myvi with 2zzge engine

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
adeen thx for the info. still wondering if 2zz able to fit in myvi engiine bay n things like koolspyda mentioned whether its worth the hassle or just bolt on a turbokit.
honestly in my opinion, putting a 2zz (well built, & tuned & without other upgrades on suspention/braking system) is asking for a death-wish.

there isnt a lot of torque from the 2zz (u can search dyno charts around) compared to some other engine of it class. it has it advantages but if you are prepared to burn your pocket, fine by all means.

slapping any engines can be done locally (many will give you the assurances beforehand but if you are prepared to be guinea pig :proud: (piles of money to get it right).

i would look firstly the base car to be with potential & work from there. Myvi is a nice car (with certain upgrades will just do) but dont think it worth the hybrid project of this magnitude.

YRvi

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
KL
Sorry, i'm digging this old thread just to know if any of the daredevils out there has done this conversion?

I'm prepared to sacrifice my 9yr old chasis for this swap. It's just that i need to know anyone that i could refer to.

YRvi

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
KL
Hehehe.. anyone would like to share on how to get this done, or direct me to the workshop that have experience of doing this conversion. I think it's about the same like Myvi+4AGE20V since all the supporting arms needs to be converted as well...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Serious? Get urself a myvi extreme n turbocharged it

Save u a lot of hassle.. N i seriously mean a lot of hassle

N save u a lot of money..

Unless u wanna do it as a project car..

But definitely not for daily driving :driver:

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Vehicle swapped with engine that over 25% can be endorsed , but the car need to go for another inspection carried out by "Bahagian Kejuruteraan Automotif" of JPJ to examine whether the body,chassis & brakes of the vehicle able to cope with the extra power from the bigger Displacement engine .

Such as a BMW 318 convert 328 or 330 engines and so on ... the engine mounting either from engine or chassis side can't be modified ... so a 2ZZ-GE in a Myvi is definitely a no go .

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Vehicle swapped with engine that over 25% can be endorsed , but the car need to go for another inspection carried out by "Bahagian Kejuruteraan Automotif" of JPJ to examine whether the body,chassis & brakes of the vehicle able to cope with the extra power from the bigger Displacement engine .

Such as a BMW 318 convert 328 or 330 engines and so on ... the engine mounting either from engine or chassis side can't be modified ... so a 2ZZ-GE in a Myvi is definitely a no go .
So something like 2.0 to 3.0 is no problem but mounting and chassis cannot be changed?

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
AFAIK, it's illegal to modify chassis n mounting

If u wanna put different engine, need to fabricate a piece of metal to link car mounting 2 d engine

Cutting n welding of mounting on chassis will make d car illegal no matter how small

Previously my dad bought a car that has a lil welding on d chassis.. Until today d car can't do name transfer

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

So something like 2.0 to 3.0 is no problem but mounting and chassis cannot be changed?
2.0 to 3.0 falls under kategori 2.. More than 25% increase

It can be legalize but need further checkup at JPJ like what Wilson13b said

Kategori 1 is simpler 2 do

Here's d link

Portal Rasmi Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan Malaysia

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Why Mod to Myvi, standard already many turn turtle, some more put in Big cc engine.....:hmmmm:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
The thing is, Myvi can fit in 2ZZ-GE? 1.5L myvi already very unstable at high speeds, yet wanna have 2zz-ge. 4age I seen a myvi with it before but to masuk 1ZZ-FE or 2ZZ-ge isnt it too big to fit into such small engine bay? :hmmmm2:

Transplant k3vet already very powerful lo.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Correct, and whether legal or illegal......:biggrin:
Mounting already fail, and 2zz-ge in it is totally gonna fail unless track car. Also how stable will it be I dunno.

Would be too much for the myvi to take.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i need some suggestion from you guys
1)Suzuki swift sport / suzuki swift
2)Honda civic es 2.0
3)Toyota vios
i'm not really pro about car.http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/images/smilies/gtnsmilies/stupid.gif
My budget is around 75k - 110k
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience