Is this disc brake safe?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
wtf.. me a legend?

I hereby decree you give me all your money! :thefinger:

The knuckle looks to be in pretty good shape. The rusty bits did you try sandpapering it? If you can get the iron oxide off and treat it with a coating of antirust then with some paint it looks like it actually might be usable.

And very nice job dude!

And wear a mask la woi.. iron oxide is not good for health

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Good job, brother. Yah! was about to say same thing, the mask from Pharmacist also can mah!....:biggrin:
Looks okay to me now, the whole thing is cast iron so it is still strong.

Bro. Izso, in ZTH DIY section you are the Legend.....:adore:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
And wear a mask la woi.. iron oxide is not good for health
inhale more can become iron man?

see...never try never know. doesn't look so bad to me after initial sanding. still need to check on integrity of the iron tho. but damn good job.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
inhale more can become iron man?

see...never try never know. doesn't look so bad to me after initial sanding. still need to check on integrity of the iron tho. but damn good job.
Better not, later he needs battery to run......hahahahaha:rofl:

Yah! check further on it, but look okay from the pic....

Jul 4, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Not to forget to replace the cup seal inside the caliper piston upon recondition it back.I think all of the seal is totally harden and ceased.That is the most crucial things have to do...

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
Hi all.. Just need your opinion here. Preferably those with experience in this please...

I bought a disc brake set to fit into my car about a year ago from a seller in this forum. Suppose to fit it in today but I spotted some problem. It is full of rust. The knuckle, the caliper bracket, the rotor shield (that round thing like a shield don't know what is it called). I don't think it is due to me keeping it for one year because I kept it indoors and I bought another set and kept it for the same period and that set didn't rust. I don't expect new because it is halfcut item, but is this too much?

I am not blaming here. But I want to get some opinion on:
(i) Is it safe to use
(ii) What can I do to solve the problem

Below are some pictures:

At a glance, it is ok. just like any halfcut item

Zoom deeper. Everything is badly corroded and crusty.

Can poke thru the rusty rotor shield with finger.

Part of the rotor shield is already gone. Eaten by the rust. Is this part crucial?

I'm worried about the caliper bracket too. The rust is so thick that it formed layers of flakes.

So... Can use? Any ways to solve this?

better throw away, safety always come 1st. except you hv spare part for ur life :smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

My gf is driving a 1989 Proton Saga 1.5 with magma engine. recently we wanted to paint the car, so myself with my manly feeling brought the car and did some modification. below listed is what i have added to the car.

1.> K&N Style air intake
2.> This fuel thing that looks like this <<||||||>> which i bought at brothers that cost RM 58 which is suppose to save fuel. I think it is called a fuel/air compressor.
3.> Bosch Super 4 spark plugs
4.> complete Race exhaust system.

the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience