JPJ is confusing me and is confused themselves

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
if you can't reg it in one particular center, do try others... sometimes it works

for example, when i swap my engine the first time, i notice that the transmission still mentioned auto (as original) but my hafkat is manual...

I bring my geran to JPJ kajang to ask them, they simply stroke it off and initial on it as a manual

now my geran is missing, dunno what will be printed out in the geran if i have the time to go there again to print a new one
What happen if geran missing? Will get fine for that?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
if you can't reg it in one particular center, do try others... sometimes it works

for example, when i swap my engine the first time, i notice that the transmission still mentioned auto (as original) but my hafkat is manual...

I bring my geran to JPJ kajang to ask them, they simply stroke it off and initial on it as a manual

now my geran is missing, dunno what will be printed out in the geran if i have the time to go there again to print a new one
After reading your post made me check my registration card too. I did my conversion some ten years back. At that time no need Puspakom check, just go to JPJ with documents and they update the computer and manually change the engine number on the registration card. Same, strike off, type new engine number then chop. Then 4 years back, my registration card was totally filled so have to go to JPJ get new card. Very simple, just show them the card is full, they reprint new one for you, they take old one back. Now here is the funny thing, I check my card and they is nothing written on the card to show whether it is manual or auto???????
So thought my car too old, so I check my wife's SUV card also don't have????:confused:

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

What happen if geran missing? Will get fine for that?
Have not tried this....hahahaha:biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Mine shows : Wira (A)
My Mitsu just put Galant,
My Hyundai just put Sonata 1.8
and my Chery even better they mention engine type number only not even mention Tiggo....:biggrin:

Probably that why some mention need to change, some say no need, so no clear procedure or maybe for Proton have to do.... :confused::biggrin:

Last edited:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
My Mitsu just put Galant,
My Hyundai just put Sonata 1.8
and my Chery even better they mention engine type number only not even mention Tiggo....:biggrin:

Probably that why some mention need to change, some say no need, so no clear procedure or maybe for Proton have to do.... :confused::biggrin:
you are poor? you are middle class and below? then follow this loooooong and confusing procedure!!!
At least that came to my mind la when doing any transaction here in malaysia

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I would like to invite you to participate in a research study on the impact of brand equity on purchase intention of automobile industry in Malaysia. This research study will serve as my MBA degree dissertation. It would take you less than 5 minutes to complete the questionnaire. All information shall be used for academic purpose only.

The target respondents for this research study are population ranging from age 18 to 60 years who own or used to own a car...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience