Myvi 1.5 se with original suspension stiff ride

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
HLSH have body shift, and can compress the springs other than dampening rate
I think FTuned HL units have bodyshift too.

From their FB page
F Tuned Racing Suspension for Perodua Myvi

* GT Series - Rm3400 Hilosofthard inverted monotube front and monotube rear, rear with height adjust kit, rotating softhard rear knob, bodyshift front and rear, includes soft hard extension knob for front damper (fixed type)

* R-Series - Rm2450 (installation rm150) Hi-Lo Inverted monotube front and monotube rear, with height adjust kit,bodyshift front and rear.

* S Series - Rm1950 (installation rm150) Hi-Lo Monotube front and rear, rear with height adjust kit,bodyshift front and rear..yes rear got bodyshift too!

2 years warranty against leaking,jamming and noise.
pillow ball top mount optional rm450 mk1 and rm550mk2

custom *setting can choose Road-Comfort, Road-Touge Spec or Race-comp Spec

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Means F Tuned makes different models to suit their customers. Others I have seen do not have body shift and are much cheaper....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
RM350 full set, that's a steal! :proud:
Indeed. I can talk about HLSH till the cows come home, but no money so I just buy cheap shit instead. If it sucks I can say its cheap mah. lol. OEM spec, can't suck that bad, the original KYB also damn bumpy already.

ahhh...RM3450. Thanks for the correction.

Which one did you ordered? The yellow one?
OEM black standard ones. Yellow one is short stroke, which lowers the car, not suitable for me since I want my car at stock ride height. #parkingramprallyhero

I may be wrong but whereas HL vs HLSB is concerned, isn't it basically the same coilover; albeit having an additional valve to do minor adjustment of the rebound rate?

How often does one adjust the Soft/Hard knob settings? I think so far, I adjusted twice only. After getting used to driving around with hard settings, when I set to soft, it feels wobbly.

Going on this assumption, if we get the spring rates correct for our required needs, opting for the cheaper HL isnt that much of a compromise
Problem is, "correct for our required need" is subjective. The pre-valved one was not done in your preference. If just so happen you're happy with it, sure, that's great. Which is why HLSH is offered, to adjust and match your tires & your buttock. If you find the sweet spot, then yes, like you said, you won't adjust it thereafter unless going to the track.

I used to think like you too, but if the HL set is not "right" out of the box, re-valving them cost quite a significant amount too.

So can somebody sponsor me RM3.45k? I'm really eager to see how Ftuned in a myvi performs
lol... mana cari sponsor?

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Indeed. I can talk about HLSH till the cows come home, but no money so I just buy cheap shit instead. If it sucks I can say its cheap mah. lol. OEM spec, can't suck that bad, the original KYB also damn bumpy already.
good ma, can experiment and review with available products while saving the wallet. like i dreamed to the moon and back about changing to HLSH coilovers, but no money so can only think about servicing nia :biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
good ma, can experiment and review with available products while saving the wallet. like i dreamed to the moon and back about changing to HLSH coilovers, but no money so can only think about servicing nia :biggrin:
haha, i didn't dream le, back then only one available as GAB SS... I gotten it. In less than a week I gotten rid of it. Way too low even at the highest setting (for me).

Because the ground clearance didn't meet my need i got rid of it. I didn't even bother to play with the S/H.

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
haha, i didn't dream le, back then only one available as GAB SS... I gotten it. In less than a week I gotten rid of it. Way too low even at the highest setting (for me).

Because the ground clearance didn't meet my need i got rid of it. I didn't even bother to play with the S/H.
slap it on and see if it fulfills, don't like, remove and rid. short and sweet, nice! :adore:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
slap it on and see if it fulfills, don't like, remove and rid. short and sweet, nice! :adore:
Sadly, no alternatives back then. TEIN & CUSCO was almost double in price.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
For wira is cheaper tho....i got ftuned last year. rm2700.
Include gst :mad:, installation ...3k++
HLSH? What's your feedback on it?

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
yes, hlsh and body shift. Front inverted, rear monotube.
comfort for a coilover. From my view, feel planted on the road. Even i test whack corner on malaysia uneven road, i don feel a guessing game how the steering going to response. + ps3 tyre also lah.

Before that i run with HWL st-1 (orange spring) hlsh body shift. I should have test other spring rate for it !! but it din cross my mind before join zth. :mad:
Should be cheaper alternative. Anyway i sold it.

i cannot compare Ftuned with HWL st-1. Not fair. :hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ive seen this spoiler before on the roads in Malaysia.. But ive gone to so many bodywork shop and all say dun have... I really want this spoiler... Its exactly like the GTI spoiler, but it has the R3 logo on the side.. Btw, its fiber or PU material as you can see.. Its not the carbon fibre R3 original.. Tried finding on Google too... Fail... Follow the picture link, shop in the UK... Any shop around selangor?

Picture
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience