:fuel ratio
For turbo engines, at high rpms it will be rich to prevent engine damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

helo...to every ZTH member....here is my lil question...just wanna ask tat im going to buy a APEXI Dual Funel filter.....but i notice tat it needs adapter n also sum thing about rubber i think.....so i dono how was it....if all i take oredi RM270 including installation feess....

now im using a clond airfilter....so can i take out and just buy the airfilter without the adapter to put on my car.....my ride is ISWARA..below is the pic i draw....can i dowan buy the adapter??

.hope tat...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience