Myth of Voltage stabilizer

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Had been confusing about this product which called voltage stabilizer.

Most of the seller claim that after installed with a voltage stabilizer will have following benefits :

Brighter headlamp
Better fuel consume
Smoother gear change (auto)
Torque and HP increase
Longer battery life
Cooler air con???

And so on, some say it needs to be works better with grounding cable. Some say only higher model will give benefits like Hot Izanma, Qmax. And another information from a shop which call Kaitenaz racing which they claim need 2 to get better benefits especially on torque increase, and the best combine is 2 vs in battery and 1 vs in interior to get better electric flow, which will cost almost 3k total.

OK, this is my story, first of all, I got no idea whenever does the vs really give gain to the cars, I was currently using a custom made vs from lowyat erictoeh, I had also tried the zaptor evolve 2. The only different I felt was brighter headlamp and Air-con cooler, really no idea with the torque and fuel consume they mention about. And the full copper grounding I diy my self also does`t give any benefits.
I also installed grounding cable to my gf hyundai accent age of 8 years, which feel cooler air-con and lighter pedal. But feel no gain with the vs.

Erictoeh told me, he was a electronic engineer, which he said the +ve cable which connect from alternator to battery usually give no benefits at all, because over charge the battery does`t give any benefits, and the vs usually don`t need few months times as the EDGE(chinese cari) seller said to let the car to adept to it.

And another feedback from my saga flx friend. He currently using EDGE bt103,grounding cable and +ve cable by chinese cari seller. And a so call spark plug grounding cable =\, He said feel great with the product. He said the cvt gear box sound was gone, and also lighter padel and so on. But as my self I din`t feel any different with the gear box.

Anyone did test with this product and any comment about it?? I was just curious on what kind of stuff was this and does it really give any gain or waste money.

Oh ya, my car was Almera, and I also installed it into accord 2008, crv 2008, hyundai i10 2010.

K2 stanley

Known Member
Mar 24, 2009
I used Guangdao and hot inazma MR in my car, i can feel to get smoother torque espically the Guangdao grounding it bring great result for me. But for the hp and torque in my dyno test it bring me 2 hp and few kg/m increase in torque.
My personal preference is try one by one.
Just my personal opinion wish it help you

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I used Guangdao and hot inazma MR in my car, i can feel to get smoother torque espically the Guangdao grounding it bring great result for me. But for the hp and torque in my dyno test it bring me 2 hp and few kg/m increase in torque.
My personal preference is try one by one.
Just my personal opinion wish it help you
U mean u used 2 together in your ride?? I actually does`t feel anything till now with my vs, week later I might try the qmax turbo, they said that is one of the best, but those EDGE user said all the vs other than EDGE is rubbish. :confused:

K2 stanley

Known Member
Mar 24, 2009
I never try EDGE before so i can't comment anything. But i used majority VS in the market and majority give me head lamp brighter only. But it depends what you looking, if you looking hp or torque then don't use VS change filter or exhaust even faster and greater result. Remember the VS just let the electric flow more efficiency it don't grow it just recover the loss. :)

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I never try EDGE before so i can't comment anything. But i used majority VS in the market and majority give me head lamp brighter only. But it depends what you looking, if you looking hp or torque then don't use VS change filter or exhaust even faster and greater result. Remember the VS just let the electric flow more efficiency it don't grow it just recover the loss. :)
Yes I understand, I just curious about the benefits of vs, does it really gain that much like they said, I doing my exhaust and intake now, still 1 more week to go.
I get the same gain as u, just head lamp brighter, but i feel air con cooler, too, some of my friend give good feedback about sun auto and qmax, i was just wondering:confused:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
After understanding the purpose of VS and the myth of it improving in Performance, I believe there are lots of things we may or may not feel the improvement especially in performance, try to drop in a KNN Filter, U might feel like the car performance improve in terms of torque. After awhile it just felt like any normal Filter. Don't believe me can try using KNN for few months then try putting back stock air Filters in it.

To me I get it because I could save more than changing the stock Air Filters which cost about RM80 if not wrong. Where I can just wash and reuse my KNN.

I installed this HKS earth ground cables, believe is a replica and it does improve my headlights slightly brighter. That's what I felt. How true it is Im not sure myself. Maybe psychology wise.

If RM3K for an increase of 2 - 3hp, might as well spend on piggyback ecu like some mentioned in another thread when I ask about the myth of VS in improving car performance. RM1K and above or at least 1.5K if not wrong.

As many said, spend on something that proven that it works instead of trying things that we are uncertain of and not relying on what was mentioned on the box.

There is a reason to have nice and convincing packagings :biggrin:

K2 stanley

Known Member
Mar 24, 2009
Yes I understand, I just curious about the benefits of vs, does it really gain that much like they said, I doing my exhaust and intake now, still 1 more week to go.
I get the same gain as u, just head lamp brighter, but i feel air con cooler, too, some of my friend give good feedback about sun auto and qmax, i was just wondering:confused:
Yes it really works as i myself is the user. As i mention earlier VS don't gain hp it just recover the lost with such simple product give you 1-2 hp is a lot. So it all just depends by yourself worth it or not.

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
it really depends on what u're seeking.
but i do find hotinazma and guangdao are among the best VS money can buy.
i like em becoz its simple and easy-to install and un-install.

however, does it really justify the price?u haf to figure it out urself.

P/s: i am still using hotinazma hyper, MR, supple, HG.
guangdao/qmax i have turbo, LV, 3+1, 2+1.
all in different car of mine...

haf tried those pivot - sold, zaptor-donate to fren. :)

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
After understanding the purpose of VS and the myth of it improving in Performance, I believe there are lots of things we may or may not feel the improvement especially in performance, try to drop in a KNN Filter, U might feel like the car performance improve in terms of torque. After awhile it just felt like any normal Filter. Don't believe me can try using KNN for few months then try putting back stock air Filters in it.

To me I get it because I could save more than changing the stock Air Filters which cost about RM80 if not wrong. Where I can just wash and reuse my KNN.

I installed this HKS earth ground cables, believe is a replica and it does improve my headlights slightly brighter. That's what I felt. How true it is Im not sure myself. Maybe psychology wise.

If RM3K for an increase of 2 - 3hp, might as well spend on piggyback ecu like some mentioned in another thread when I ask about the myth of VS in improving car performance. RM1K and above or at least 1.5K if not wrong.

As many said, spend on something that proven that it works instead of trying things that we are uncertain of and not relying on what was mentioned on the box.

There is a reason to have nice and convincing packagings :biggrin:
Ya, its about 2~3k just for few hp, I did change my intake to open pod together with exhaust to pair it, and getting a piggyback soon after my car come back.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

it really depends on what u're seeking.
but i do find hotinazma and guangdao are among the best VS money can buy.
i like em becoz its simple and easy-to install and un-install.

however, does it really justify the price?u haf to figure it out urself.

P/s: i am still using hotinazma hyper, MR, supple, HG.
guangdao/qmax i have turbo, LV, 3+1, 2+1.
all in different car of mine...

haf tried those pivot - sold, zaptor-donate to fren. :)
I was planning to get 1 Qmax turbo combine with another vs. Theres a shop told me 2 vs + 1 interior vs is best.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

Yes it really works as i myself is the user. As i mention earlier VS don't gain hp it just recover the lost with such simple product give you 1-2 hp is a lot. So it all just depends by yourself worth it or not.
How about the fuel consume? getting any better???

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
I was planning to get 1 Qmax turbo combine with another vs. Theres a shop told me 2 vs + 1 interior vs is best.

hahaha...dat shop only wants your money.. :listen:
the price does not justify my butt feel.

at this moment i couple gd turbo wif 3+1
i find guangdao/qmax turbo is more than enuf.
fyi, guangdao/qmax will not prolong the battery lifetime...but i find my hotinazma help to prolong my other car battery.currently more than a year and still strong.

K2 stanley

Known Member
Mar 24, 2009
Yes it do helps but it also depends on your right foot. It helps because the gas pedal is lighter.
Smoother torque.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
yewly1990 : A grounding kit is basically something you install to help improve your stock grounding which might be worn out or corroded or something. It doesn't 'improve' anything, it just sets it back to 'stock' performance.

A VS is a debatable thing. Personally I have had no performance gains at all with any VS I've ever used or borrowed except one. A DIY-ed one that was done by a friend who just had too much time in his hands and is a real electrical engineer. He even modified an old DEFI meter and incorporated it into his Myvi dash so now his rev meter changes colour when he hits a certain RPM and the whole meter cluster has a startup sequence just like DEFI. Anyway, I have the VS with me now, if you like, I can let you test it. It makes the car a bit rough for some reason but obvious acceleration gain on my Myvi. Haven't tested it on my ancient Wira.

Anyway, that Ericteoh fella isn't very friendly. I once asked him a question and he shot me down claiming I was trying to ruin his business. I think he's a load of bull.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
used to have 2 different VS in my ex-kelisa... no performance gain watsoever.

BUT.. my idle was alot smoother with it. how i know?

i installed 1 VS forgot wat brand...didnt notice anything... after a few years, the thing burnt and the idle got noticeably rough...to a point it annoyed me... bought zaptor... pasang and went back to nice smooth idling....so definitely not placebo hehehe

but VS n grounding usually have different gains for different cars.. some no gain... some a little gain... some alot of gain. usually when they list the gains during the advertising for the VS.....u shouldnt take it as confirm get all that... u should take it as "possible" gains.

just like iridium plugs..... lasts up to 100k km... so people think it should last 100k km before changing... but makes noise when they actually have to change it at 40-60k km... they keep missing out on the key word... which is "up to"

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
yewly1990 : A grounding kit is basically something you install to help improve your stock grounding which might be worn out or corroded or something. It doesn't 'improve' anything, it just sets it back to 'stock' performance.

A VS is a debatable thing. Personally I have had no performance gains at all with any VS I've ever used or borrowed except one. A DIY-ed one that was done by a friend who just had too much time in his hands and is a real electrical engineer. He even modified an old DEFI meter and incorporated it into his Myvi dash so now his rev meter changes colour when he hits a certain RPM and the whole meter cluster has a startup sequence just like DEFI. Anyway, I have the VS with me now, if you like, I can let you test it. It makes the car a bit rough for some reason but obvious acceleration gain on my Myvi. Haven't tested it on my ancient Wira.

Anyway, that Ericteoh fella isn't very friendly. I once asked him a question and he shot me down claiming I was trying to ruin his business. I think he's a load of bull.
Ya, I am very interesting with this also, could I have a try with it? I saw too much product outside which claim they are useful, but I personally tested 2 stuff which feels like no gain at all.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ya, I am very interesting with this also, could I have a try with it? I saw too much product outside which claim they are useful, but I personally tested 2 stuff which feels like no gain at all.
jom lets meet up. I'll let you try the DIY unit.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can i still install a management for my 1.8 mivec since the original ecu has been rechipped??and what is the best management for mivec and where is the best place to do it?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience