Need Opinion on Fun Hatchback to Drive

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Well, I guess second hand hatchback it is. Found a few second hand Golf GTI mk6 for around RM70k. But I haven't do more research on that car.

Also considering Peugeot 208 GTI from the previous reply. But kinda worried that their spare parts will dry up my bank account even if I send it to repair at workshop outside.

Well, I guess second hand hatchback it is. Found a few second hand Golf GTI mk6 for around RM70k. But I haven't do more research on that car.

Also considering Peugeot 208 GTI from the previous reply. But kinda worried that their spare parts will dry up my bank account even if I send it to repair at workshop outside.

Golf GTi Mk6 = older in age, lots of stuff wearing out, rubber bushes, engine mounting, big service coming up.
Peugeot 208 GTi = newer car, interior more modern, car still under warranty...

Personally I'd choose the Peugeot 208 GTi because you don't care about resale value. Because it depreciated worst. Both cars compared, the 208 GTi will give you less headaches in the next 2 to 3 years. There's still a year of warranty left, so be buddies with the SC guy, and get them to change whatever that is due for change...so its covered under warranty instead of your wallet.

Golf GTi Mk6 = older in age, lots of stuff wearing out, rubber bushes, engine mounting, big service coming up.
Peugeot 208 GTi = newer car, interior more modern, car still under warranty...

Personally I'd choose the Peugeot 208 GTi because you don't care about resale value. Because it depreciated worst. Both cars compared, the 208 GTi will give you less headaches in the next 2 to 3 years. There's still a year of warranty left, so be buddies with the SC guy, and get them to change whatever that is due for change...so its covered under warranty instead of your wallet.
I agree with u on the 'be buddy with the sc guy', to be exact be buddy with the service tech and not the advisor to eliminate middle man mark up.

Some tech of a european make can change / repair the legendary DSG GB for u at less than half the sc price. I know a Sirocco owner whom runs a family owned spare part shop come to them for help.

I agree with u on the 'be buddy with the sc guy', to be exact be buddy with the service tech and not the advisor to eliminate middle man mark up.

Some tech of a european make can change / repair the legendary DSG GB for u at less than half the sc price. I know a Sirocco owner whom runs a family owned spare part shop come to them for help.
Wah! like that double save, own spare parts shop means at cost already....:driver:

why not get a mazda 3 mps instead.. more Fun/kg.. easy and cheaper to maintain fwd manual trans..:nurse:

mazda parts also not cheaper to replace :biggrin:

why not get a mazda 3 mps instead.. more Fun/kg.. easy and cheaper to maintain fwd manual trans..:nurse:

torque steer. and the car is old.

I would pick the Peugeot 208 GTi. Nicer cabin, newer car, with warranty

I would pick the Peugeot 208 GTi. Nicer cabin, newer car, with warranty

Even with warranty... Even more heartache when got lemons...

Even with warranty... Even more heartache when got lemons...

Post warranty if depollution error come out, just drop a Haltech in. Manual gearbox so no issues.

Leaking plastic radiator top just replace with aftermarket aluminum radiator.

Other than that not much issues. But it’s upto his personal preference.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom