Myvi 1.5 se with original suspension stiff ride

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
I'm seriously out of touch. Isn't the GAB SS already HLSH? :hmmmm: Servicing is cheaper than buying new. Unless you gatal just service only la.
misinformation, i am NOT riding on the SS, my gabs are only HILO, can't recall if they're HA or ST. im the one outa touch here sifu don worry you're still sharp! no longer dampening well and one strut is leaking. with limited fund i see servicing as the road to take.

Alternately, you can sell off the current set and use the money to offset the purchase of a new set
i have been fighting that dilemma for a long time, my primary agendas for the car were initially the suspension, tires and brake first. unfortunately with the problems plaguing my engine area, priorities shifted and these have been left neglected :stupid:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
hi bro ixeo, care to share a little bit more on the services done by Ftuned and PRS? what procedures should i be looking into? im currently riding on GAB SS, considering to either have them serviced, OR hang on awhile longer for a new set of hilosofthard. :hmmmm: helppppp
Pro RS don't "service". Just remove old cartridge from the shock, and insert new one in. Ask cvkit17 he should know better since he just did it. F Tuned is really draining the oil out of the shock, checking the valves etc.

misinformation, i am NOT riding on the SS, my gabs are only HILO, can't recall if they're HA or ST. im the one outa touch here sifu don worry you're still sharp! no longer dampening well and one strut is leaking. with limited fund i see servicing as the road to take.

i have been fighting that dilemma for a long time, my primary agendas for the car were initially the suspension, tires and brake first. unfortunately with the problems plaguing my engine area, priorities shifted and these have been left neglected :stupid:
Were you satisfied with your GAB? If you were you can call them and see how much to service them. You should only explore alternatives if you were not satisfied.

Yes it is expensive but still cant compare to FTUNED la dude...almost 4k for a set. The good thing about KYB is the comfort level. It is really comfortable if compared to many other adjustables. Most of my friends and family didn't notice that I have changed to adjustables. That's one of the reason why I spent that freaking RM820 to service all four. Initially I thought of using Proride at the rear but dropped the idea eventually. You may try Proride. I have heard good reviews about them.

You are using eibach springs aren't u?
F Tuned costs RM150 each damper for service and revalve. Hehe it's cheaper than yours. R Series inverted front, mono rear for Myvi, without soft hard is ~2300. He's working on a twin tube HLSH unit for myvi, in development now. Actually that sounds like the absolute killer suspension setup for a comfort focused street car.

Yes the Sapura Proride is rather popular too, especially among the Inspira crowd. And it's dirt cheap, going for RM350 a set of standard OEM shocks. I did some research on Sapura and turned out rather interesting.

1. They are allegedly the R3 supplier for the lowering springs. Unsure about dampers. If someone can confirm this would be great.
2. They used to be called Sapura Leda. Apparently Leda is like the Lotus of suspensions. Sapura bought/merge/married them, got their technology, down the road sold them off (like how Lotus will soon be whored away).

Alternately, you can sell off the current set and use the money to offset the purchase of a new set
Pretty wise choice.

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Pro RS don't "service". Just remove old cartridge from the shock, and insert new one in. Ask cvkit17 he should know better since he just did it. F Tuned is really draining the oil out of the shock, checking the valves etc.

Were you satisfied with your GAB? If you were you can call them and see how much to service them. You should only explore alternatives if you were not satisfied.
i am interested to hear from cvkit17 on what procedures were done for that price, Nagamotorsport and PRS service the similar ways? Rafique from Ftuned did tell me that servicing my set would set me back about 1k, best if i send it in for a proper quotation.

can't say that im satisfied with the gabs, they weren't in the best condition already when i bought the car. also feel that it's a tad too bumpy to my liking. need to service the shocks before i can set a "benchmark" for myself. its a journeyyyyy :driver:

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
i am interested to hear from cvkit17 on what procedures were done for that price, Nagamotorsport and PRS service the similar ways? Rafique from Ftuned did tell me that servicing my set would set me back about 1k, best if i send it in for a proper quotation.

can't say that im satisfied with the gabs, they weren't in the best condition already when i bought the car. also feel that it's a tad too bumpy to my liking. need to service the shocks before i can set a "benchmark" for myself. its a journeyyyyy :driver:
Assuming you are NOT happy with the GAB. Don't bother servicing it, just sell it off. With the money you get, + budget to service, +top up a bit.. buy the new F TUNED S Series for Myvi, twin tube, HLSH. It should be cheaper than the current R Series @ ~2300.

The GAB non-SS is just twin tube with HL at best. I do not think it is worthwhile to service them.

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Assuming you are NOT happy with the GAB. Don't bother servicing it, just sell it off. With the money you get, + budget to service, +top up a bit.. buy the new F TUNED S Series for Myvi, twin tube, HLSH. It should be cheaper than the current R Series @ ~2300.

The GAB non-SS is just twin tube with HL at best. I do not think it is worthwhile to service them.
im not sure how much can fish for the current based on the condition (one rear leaking and fronts clunking). however if it is ~2.3k price i can seriously consider it! also, i failed to mention that my ride is a Satria SE when i hijacked :stupid:

i was offered GT series HLSH Road-Touge spec for ~3k installation and gst included.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

F Tuned costs RM150 each damper for service and revalve. Hehe it's cheaper than yours. R Series inverted front, mono rear for Myvi, without soft hard is ~2300. He's working on a twin tube HLSH unit for myvi, in development now. Actually that sounds like the absolute killer suspension setup for a comfort focused street car.

Yes the Sapura Proride is rather popular too, especially among the Inspira crowd. And it's dirt cheap, going for RM350 a set of standard OEM shocks. I did some research on Sapura and turned out rather interesting.

1. They are allegedly the R3 supplier for the lowering springs. Unsure about dampers. If someone can confirm this would be great.
2. They used to be called Sapura Leda. Apparently Leda is like the Lotus of suspensions. Sapura bought/merge/married them, got their technology, down the road sold them off (like how Lotus will soon be whored away).

Pretty wise choice.
I guess he meant PRS workshop. Izso let them modified his STD ori shocks to serviceable shocks. How good is it that you gotta ask Izso. He actually recommended me to try PRS but since KYB RSP is cartridge type, I'm not sure if they can modify it (and I didn't ask).

For the KYB RSP, they replace the front shock cartridge but the rear shocks were fully replaced. That's why I was tempted to try Proride. One thing that pulled me back is that KYB RSP has multistage valves so the comfort level is there.

Servicing FTUNED is cheap, getting one isn't ! RM2300 for HL only like you said, coz I have seen in their FB comment reply that myvi HLSH is around 4k. If I wana change I would get HLSH already..the one and only reason I get KYB RSP even though it is HL is because of the comfort level.

They just replace the front absorber cartridge and the whole rear absorber. I guess PRS can somewhat, somehow, customize the absorber.

My opinion is that if you're not satisfied with the current set, change it or you'll regret. Unless you are tight on budget.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I guess he meant PRS workshop. Izso let them modified his STD ori shocks to serviceable shocks. How good is it that you gotta ask Izso. He actually recommended me to try PRS but since KYB RSP is cartridge type, I'm not sure if they can modify it (and I didn't ask).

For the KYB RSP, they replace the front shock cartridge but the rear shocks were fully replaced. That's why I was tempted to try Proride. One thing that pulled me back is that KYB RSP has multistage valves so the comfort level is there.

Servicing FTUNED is cheap, getting one isn't ! RM2300 for HL only like you said, coz I have seen in their FB comment reply that myvi HLSH is around 4k. If I wana change I would get HLSH already..the one and only reason I get KYB RSP even though it is HL is because of the comfort level.

They just replace the front absorber cartridge and the whole rear absorber. I guess PRS can somewhat, somehow, customize the absorber.

My opinion is that if you're not satisfied with the current set, change it or you'll regret. Unless you are tight on budget.
F TUNED HLSH for Myvi RM3450. You buy the HL for ~RM2300, can be upgraded to HLSH for RM1000.

I ordered the ProRide already for RM350 full set... let's see how good is it versus dead SACHS.

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya

thanks! just to make things sure, you meant Nagamotorsport's serviced your set by replacing front cartridge and rear shocks? if PRS can customize, does it make it a better/cheaper alternative?

point taken! i would have splurged on new coilovers but i have to allocate the budget into the engine bay first, so service it is! will contact PRS or Ftuned soon for inquiry :biggrin:

F TUNED HLSH for Myvi RM3450. You buy the HL for ~RM2300, can be upgraded to HLSH for RM1000.

I ordered the ProRide already for RM350 full set... let's see how good is it versus dead SACHS.
RM350 full set, that's a steal! :proud:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

ahhh...RM3450. Thanks for the correction.

Which one did you ordered? The yellow one?

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
You buy the HL for ~RM2300, can be upgraded to HLSH for RM1000.
I may be wrong but whereas HL vs HLSB is concerned, isn't it basically the same coilover; albeit having an additional valve to do minor adjustment of the rebound rate?

How often does one adjust the Soft/Hard knob settings? I think so far, I adjusted twice only. After getting used to driving around with hard settings, when I set to soft, it feels wobbly.

Going on this assumption, if we get the spring rates correct for our required needs, opting for the cheaper HL isnt that much of a compromise

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
HLSH have body shift, and can compress the springs other than dampening rate
I think FTuned HL units have bodyshift too.

From their FB page
F Tuned Racing Suspension for Perodua Myvi

* GT Series - Rm3400 Hilosofthard inverted monotube front and monotube rear, rear with height adjust kit, rotating softhard rear knob, bodyshift front and rear, includes soft hard extension knob for front damper (fixed type)

* R-Series - Rm2450 (installation rm150) Hi-Lo Inverted monotube front and monotube rear, with height adjust kit,bodyshift front and rear.

* S Series - Rm1950 (installation rm150) Hi-Lo Monotube front and rear, rear with height adjust kit,bodyshift front and rear..yes rear got bodyshift too!

2 years warranty against leaking,jamming and noise.
pillow ball top mount optional rm450 mk1 and rm550mk2

custom *setting can choose Road-Comfort, Road-Touge Spec or Race-comp Spec

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Means F Tuned makes different models to suit their customers. Others I have seen do not have body shift and are much cheaper....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
RM350 full set, that's a steal! :proud:
Indeed. I can talk about HLSH till the cows come home, but no money so I just buy cheap shit instead. If it sucks I can say its cheap mah. lol. OEM spec, can't suck that bad, the original KYB also damn bumpy already.

ahhh...RM3450. Thanks for the correction.

Which one did you ordered? The yellow one?
OEM black standard ones. Yellow one is short stroke, which lowers the car, not suitable for me since I want my car at stock ride height. #parkingramprallyhero

I may be wrong but whereas HL vs HLSB is concerned, isn't it basically the same coilover; albeit having an additional valve to do minor adjustment of the rebound rate?

How often does one adjust the Soft/Hard knob settings? I think so far, I adjusted twice only. After getting used to driving around with hard settings, when I set to soft, it feels wobbly.

Going on this assumption, if we get the spring rates correct for our required needs, opting for the cheaper HL isnt that much of a compromise
Problem is, "correct for our required need" is subjective. The pre-valved one was not done in your preference. If just so happen you're happy with it, sure, that's great. Which is why HLSH is offered, to adjust and match your tires & your buttock. If you find the sweet spot, then yes, like you said, you won't adjust it thereafter unless going to the track.

I used to think like you too, but if the HL set is not "right" out of the box, re-valving them cost quite a significant amount too.

So can somebody sponsor me RM3.45k? I'm really eager to see how Ftuned in a myvi performs
lol... mana cari sponsor?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Has anyone heard of cold start system, the big bulky thing bolter to the TB, anyone tried removing it, how it looks like and how it works? worth removing it?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience