Laptop Detection Gadget!!!

edtvism

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
PJ
lol, -storm- u can put the lappy in the trunk and go park around pj area. go the the ss14 jaya carpark. then you see exist or not lo

Lord_darkslide

Known Member
Oct 19, 2005
hey y dont we make an experiment.... any 1 here got an old pentium3 (or pentium 2) laptop???

1st need a cheap ass car.. that the trunk can be easily repair... wira is ok.. or mebbe satria.... (u can bring/try with ur skylines and hondas or evos too... lol :P )

then just put the laptop in ur trunk... go park ur car at jaya ss14 like edtvism said...

then hide around that area...

or better gather fellow zth member.... get 2-3 mpv, like the alphard/estima......with heavy tint or curtain... and hide in it....

when see the thief.... all scream.. ATTACK!!!! and jump out of the mpv... and rush to the thief... (make sure u r more than 15 poeple or so... ).. catch him... and see if he had a detection device.... how bout that???...
if he didnt carry and detection device.... just slap him around a lil bit... and hand him to the police...

better sum1 carry video cam... then post to TV3...999

cool???

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
Lord_darkslide : If you bear all the financial cost/equipment/vehicle for the plan, obviously we wouldn't mind :biggrin:

-storm-

Known Member
Aug 26, 2006
i always leave my laptop in my car one despite my mother told me not to do so:hmmmm: mayb because its some cheap ass laptop thats why they dont want :rofl:

edtvism

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
PJ
lol i have an old pentium 3 lappy. actually that devious plan has spun in my head on the day i lost my lappy (biasa le, super pissed off ma)

bernardyeo

Known Member
Apr 4, 2007
I think this laptop detection device is a myth. In the Star newspaper the police talked about it but until now not even one picture of it is available anywhere or online.

If you dress like an office worker, you come out of your car and don't carry a briefcase or bag with you, then chances are your bag is in the car boot. Thieves can easily make that assumption and try their luck. Or maybe you stopped the car then put your laptop in the boot, lock your car then walk off. Thieves also can see that.

Next time, leave a laptop bag in the boot. At your destination, take that bag out of the boot and lock your car. It may prevent break ins.

QuickRide

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007
In the end, its only a longer version of 'take your laptop out after you've arrived at your destination'.

drag_addict

Known Member
May 5, 2006
if you ask specifically for 'laptop detection gadget' then of course it doesn't exist..knowing Malaysian creativity,everything has got multiple purpose..
So instead,try to look for 'frequency scanner'..

An example of Malaysian creativity:
-'Gambir Sarawak'(dunno what they call it in English)
initially for toothache.when rub at the affected area,it'll become numb...
so when 'sensitive areas' became numb,guess laa how long one can perform...
hehehe..sori out of topic!n pls i'm not a Gambir S'wak distributor...

edtvism

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
PJ
I think this laptop detection device is a myth
have u not watch TV. our police already showed the device and how it works with demo some more.

If you dress like an office worker, you come out of your car and don't carry a briefcase or bag with you, then chances are your bag is in the car boot. Thieves can easily make that assumption and try their luck. Or maybe you stopped the car then put your laptop in the boot, lock your car then walk off. Thieves also can see that.
i dress in a normal tee shirt and jeans with slipper. the lappy was in the boot from the begining also. thats why i was frustrated, not knowing how it happened. cause i assume that thingy was a myth also.

if you ask specifically for 'laptop detection gadget' then of course it doesn't exist..knowing Malaysian creativity,everything has got multiple purpose..
So instead,try to look for 'frequency scanner'..
yea i agree. but does it mean battery voltage scanner or some other thing type scanner?

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
I saw once in Lowyat a device dat can detect hp selling 4 RM300++ if not mistake...isit something similiar 2 d laptop detection gadget??...i think can use oso aah...

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
esthapo : So many laptops around lowyat, u can try it out on the spot la whether can detect laptop anot. Hahaha!

edtvism

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
PJ
you can just ask them "is this the stuff they use to detect and steal lappys?"

LOL

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi bros, I am currently driving a lancer CS3, with 4g18 engine. I am planning to change my throttle body to a evo3 TB. I still have to bore my manifold to match the TB. Anybody knows which other intake manifold I use to direct fit to my engine so I don't have to bore my existing IM???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience