Myth of Voltage stabilizer

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
maybe you can hook your friend up to make my myvi speedo to light up like what he did to his car. it's kinda cool though. haha
He doesn't want to do it for anyone else because his is uniqe. LOL! People have offered him money and he's refused so too bad bro. Hehe

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
SF, to improve your BLM and throttle lag. Come I DIY to let you test...use welding cable as grounding....I'm using it 300amps one....cable from Thailand good stuff....a lot of BLM and FLX owner using it....not invented by me but can DIY no problem.....I also can DIY the grounding for each COP on your CamPro.....
That's sounds interesting. Can only visit you on weekends then. Then can learn more from u :smile:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
That's sounds interesting. Can only visit you on weekends then. Then can learn more from u :smile:
I will wait for you but don't know until when I'm gonna wait.....1 year or 2 years? :smokin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I will wait for you but don't know until when I'm gonna wait.....1 year or 2 years? :smokin:
U r not staying overseas, no need that long time la adui.

idmanotic

Oct 6, 2013
I am a believer of voltage stabliser. I am not an electrical engineer though, only have simply knowledge.

However, I do understand that having clean power is important to car. This is because all our sensors etc all depends on power need to acquire accurate voltage readings and send it to ECU. If power supply is bad, I don't think sensors will work well.
t
But not all VS work. A properly designed VS needs to be able to cancel out the minor and major voltage fluctuations generated. Most VS in the market only slab on a couple of big capacitors and they can only filter our major voltage changes but not able to react to small ones.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
SF, to improve your BLM and throttle lag. Come I DIY to let you test...use welding cable as grounding....I'm using it 300amps one....cable from Thailand good stuff....a lot of BLM and FLX owner using it....not invented by me but can DIY no problem.....I also can DIY the grounding for each COP on your CamPro.....
I'm very interested in the groundings! The throttle thing can be used in Persona DBW too right

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
stupidcarm yes....

SF, set the time and date....let me know so I can prepare stuff...

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Personally i don't think by just using a VS it can give you a noticeable increase of performance in every aspect of your car.

A VS may give you a brighter headlamp..cooler air cond..but.. with every other stock parts in the car, that's just it.

A VS couple with performance plug cable and iridium plug may give you a better results in engine performance increment..

Well.. a VS is not a performance part like your custom extractor..piping..cam...injector etc :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

*PS: I'm using Pivot Raizin Blue.. from 7 years back and the thing still kickin hehe.. get original :biggrin:

kobzng

Known Member
May 30, 2013
Klang
Guys, I am not sure if the information I get from this friend is accurate.
As he is a quite experienced mechanic too, he told me that standard new cars normally do not need much of Voltage Stabilizer.
However, he explained to me that through his decades of experience that grounding cables is actually much more essential.
I wished I could get more information from him and cross reference with you guys.

I've used a Pivot VS before and I honestly do not see much difference except for the brighter headlamps.
Prolly because I had very minimum ICE in my car as the speakers sounded just as good as they were before installing the VS.
But hell it does make the engine bay looks a lil bit more interesting ! :biggrin:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Guys, I am not sure if the information I get from this friend is accurate.
As he is a quite experienced mechanic too, he told me that standard new cars normally do not need much of Voltage Stabilizer.
However, he explained to me that through his decades of experience that grounding cables is actually much more essential.
I wished I could get more information from him and cross reference with you guys.

I've used a Pivot VS before and I honestly do not see much difference except for the brighter headlamps.
Prolly because I had very minimum ICE in my car as the speakers sounded just as good as they were before installing the VS.
But hell it does make the engine bay looks a lil bit more interesting ! :biggrin:
Grounding does a better job. Many sifus here said that before. :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Grounding is only useful for cars that have corroded or worn out stock grounding la. You try it with a brand spanking new car and you'll have absolutely no gains whatsoever. Do it on a old beatup 9 year old car and woah momma, dem headlamps are brighter than the goddam sun!

If you ask me, I think the most useless VS you can get is the Pivot one. Original or not, it does nothing for me except extend battery life.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Grounding is only useful for cars that have corroded or worn out stock grounding la. You try it with a brand spanking new car and you'll have absolutely no gains whatsoever. Do it on a old beatup 9 year old car and woah momma, dem headlamps are brighter than the goddam sun!

If you ask me, I think the most useless VS you can get is the Pivot one. Original or not, it does nothing for me except extend battery life.
So what's the best VS to use that we can get the most benefits out of it?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
i bought ori pivot blue from kakimotor, after 2 yrs kong edi. but left it in the engine bay did not remove it.
for grounding cables yes i agree its important, my wife's atos had battery & starter problem when we 1st bought it, changed new batt, new starter still problem. then bought rm15 HKS ground cables & solved the problem.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
i bought ori pivot blue from kakimotor, after 2 yrs kong edi. but left it in the engine bay did not remove it.
for grounding cables yes i agree its important, my wife's atos had battery & starter problem when we 1st bought it, changed new batt, new starter still problem. then bought rm15 HKS ground cables & solved the problem.
I bought one from andysky as well HKS Earth ground cables, not sure if it was this that help my car start back when it almost stalled one day during traffic jam after the toll at kerinchi link.

Car black out awhile all lights off, then it start back so thought it was okay but started to worried.
As expected, the car after awhile totally shutdown. Tried to crank a few times, no sound of cranking as well...but then left the key there and got down open the bonnet to check...

Weird thing is that when I open up the bonnet, I saw my engine running...I felt weird and went back to the driver seat to check on the speedometer, everything was lighted up again...

But i didnt even hear a sound of the engine started...:hmmmm2: :dontknow: :confused:

Felt weird but didnt bother, continue driving. But noticed 2 of my headlamps no longer working.
So drive only with fog light on. lucky there are fog lamps. If not really driving without lights.

Bulbs fused when got it check. Well that's the weirdest thing that happened to me.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Your car got ghost la. :biggrin:
That's the only possibility I can think of...since car totally shut down then restart again...:rofl:

hamsup ghost. :biggrin:
Hamsup ghost would have been touching me adi but just shut down my car only...

Unless just want to see me bend over when checking my car that's all :rofl:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
the ghost touch you also cannot feel la....

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
stupidcar and SF, come we RnD and solve the problem

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

help, last friday i feel that my car air con is not cold, so sat i send to the workshop for inspection. then the mech say its because the air con gas not enough, so he just refill the gas for me and say ok d. then on the way i driving home, i can feel the cold air, but then got some gas smell when the moment i just on the air on. then today when i drive the car again, the air is no more cold liao.
i was wonder i can smell the air con gas inside the car, mean there is some leakage right?and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience