Malaysia boleh!!!!

Aiyo have dat car for wat?...

Better spend half that amt on a jap sports and use the balance for maintanence lar..
KNN...never think properly one...That fella think M'sia roads are built like singapore or japan izzit???? If any fella happen to buy that car and decide to go for a teh tarik in the middle of Kl then die liao lar if his favourite teh tarik stall is in the middle of a "rally track".

Even KL roads are nothing fantastic....Knowing our country sometimes, national manufacturers will tend to jack up the prices of spare parts like siao. Just look at the prices that our national manufacturers are giving to the public...Juz imagine if that freakin 500k contraption monstrosity gets onto our road....How many ppl buying that car will get pokkai? hehehehe

:lol: juz my 2 nutz worth :lol:

come on la, wat if this car is made in japan or germany, that would be a totally different story, i agree that Proton is not giving us much faith but this isn't proton production.

at least our country is progressing, 500k for a super local car maybe a little bit too overpriced for not promising us anything, but somehow, show your support la not criticism only.

Originally posted by Grixism@Mar 21 2005, 04:28
do u guys know the lamborghini history??hmm...worst than this!
[snapback]826002[/snapback]​

:lol: i dunno much but somehow i agree.. after watching top gear.. just like what they say, dream car(lambo) is supose to remain a dream, or you will be dissapointed.

well, about that new car, one promising thing is its not proton, and only 150 unit. probably they can have better quality. 3 liter? maybe need force induction to make it a super car. hopefully over 330lb-ft of torque and something like 400hp :) and hopefully FR :lol:

wonder why only 3 liter... :unsure: roadtax ar?

Well to think of it....

3 liter is nothing.... most supercars such as italdesign, ferarri, tvr, viper, chevy, holden and all running at v8 or v10 or 12 and 4 liter up to 6 liter engine.

While this malaysian made supercars only running at 3 liter and price at $500k. Well can get supra twin turbo at 3 liter am i right....

and for my business idea... malaysia come out with first supercar model and they should put the price range starting FROM maybe $150k or $200k to $600k and higher and higher...

From smaller model and cheap supercars to higer model... so people would start to purchase the cheaper one and then upgrade and upgrade...

For the first sale price of $500k kinda too expensive in malaysia unless you the kinda people dont know what to do with ur money already....

Well just my 2 tiny cents....

It is good that at last malaysia will have their own supercar

But time has told us in Malaysia anything can, we have been duped by Proton and Perodua before, so it is normal for us laymen to think negative about this supercar.

Just like Bufori.What happen to Bufori anyway?

Anyway, just wait until the car roll out first, but Im doubt normal Malaysians like us want to spend rm500K for unknown brand.

I will settle for NSX Type R if I have Rm500K.

Baffling!!! That's what most of the comments in here are.

The bloody thing isn't even out yet and you have all sorts of experts "knowing" and "finding" faults with it. Unbelievable.

Clueless!!!

It's a carbon fibre, hand crafted, limited edition sports car. It's priced very competitively compared to its rivals and expensive enough to be taken seriously. I'd like to see some of you buy a new Ferrari for RM 500k. Go ahead and let me know when you do. The cheapest Porsche, the Boxster, costs about RM 500k.

Why don't we wait for it to be out and for a proper test to be done before criticising it, aye?

If this was made in some exotic sounding European country, you'd all be singing a different tune.

edit: Someone found the 3.0 litre engine to be small. How big is the engine in a Ferrari 360 Modena? How about the Porsche 911 turbo? Yup, half a litre is MUCH bigger.

Effort = good.

if there was no restrictions on imports of cars (AP issues) i get a K1 roadster.

proton cars are never been the good because they have alot of shitty vendors that provide the parts to proton. proton doesn't know to build every single bit of the car. they source for company to help them build a car. because the vendors are not too competent to their works, they'll source for ANOTHER vendors to do the job for them so they can complete the job for proton.
this cycle also contribute to the hike of price because goin thru 2 vendors for one part of the car.
To lower the price, proton cut corners here and there, to reduce the cost to minium to cover the return on investment due to high cost of build.
And the quality for every little component of the car are hard to control. as it involves many vendors to supply parts to proton.
So something spoil very quickly from a proton cars are mostly not protons fault. its the vendors fault at most. Shitty vendors supply shitty parts will produce shitty cars.

IF esna doin the same thing like proton did. they'll production cars will suffer. but for 150 units, i think the quality should be easy to control. somemore its handmade. hmm.... worth to see the end product of this car.

Come on, we know that most of us can't afford this car. Its target is millionaire or billionaire. For them, buying a car worth RM500,000 is like drinking water and it will be only 150 units available, worth as a collection. We don't have to worry about their deep pockets. Just my 2 cents opinion. :)

for Proton case mention by xcheong, maybe Proton shall learn from Nissan how there take control for the supplier..

Last edited:
Originally posted by xcheong@Mar 28 2005, 16:14
proton cars are never been the good because they have alot of shitty vendors that provide the parts to proton. proton doesn't know to build every single bit of the car. they source for company to help them build a car. because the vendors are not too competent to their works, they'll source for ANOTHER vendors to do the job for them so they can complete the job for proton.
this cycle also contribute to the hike of price because goin thru 2 vendors for one part of the car.
To lower the price, proton cut corners here and there, to reduce the cost to minium to cover the return on investment due to high cost of build.
And the quality for every little component of the car are hard to control. as it involves many vendors to supply parts to proton.
So something spoil very quickly from a proton cars are mostly not protons fault. its the vendors fault at most. Shitty vendors supply shitty parts will produce shitty cars.
[snapback]847388[/snapback]​

When you go to a restaurant for dinner,and the fish is not fresh.
Who do you blame?

The restaurant manager/waiter or the fisherman?

Originally posted by boggysv+Mar 31 2005, 18:29 --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boggysv @ Mar 31 2005, 18:29 )</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-xcheong@Mar 28 2005, 16:14
[snapback]847388[/snapback]​

When you go to a restaurant for dinner,and the fish is not fresh.
Who do you blame?

The restaurant manager/waiter or the fisherman?
[snapback]857766[/snapback]​

blame myself, why i go and eat at that restaurant, if a car, why i go and buy that proton car hehehehe :D

hehehe jk jk only :P
[/b][/quote]

xcheong said:

IF esna doin the same thing like proton did. they'll production cars will suffer. but for 150 units, i think the quality should be easy to control. somemore its handmade. hmm.... worth to see the end product of this car.

hmm..sounds ignorance to me..proton have to source at least 40% ithink from local vendors for parts b'cos that what the govt policy is..help the local to stimulate our economic growth..proton have always wanted to outsource 4 parts to be competitive..1 more thing..malaysian market is too small...other manufacterers can order in bulks for parts cos of worlwide sales..hence price will be lower..proton?small order..mahai loo..so,how could a new car manufacturer survive ?to have local support in the mainland first..but malaysians r always tend critisize their own..maybe a book from korean automotive should help..they buy korean cars first for support..then kia n hyundai can invade malaysia easily now..cos dont have to worry..stronghold in korea is making money maaa..now things r worst with curroption and AP kings running the show :biggrin: very cheap korean cars here...

boggysv said:
this statement makes me worried.
I wonder who are the 20 ppl who have so much faith in esnasports :blink:

the 20 ppl could be....datuks, tan sri with too much money......contractors won billion dollar contract so take up 1% money to buy a toy.... and AP kings???......hm..who else? So you worried that is actually the secret agent set up to sell those sports cars that may disassemble itself in 300kmh so those AP kings and contractors will be killed silently???:P

seriously...to built a 300kmh car is no joking....even ferrari also take years to develop the F430....just few months to develop this car???.......hm....

if i have rm500k budget..i will go for second hand ferrari F355....good for 295kmh...

1) this should be a good car.....why?...because i never test drive it...on the same prinsip that u guys said its a bad car because confirm none of u test drive this car either

2) quality should be great coz its only 150 units...then they wanna build a new car...good....ambitious...thats what we need...take lil step one by one...

3) 500k is good since the target is not only malaysian but worldwide....if a uk millionaire wanna buy this car should cost round 80,000 pound only...cheap if im a millionaire...how many millionaire they got in UK alone?

4) it look like this..it look like that... coppycat...but i never heard anybody complain when 350z that basically look like a Posh rolled out...

5) its not proton...so judge this book...with other book cover...hahaha

6) believe me...some malaysian do boleh...ahahaha

bump. This car suddenly come out from my mind.
According to news at 2005, they shall launch this at 2006, now is already 6 months pass 2007, still no news?

images from autoworld
1833F65289190.jpg

1833F65291100.jpg

1833F65292610.jpg

1833F65294630.jpg

i thot rite now they are having an ops to crackdown on carbon fibre parts? y this car got carbon fibre? like dis how? ...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom