Guys..Need help regarding my laptop~~ : (

escaflowne

1,000 RPM
May 4, 2004
Visit site
Guys..anyone here with IT background.Need some help here.Recently my laptop is behaving strange, when i restart,it can't boot up and hang at the COMPAQ logo.Then it will auto restart itself and i can't seems to type anything in windows.
I tried google for maybe a potential virus..My first guess was blaster but it isn't coz my task manager didn't have the program that suppose to be there if there is a blaster.And everytime when i wanna use "registry mechanic" to check my registry,it autorestart.

I have this kinda .exe "wscntfy.exe" thingy it suppose to be a windows security update stuff.I tried to just cincai type at ie address bar and it just type by itself..some yayyyyyyy shit...

I am thinking of reformat it,but my cd room already kong up.
Is there way to boot up after reformat from a USB drive (or can i replace a windows installation cd to a USB pen drive with the same data?)

Anyone encounter this problem? Or any IT sifu here is willing to lend a hand?

Thanks everyone..it is driving me nuts because I CAN'T TYPE!!!

eddie368

Known Member
Nov 29, 2003
no other way dude.... u need to format n reinstall
ur registry is mess, u have any external cdrom /rw

good luck

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
try system restore first, for some reason, it can even remove virus if there is any.

see, my university had a virus outbreak 2 weeks ago, half of the 400 computers in the whole building is infected, synthom is that it disables any component in the system that can detect its identity, mean even if i search for info on the net containing the word 'virus' the whole program shuts down, antivirus program is the same.

since i don't have the previlage of reformating the system, i try to restore it, to my supprise, it is fixed.

and if system restore didn't work, i wanna ask if there's a blue screen (different from the blue screen of death, this one is filled with system memory error code or something, usually flash so fast you can't see one) before the system restart itself. if that thing appear, then it is a hardware failure, my experience is that most probably the motherboard is halfdead, and there is nothing you can do beside send it to the workshop, unless ofcourse you major in electronic engineering or soemthing then you can fix it yourself provided you know the parts number.

Jon.lcl

Jun 2, 2005
Bukit Jalil
Hi, I'm a experienced disappointed compaq user, I had a compaq notebook once, with everything "kong", cdrom, floppy. Just to remind everybody, don't even bother going to hp service centre to get it fixed. They'll charge you assuming computer parts never dropped in price.

The safest way will be to format everything, since you dont have your CD-rom working. that'd be hell. You'll need to be able to boot from other devices.

1) check your bios to see if it supports USB Bootup. If it does, get external usb cd-rom and reinstall xp!

2)... boot to dos with floppy drive, find the usb drivers that will let your dos detect usb drives (very hard, cos i dont know the proper way to do it) http://www.bootcd.info/

3)Forget Compaq! go to low yat and ask those nice pc technicians to find a working notebook cd-rom, modify it and put it in your notebook (the last time i checked it costs less than RM 100, compaq charge around rm500, including diagnose and installation fee)

4)take your notebook apart, attach those desktop cd-rom drive to your notebook (converters are available if I'm not wrong), resintall windows, remove cd-rom, and put everything back together and pray nothing goes wrong anymore!

note: My compaq starting breaking down the 2nd year, but i managed to use it for another 3 years... my friend dropped it on the floor breaking it, and i thanked him.

Last edited:

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
a system restore deletes all data and restore the PC to the original state. I did this once on my compaq that went blank because of master boot record failure if my memory serves me right.

Fortunately i was able to get precious data from the hard disk before doing this restore

what compaq model are u using? mine was this small laptop... light pearl blue colour... really elegant and great for show offs :) but dissappointing battery performance

escaflowne

1,000 RPM
May 4, 2004
Visit site
hmm..thanks everyone.
Nop there isn't any blue screen that indicate hardware failure...
I tried system restore..onces it restart,it hang at the compaq logo..

Mine is compag presario 700.Ya..dun buy hp/compaq product coz u know why..hehe..the one that charge u gila price one is me!! i used to work for hp quotation team,left though..yes,the price list provided for us is ridiculous.

hmm..i guess just go find myself a external hard disk for backup and external cd room for reinstall window...sigh

fritz

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
Malaysia
www.mrbaoz.com.my
Dont you have an external Floopy Drive? Go borrow one from your friend and use floopy disc to boot and format ur laptop. I just did it to my comp.

escaflowne

1,000 RPM
May 4, 2004
Visit site
hahah bro trueno..dun bluff u actually..previouslly i am working for HP for their quotation team for repair..I am the one who charge ppl ridiculous repair price..
The price they provide is really pricey..

Bro trueno,u suspect is hardware problem?
But y my keyboard is not responding? i manage to select at bios but can't type any shit when i am in windows..

Thanks everyone for the help!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Another GTR crashes on Jalan Ampang. This time, it's said to be a Bangladeshi car jockey who probably thought the GTR's really fail proof. Sad to say, it's not exactly dummy...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience