need help in upgrading Lancer06

SHENzz

Hi i am new here...i am having lancer 06 model...i would like to ask the experts here if anyone have try to upgrade the suspension...i wanted to upgrade it to coilover....but dunno which one suit it best...anyone here have try to use the D2racing sport coilver...

hi shenzz,
welcome to our mloc tread!!..
your 06 model lancer is the GLX version right?.. well.. before you do any upgrades.. you might viod your waranty of you ride.. so advise is make sure you are ready to viod your waranty before you do any upgrades..
i believe the waranty for lancer is 5years...

yes...Leslie is right. Anyway, no expeience or heard of the D2 coilovers..where is it made from ??

if not mistaken D2 Racing is from Taiwan, quite famous in Taiwan and Hong Kong. got the Racing team under this brand. now just came into malaysia.

B18C-R
when u wanna take part in D1 grand prix?...ehehe

Last edited:
cyi,
D1 I take part watch can la..I think this 1st Jul got one big D1 Grand Prix in Shah Alam .....

I know lar D2 actualy..saw in Local Magazine before..but dunno where it is made la..new brand I believe.

i saw this D2 in taiwan megazine quite some time already. consider new to brand in malaysia. i like the D2 colour matching..hehehe...

hi...errrr....its ok i think i will void the warranty cos i really interested in making this car fast but 1st the handling must be ok 1st....but i dunno wat type of coilover i should rely on...i had few in minds GAB,D2 dunno which to choose...u guys have any better coilover suggestion...ya my lancer is GLX the new model..tq for the reply

d2 dont have for evo yet....but wat i know is famous in taiwan n hk.
price? quite cheap
i think the material for their absorber also not bad compare wit jap brand

shenzz,
if you are ready!!! then ok...hehe...well i'm not so sure about coil covers due to i'm not that familiar with it... but the members here are very knowledgeble on this matter.. esp: b18c-r, cyilaw and etc..hehehe..
if you want to upgrade your ride.. the most important question is what do you want or how you want your car to perform? and what's your budget?.. well.. budget is very important !!! hehehehehe.... saw some lancers with minor mods and they look pretty cool!!! have you tried searching in some car accesories shops??
maybe you can start in changing your ride height with a good set of springs and then changing your rims and tires to a lighter weight rims and a good set of tires..
minor engine mods such as air filter and exaust system will help in the performance..
when you have power.. you need to also stop in time also..hehe.. so upgrading your brake system.. brake lines... 4disc brake.. well... good luck!!!
why dont you join us in our TT sessions and have a chat with us personally?.. it's better face to face!!!

tq for the comments...i am still thinking of whether to turbo chrage my ride o to do am engine swap 4G63...but my handling are poor so i go for the coilovers 1st :) still checking out the brands...doing research :)

actually, lots thing can be done without void warranty, certain thing if mod will void tat part warranty only like in this case suspension... but if he's ready... e8 is a good option provided $$$ check tat e8 full package cost some rm35k

but i know tat, small mod like add earth cable, air filter, volt stabilizer, these will give some power up without voiding warranty...

wat u guys think will add up power lancer05/06 with out change engine or ecu upgrade... lets shares info...

sorry dunno much bout cars wat is e8....my car i have change the airfilter to apexi airfilter...volt stabiliser....grounding wire...oil catch tank...my suspension last time i use king sport spring but bouncing so i go cut my stock absorber to make it shorter become sport absorber but cant hehe cos too soft so now i wan to go for adjustable coilovers...but still in searching mode...dunno which brand to trust yet...currently D2 in mind...if any one have better idea in upgrading this 4G18 to a faster engine plz share tq

De most basic thingy is to mod air intake n exhuast system (full exhuast system including exhuast manifold, front pipe n exhuast)... change spark cable, spark plugs, pot polish n etc...

2nd stage wil b force induction power such as Supercharger/ turbocharger / NOS + ECU tunning... But if going for bigger turbo, remember to upgrade engine internals too (pistons, cams, valve springs valves n crank shaft)... All this gonna cost lotsa $$$... tht's y most ppl opt to change engine all together...

My 2 cents!!! :_:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom