Question on Notebook / Laptop.

The Overall Best Laptop/Notebook brand .

• Fujitsu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toshiba

• DELL

• HP

• Compaq

• Acer

• Twinhead

• Samsung

• Sony

• NEC

• Total voters

R.C.

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
I would like to ask those with experience(owns) a Notebook/Laptop - please help me out, thanks.

I'm looking for a good(new) laptop in our market.
Budget : below RM5,xxx.
Main Purpose : Education / Work.

What brand and model is good ?
I need a system which is stable, no frequent problem such as 'hang' kei, motherboard problem, drive problem and etc like my NEC VERSA notebook.

3 of my friends recommend 'DELL' any review on this ?

Thanks.

jchk2k

Dec 20, 2003
Nec/ Dell/ Fujitsu/ Hp

NEC, models later than the E6000 are comparetively good and known to be quite reliable compared to their elder VERSA predecessors. Im using the E6000 DW1 and ive got no problem what so ever since i bought it. Easy to use and handle, its a good budget desktop replacement for RM4599 though i recommend you look around for the E6000 replacement model now that will set you back around RM4899+-.

HP also has a competing notebook which is silver in colour in the market now. Though specifications cannot surpass the NEC models, the notebook is quite sturdy and reliable which are comments made by my friends who is currently using that particular silver top model.

Dell and Fujitsu are both in the same category with being a little over- priced considering the specifications with Fijitsu taking the top spot loosing ony to Sony. Dell as you know has a wide range of marketing strategies that allow you to compile your own notebook specifications so perhaps its worth trying. No experience in reliablity but its a popular choice amongst business people and university students so i guess that should comment for itself.

For a budget notebook i recommend you compare the highlights of the notebooks now which are the LCD superview screens, their disk drives and their graphics card all which should have a minimum of 512MB DDR RAM.

Hope this helped ... however this is only my opinion and I'm not professional, just a computer enthusiast.

Last edited:

revit

Jun 27, 2005
PJ
R.C. said:
I would like to ask those with experience(owns) a Notebook/Laptop - please help me out, thanks.

I'm looking for a good(new) laptop in our market.
Budget : below RM5,xxx.
Main Purpose : Education / Work.

What brand and model is good ?
I need a system which is stable, no frequent problem such as 'hang' kei, motherboard problem, drive problem and etc like my NEC VERSA notebook.

3 of my friends recommend 'DELL' any review on this ?

Thanks.

I have used a few different laptops before and so far I am very happy with my HP laptop. I have used it for more than a year and I have no problem at all and their customer service and supports are really good. One tip for you if you are considering a HP laptop. HP laptops have 2 different 'series' one is for home unit and another is business unit. Usually business unit is slightly more expensive compare to those home unit even the specs are totally the same. This is because HP uses better hardware for business unit. Another tip in choosing a laptop is to choose a better warranty. I spent additional RM300 for extra 2 years warranty.

In the end of the day it is also based on your luck..many people told me this brand not good, that brand not good... but based on my experience..it is really depends on luck and how you use it only.

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
I've been using notebook since secondary school. My first notebook was ALR. When university time, i used Toshiba. During my early career, Twinhead. Now Dell.

My conclusion was..Twinhead. Still the best. Really durable, been using it almost 5 years.. no problem at all. As for the Toshiba is ok also, but a bit pricy. Dell (as what i'm using now), so-so only. changed harddisk twice already. BTW, i'm onyl using the Dell at home only. No outstation travelling one!!

shelby

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
make sure get a T3 Security key for your newbook. It come with;

1. 1 Year free Trend Micro Pc-Cillin 2005
2. Data Encryption for your personal data protection
3. Track & Trace ( in case someone steals it, it traces the notebook by last
known connected internet ip address if the theives uses it )
4. Upto RM 6000 worldwide insurance cover if your new lappy got stolen
and if cannot be trace for 14 days.

You can check it out at http://www.tiss-msc.com/

all this for RM 249 only!!!

R.C.

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
shelby said:
make sure get a T3 Security key for your newbook. It come with;

1. 1 Year free Trend Micro Pc-Cillin 2005
2. Data Encryption for your personal data protection
3. Track & Trace ( in case someone steals it, it traces the notebook by last
known connected internet ip address if the theives uses it )
4. Upto RM 6000 worldwide insurance cover if your new lappy got stolen
and if cannot be trace for 14 days.

You can check it out at http://www.tiss-msc.com/

all this for RM 249 only!!!
where can I get it ? Is it offered for all laptop ?

kinki_kidz®

Known Member
Feb 1, 2004
Visit site
uhm.. NEC stands for never ending complain :p
unless its higher end ones, last time i did sell notebooks
i saw alot of compaq, acer and nec's coming back for service
:/ sort of funny funny problems
and yeah...twinhead...its actually quite wellknown for their 'quality' avoid if u can :rolleyes:
consider yourself lucky if yours doesnt give u anyproblem
same goes to acer as well :rolleyes:

well, i own a toshiba portege and my sis own this fujitsu s series
so far so good, no problem at all...comes with 3 years warranty as well..now fujitsu theres this model s7011
quite a steal.. last time 7999 now 5999 only :D

btw, for the hang kei version, u dont blame the machine, the system hang, 90% of the time is because of the user ;)

shelby

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
R.C. said:
where can I get it ? Is it offered for all laptop ?
Yes is meant fo Laptops new or old.Maybe you can try calling their office number and ask. Office located in Cyberjaya. :)

Last edited:

azhartestad

Known Member
May 6, 2005
stay away from compaq/hp so much problem and expensive to repair. IDE port loose, hardisk cannot detect cost me RM900 change the whole motherboard. and before that change lcd screen RM1000+.

toshiba used for five years not a single problem but i agree that its a bit pricey. i'd reccommend to buy twinhead. durabook with army technology. should be quite sturdy. costs less than RM4000.

mr_freak

Known Member
Apr 11, 2004
KL
Visit site
Since ur car enthusiast and/or a pc enthusiast also, check out the Acer Ferrari version with carbon fibre cover. damn cun,quite light and it can surf u in a lot of things like gaming/working. price tag ah,5999 nia :D

pillage2001

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
Fujitus or IBM if I have the loot. But Dell would do. They aren't too shabby. :) Have a IBM T42 and Dell Latitude D600 now and still love the T42 alot more than the Dell. :)

narx

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
Acer ferrari, rip off..
i do hope ur talking about the amd one`s..

get HP.. no regret getting it..
with 5k, u got a lot of choices..

do take your time and be extremely fussy when choosing ur future laptop, well worth the effort.. coz at the end of the day, your goin to spend countless of hours on it..

till then

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My ride ride wira 1.6.
When i drive through the uneven road.
it has the sound like hitting on the car 'king kong king kong', don have the squeaky sound.
Can any one tell me whats is causing the sound?
and also the cost to repair it. thanks.:adore:

tried other wira, not prob. ONLY mine.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience